Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th July 2012, 18:13   #1141  |  Link
SassBot

Yeah, let me know if you see any regressions.

There's a few GUI bugs fixed in that too. Also in the conversion dialog I've gotten rid of the accelerators on the store/restore/reset buttons. This way alt-o will work properly for the okay button on that dialog now.
Old 13th July 2012, 13:38   #1142  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

CLI bug: This command doesn't work.
Code:
BDSup2Sub++.exe --language fr -o "11 Subtitle (PGS), French.sub" "11 Subtitle (PGS), French.sup"
BDSup2Sub++ 1.0.0 RC3
OPTION: Set language to French (fr)

Converting SUB/IDX

Loading C:/Users/rol/Desktop/BD3D2AVS_projects/My_BD/00485_m2ts/11 Subtitle (PGS), French.sup
Selected language 'French (fr)' by filename
ERROR: Cancelled by user!
I have NOT cancelled the process.
Note that the same bug occurs even without the --language option. But it works if the output file is not specified: the GUI opens and loads the input file.
It seems that the CLI code is broken when -o is specified.
Here is the SUP stream (but IMO, the same bug happens with any stream, although I have not verified).

Also, I wonder why the message "Selected language 'French (fr)' by filename" appears, since the language code has been passed via the CLI. (Not important if you can confirm that the CLI option takes precedence.)

Last edited by r0lZ; 13th July 2012 at 13:51.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 15:15   #1143  |  Link
SassBot

Ok, fixed version is here.

Quote:
Also, I wonder why the message "Selected language 'French (fr)' by filename" appears, since the language code has been passed via the CLI. (Not important if you can confirm that the CLI option takes precedence.)
There was no flag to tell it not to try to do this. Now there is and it won't do that anymore. But, yes, it has no real effect since if you do specify the language Idx manually it is set immediately prior to writing out the subtitle file. That message gets printed as it is first reading the subtitle file.

Let me know if you see any other regressions.
Old 16th July 2012, 20:24   #1144  |  Link
SassBot

So I presume the silence means no more regressions found?
Old 16th July 2012, 21:00   #1145  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Not tested much. In particular, I have still not tested the option to move the subpics horizontally or vertically, but I should have some time to test it tomorrow. Also, I have not tested the GUI. But IMO, you can probably release 1.0 soon, or immediately if you wish.
Old 16th July 2012, 23:03   #1146  |  Link
mood

I have tested only GUI and RC4 work great, the problem with black background it seems that disappeared but i need test a little more.

Also sometimes I have crash with long subtitles, some memory leaks I suppose.

You need a little more optimize memory for BDN xml/png sometimes crash or consumes all my pc memory (4GB) and I canīt do anything on pc while process subtitles, if I do RC4 crash or freeze.

Sorry for my english, I hope you understand it.

Last edited by mood; 16th July 2012 at 23:06.
mood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 23:14   #1147  |  Link
SassBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mood View Post
Also sometimes I have crash with long subtitles, some memory leaks I suppose.
Can you post the subtitles that cause a crash? There should be no more memory leaks for loading or writing out subtitles. The few leaks left have are a few hundred K at best and not related to the subtitle load or writing code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mood View Post
You need a little more optimize memory for BDN xml/png sometimes crash or consumes all my pc memory (4GB) and I canīt do anything on pc while process subtitles, if I do RC4 crash or freeze.
How many PNG files? I've loaded BDN+PNG with over 1500 subpictures and it doesn't do anything remotely like that. Can you possibly post the BDN+PNG files zipped up so I can see what is happening?
Old 16th July 2012, 23:34   #1148  |  Link
SassBot

Okay, so I just double checked and I loaded a XML+PNG with 1200 PNG files and the RAM usage went up to 18 megs and when rewriting it back out as a BDSUP it peaked at 22megs.

Edit to add: Can you tell me some more specifics of what you did exactly when it ate up all your RAM and crashed? And the exact file you can get it to reliably reproduce with is vital. Because I loaded the XML+PNG, scrolled through about a hundred subpictures than wrote it out as BDSUP and like I said, it barely went up in RAM usage from after being loaded.
Old 17th July 2012, 00:08   #1149  |  Link
mood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassBot View Post
Okay, so I just double checked and I loaded a XML+PNG with 1200 PNG files and the RAM usage went up to 18 megs and when rewriting it back out as a BDSUP it peaked at 22megs.

Edit to add: Can you tell me some more specifics of what you did exactly when it ate up all your RAM and crashed? And the exact file you can get it to reliably reproduce with is vital. Because I loaded the XML+PNG, scrolled through about a hundred subpictures than wrote it out as BDSUP and like I said, it barely went up in RAM usage from after being loaded.
Sometimes I move all subtitles sometimes not.

Here is XML+PNG, this have more than 2500 png.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jzjji88404w96ki

Sometimes work without problem, sometimes crash or freeze.
Old 17th July 2012, 14:12   #1150  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Hum tested this:
Code:
bdsup2sub++.exe --move-x origin --move-x-offset 10 -o "11 Subtitle (PGS), French_left.sub" "11 Subtitle (PGS), French.sup"
and the program crashes at the end of the conversion.

Windows error info:
Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	bdsup2sub++.exe
  Application Version:	0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:	50002c55
  Fault Module Name:	bdsup2sub++.exe
  Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:	50002c55
  Exception Code:	c0000005
  Exception Offset:	006ffc4c
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	0a9e
  Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:	0a9e
  Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
If I add the --language fr argument, it doesn't crash.
Old 17th July 2012, 15:05   #1151  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Another thing. When I load the sup file via the GUI (or with just the input file as CLI argument), the backgrounds of the subtitles are transparent. But when I convert it from the command line, it is black, even without any additional argument (except --language, necessary due to the previous bug). I have deleted the ini file, just to be sure, but the result is identical. It seems to not use the same defaults when it is launched from the CLI. (Or it has a bug with the transparency when it is launched from the CLI, but that's strange.)
Old 17th July 2012, 15:12   #1152  |  Link
SassBot

Can you post the SUP file? There is no difference between when launched via CLI or GUI other than if you override a value with a switch.
Old 17th July 2012, 15:22   #1153  |  Link
SassBot

r0lz, try this and see if you still see either of your issues. There was a missing check to make sure alpha and langIdx were actually set properly before trying to set the override (though I did have a check for the luma threshold override). Otherwise it'd set an erroneous value which is probably your issue with both the crash and the alpha. It wasn't a problem before because it was setting it immediately when detecting the options, but I forgot to check since I moved the alpha, langIdx and luma threshold overrides to just before the writesub call.

To mood, I still can't reproduce your issue. Even with doing a move caption the RAM usage only goes as high as maybe 100 megs. I'll run it again through Valgrind tonight with your XML+PNG to see if I can find other issues with memory leaks that maybe I'm not seeing without it since you are seeing a magnitude more memory usage than I can get it up to.

Last edited by SassBot; 17th July 2012 at 15:25.
Old 17th July 2012, 15:32   #1154  |  Link
SassBot

Download the file again if you already had, r0lz. There was one more fix that needed to be in that I forgot.
Old 17th July 2012, 15:35   #1155  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Not sure I've tried the latest version, but anyway, the two bugs are fixed (in one shot!)
Thanks.
I will retry with the new download, just to be sure...

[EDIT] Confirmed. No problem any more.

Last edited by r0lZ; 17th July 2012 at 15:39.
Old 17th July 2012, 15:37   #1156  |  Link
SassBot

The new download just has an additional fix for something else I noticed not anything related to what you posted.
Old 17th July 2012, 15:42   #1157  |  Link
SassBot

Okay, good. Well at this point I'm going to tag 1.0.0 branch and I'll recompile the file one more time to mark as the final. Anything else will now be fixed in a subsequent version. I'm also going to start a separate thread now.
Old 17th July 2012, 15:53   #1158  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, green light for me.
Old 17th July 2012, 16:13   #1159  |  Link
mood

Ok SassBot, green light for me too.

Thanks...
Old 17th July 2012, 16:20   #1160  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Wait! It seems that the --move-x origin --move-x-offset -10 doesn't work. After having converted the same sup file with --move-x-offset -10 and --move-x-offset 10, they are identical. The pos in the GUI has not changed.