Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 19th April 2012, 11:35   #11001  |  Link
Zorro70

Hi atak

Why does ripbot insist on using avs2yuv 32bit on my 64 bit system

it uses x264.exe 64 bit. (windows7)

Would i have to use avisynth 64 bit to get avs2yuv 64 bit to work, if so that would be a step backward to 2.58 avisynth, which would be a step backwards in encode quality wouldnt it???

avs2yuv 32 bit keeps giving me memory leaks :-(
Zorro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 11:41   #11002  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

1) avisynth 64 bit is BUGY and very unfinished . Don't use it! Instead install this 2.6.0 MT x86 (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...26#post1568726)
2) not all avisynth plugins used by ripbot are available in 64bits

Quote:
avs2yuv 32 bit keeps giving me memory leaks :-(
are you using some insane filters/script like QMTC ?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 12:09   #11003  |  Link
Zorro70

ok il just leave it as it is, its not a big deal, and to answer your question i use no filters, just seems after a couple of months avs2yuv just starts eating memory, mostly when loading blu rays into it, but it creeps up slowly during encoding also.

infact it blue screens if i dont use memory cleaner to stop the ram usage at 80%, then it drops about 4gb of ram and goes back to normal, then creeps up again :-)

i have 8gb ram btw.

its probably my fault somehow, maybe installing drivers/ uninstalling programs , eventually messes something up, doesn't it always lol
Zorro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 20:50   #11004  |  Link
essential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
before starting encoding edit job1_MuxFiles.cmd

add this to command line

Code:
..\mp4box.exe" -inter 0 -tmp "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp" ...
This made a difference but didn't fix the issue. If I FF once or twice the video starts fine right away, but if you FF a few times in a row the original problem starts again. No idea but thanks for the effort/idea.
essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 20:57   #11005  |  Link
igorgladunyak

Hello everybody. How to know, how much bitrate is enough for the video?
Is there a program that can determine bitrate for video?

Last edited by igorgladunyak; 21st April 2012 at 20:59.
igorgladunyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 21:04   #11006  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

just use constant quality mode instead of 2 pass. optimal value for most users is 20. lower value means higher quality and larger size.

@essential
this could be a bug in firmware. contact with tech support.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 21st April 2012 at 21:06.
Old 21st April 2012, 22:22   #11007  |  Link
igorgladunyak

Quote:
just use constant quality mode instead of 2 pass. optimal value for most users is 20. lower value means higher quality and larger size.
Old 22nd April 2012, 12:08   #11008  |  Link
ChrisBirkett

Prevent Windows standby

Hey Atak_Snajpera, just wanted to quickly say thank you so much for the great work on RipBot264. I'm a huge fan!

I just have one question - is it possible to stop Windows (7 x64 Professional SP1) from going to sleep while it is running? I like it to sleep when it has finished, so ideally RipBot would prevent sleep while it was running, and then when it was finished Windows would sleep after the timeout set in Power Options. As an alternative, Windows sleep could be disabled and there could be a Sleep when finished checkbox next to the Shutdown when finished checkbox. Either would be awesome

Once again thank you very much for this great app, you're awesome. Donation on its way
ChrisBirkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 03:08   #11009  |  Link
igorgladunyak

Off topic question Atak_Snajpera maybe you know where can I download Blu Ray disc this polish movie Katyń (2007)

Last edited by igorgladunyak; 23rd April 2012 at 03:10.
Old 23rd April 2012, 03:26   #11010  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorgladunyak View Post
Off topic question Atak_Snajpera maybe you know where can I download Blu Ray disc this polish movie Katyń (2007)
Downloading a bluray disc illegally is not supported by doom9! Now if the movie was given freely, I do not know.
Old 23rd April 2012, 16:15   #11011  |  Link
Shrekage

Hi Atak,

any chance you can add batch encode to AVCHD? manually changing from MKV to AVCHD for each file after batch preperation is becoming teadous...

Quote:
@Shrekage
What happens in TeamViewer? Regarding server count. Max would be 8. To much copy-paste work
?
I'll take 8 please...

it works in teamviewer, but I don't care much for teamviewer.

Teamviewer is not the same as RDP. Teamviewer is a bigger security risk, and while it works fine in teamviewer it also works fine sitting locally, and since teamviewer is a screen grabber, I would have expected that. RDP is native to Windows and does not show the screen while remote controlling it (or in the case of a server, you can have 3 people using/managing it at the same time with RDP.
Shrekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:01   #11012  |  Link
essential

Quote:
@essential
this could be a bug in firmware. contact with tech support.
Not to envoke a competitors name, but I went back to Handbrake to run a test.

Installed Handbrake 0.9.6 and converted to mp4 with CQ of 19.25 (because they removed target file size). Then installed Handbrake 0.9.5 and converted to mp4 with target file size 1400mb. In both instances cropping was off (cropping in Ripbot is far superior) but neither resulting mp4 had the FF issue with Boxee.

I then uninstalled everything from my system, Handbrake and all tools Ripbot uses, restarted and reinstalled the tools Ripbot uses, and converted to mp4 again, and resulting file had FF issues.

My next step is i'm going to try an older version of Ripbot or possible manually merge all VOBs so it's just one large file for Ripbot to deal with. Just an update since the HB mp4's dont have an issue it has to relate to Ripbot somehow, just for general information.
essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:14   #11013  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

you could try remuxing with latest ffmpeg.exe

ffmpeg.exe -i video.mp4 -vcodec copy -acodec copy -scodec copy newvideo.mp4
Old 23rd April 2012, 19:45   #11014  |  Link
Medality

Hi Atak !

I'd like to automatically launch RipBot at a given time and tell it to start encoding. I could schedule a Windows Task for this, but I don't know if there's a special command for RipBot that will tell him to start encoding as soon as it is launched.

Is this possible ?

As always, thanks for doing such a great app .
Medality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 21:21   #11015  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

why do you need to start encoding at specific time?
Old 23rd April 2012, 23:11   #11016  |  Link
Medality

I'd like my computer to automatically start encoding while I'm at work. I sometimes forgot to start RipBot before I go to work, and sometimes I can't because my girlfriend is sleeping (my computer is not very quiet, if you know what I mean...).
Medality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 03:46   #11017  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBirkett View Post

I just have one question - is it possible to stop Windows (7 x64 Professional SP1) from going to sleep while it is running? I like it to sleep when it has finished, so ideally RipBot would prevent sleep while it was running, and then when it was finished Windows would sleep after the timeout set in Power Options. As an alternative, Windows sleep could be disabled and there could be a Sleep when finished checkbox next to the Shutdown when finished checkbox. Either would be awesome

)
+1 if anyone knows this. This is the reason I do use ripbot on my XP pc as my windows7 laptop sleeps during encoding
flebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 05:28   #11018  |  Link
omegaman7

Change your power scheme. Laptop or not, that should correct it.
Old 24th April 2012, 08:12   #11019  |  Link
ChrisBirkett

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
Change your power scheme. Laptop or not, that should correct it.
Power scheme settings can be used to disable sleep entirely, but for people (like me) who want it to sleep when it's done, the trouble is that the timeout counter starts at end of user interaction i.e. when the Start button is pushed and encoding starts, not when it ends.

I'm wondering if we can leave our timeouts at 15 minutes or something sensible like that, and Ripbot adjust its thread execution state to prevent sleep while it is encoding? This would be extremely useful, though as I say a "Standby when finished" checkbox next to the shutdown one would be good as well
ChrisBirkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 08:43   #11020  |  Link
omegaman7

My apologies. I was speaking to Flebber. His jobs are apparently not finishing, because windows 7 on his laptop, likes to sleep during encode. There are ways of bypassing this. No doubt Flebber is connected to AC current. Obviously a battery would not fair to well on an encode job LOL!

My electrical bill is trivial. My computer doesn't consume much more than a 150 - 200W light bulb. I leave it on 24/7. I'm a firm believer that hot cold hot cold hot cold is not good for electrical components. A light bulb for instance would likely last longer if left on. Obviously this isn't practical in most situations Engines are the same way. They prefer to run.

Last edited by omegaman7; 24th April 2012 at 08:47.
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360