Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 12th December 2009, 03:41   #701  |  Link
qyqgpower

About CUIVDServer in RDP environment, just start CUIVDServer before login with remote desktop, then you can use DGSource normally.
qyqgpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 04:20   #702  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
About CUIVDServer in RDP environment, just start CUIVDServer before login with remote desktop, then you can use DGSource normally.
It dosnt work if you use MultiDGSouce, then you dont have CUVIDserver running and it will fail no matter what when remote dekstop is open...
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 18:17   #703  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Hey FYI it appears that nvidia has gotten their Mobile drivers updated finally to 195.62.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 13:12   #704  |  Link
Carpo

Well after reading about this program i went and donated - lets hope it will ease my issue of backing up a few of my blueray discs

Last edited by Carpo; 14th December 2009 at 13:35.
Carpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 13:22   #705  |  Link
cweb

I'm glad to report that I can now use dg nv tools to access my MTS files created by my panasonic camera. No more need to use tsmuxer to mux a ts file like I was doing earlier...
Old 14th December 2009, 14:59   #706  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Hi neuron,

I registered your program some time ago but never used it really. Now I have bought a Sony AVCHD cam and I have tried to use dgindexnv to demux audio/video and deinterlace using PureVideo. I have a problem and a question.

Problem: the deinterlace function does not work for me. The three (no,1pass,2pass) .264 files are byte identical. Yes, I have the latest version.

Question: Is it possible to get Motion Compensated Deinterlaced that is hardware supported by Nvidia/Cuda?
Old 14th December 2009, 15:07   #707  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormento View Post
Problem: the deinterlace function does not work for me. The three (no,1pass,2pass) .264 files are byte identical. Yes, I have the latest version.
Demuxing just removes the video from the container. It is not altered. Deinterlacing is applied only to the decoded video and therefore to the video as served though your Avisynth script. You cannot deinterlace AVC video without decoding it.

Quote:
Question: Is it possible to get Motion Compensated Deinterlaced that is hardware supported by Nvidia/Cuda?
If you are talking about PureVideo then it is already supported.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 15:12   #708  |  Link
cweb

Quote:
Hi neuron,

I registered your program some time ago but never used it really. Now I have bought a Sony AVCHD cam and I have tried to use dgindexnv to demux audio/video and deinterlace using PureVideo. I have a problem and a question.

Just a question, does your AVCHD cam produce interlaced files? My AVCHD camera produces progressive files so life is easier for me..
Old 14th December 2009, 15:28   #709  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
You cannot deinterlace AVC video without decoding it.
So, there is no way to get a deinterlaced 264 video simply with DGIndexNV?
Quote:
If you are talking about PureVideo then it is already supported.
Errr.. is PureVideo quality comparable to MCBob?
Old 14th December 2009, 15:29   #710  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
Just a question, does your AVCHD cam produce interlaced files? My AVCHD camera produces progressive files so life is easier for me..
The model my wife own is HDR-XD520VE and does produce 1080i50.
Old 14th December 2009, 16:10   #711  |  Link

Quote:
So, there is no way to get a deinterlaced 264 video simply with DGIndexNV?
That is correct.

Quote:
Errr.. is PureVideo quality comparable to MCBob?
I never used MCBob. You should do some experiments and answer it yourself.
Old 15th December 2009, 02:56   #712  |  Link
aegisofrime

Quote:
That is correct.

I never used MCBob. You should do some experiments and answer it yourself.
It is, in fact comparable to TGMC, or perhaps a bit lousier. However file size for the Purevideo file will be higher, not surprising since Didee has said that TGMC denoises as well.
aegisofrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 12:07   #713  |  Link
Desaster Dan

Speeed?

Hi neuron,
i did some blu ray test samples now, comparing encoding speed between dgdecode and dgmultidecodenv.
I always did it with Lord Mulder's simple gui on crf 18.

I'm running a Q9550 / 4 gigs Ram / geforce 9600GT
Driver Version is 6.14.11.9562.

now what I get is exacly the same encoding speed, (about 2.6 fps) regardless using dgdecode or dgmultidecodnv.
What's That?
Is dgmultidecode running on the CPU only?
(CPU load is 90-100% on all cores)
did I somthing wrong?

Thanks,
DD
Desaster Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 16:13   #714  |  Link
GZZ

what Avisynth script do you use. From what I can see decoding dosnt go faster then what the CPU can handle, so if you have alot of filters in avisynth and cpu near 100% I dont think moving the decoding process to the GPU will help you. But if you have a minimal avs script (only resize or deinterlacing) then moving the decoding to the GPU will speed up your process. The process dosnt run faster then the slowest link and it might be your CPU in this case.
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 09:55   #715  |  Link
turbojet

Thanks for fixing the windows 7 slowdown issue, beta 6 actually seems to index significantly faster focused then beta 3 did minimized.

I see setting force film is still not changing framerate in the info window though, any news on this?

Also I notice from the help menu 'DGDecNV Quick Start Guide' and 'DGIndexNV User Manual' don't work, bad file links?

One other thing is it possible to output just one file extension for the project file instead of .dga, .dgm, .dgv?
The reason I ask this is because it would simplify making avs files with an external program.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 14:26   #716  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
Thanks for fixing the windows 7 slowdown issue, beta 6 actually seems to index significantly faster focused then beta 3 did minimized.
I've not decided what to do about this finally, as losing the Info log during project save is irritating. Probably I will restore it and ask you guys to minimize the window if it causes a slowdown as a workaround until I find out the cause.

Quote:
I see setting force film is still not changing framerate in the info window though, any news on this?
At this time, I do not plan to implement the pulldown in DGIndexNV, so that the effect of the field operation will affect only the served video. The user manual will make it clear when I complete that.

Quote:
Also I notice from the help menu 'DGDecNV Quick Start Guide' and 'DGIndexNV User Manual' don't work, bad file links?
New help files are not yet done.

Quote:
One other thing is it possible to output just one file extension for the project file instead of .dga, .dgm, .dgv?
The reason I ask this is because it would simplify making avs files with an external program.
That's a great idea, as it also causes problems for CLI, because you have to know the video type to write the CLI line. I'll do that for the next beta.
Old 17th December 2009, 16:22   #717  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
I've not decided what to do about this finally, as losing the Info log during project save is irritating. Probably I will restore it and ask you guys to minimize the window if it causes a slowdown as a workaround until I find out the cause.
Oh I was running it from cli to open the gui and it was fast I was mistaking that for improved performance but it's still slow when running from gui.

Quote:
At this time, I do not plan to implement the pulldown in DGIndexNV, so that the effect of the field operation will affect only the served video. The user manual will make it clear when I complete that.
What I mean is if you load a 3:2 pulldown file, use force film on it to get 23.976 it still shows in DGIndexNV's information window as 29.97030 while the project is actually 23.976024. DGIndex information window shows the changed framerate which can be real helpful.

Quote:
That's a great idea, as it also causes problems for CLI, because you have to know the video type to write the CLI line. I'll do that for the next beta.
Thanks.
Old 17th December 2009, 17:17   #718  |  Link

Quote:
What I mean is if you load a 3:2 pulldown file, use force film on it to get 23.976 it still shows in DGIndexNV's information window as 29.97030 while the project is actually 23.976024.
I know what you mean. Do you know what I mean?
Old 17th December 2009, 17:29   #719  |  Link
turbojet

Not exactly, I can understand playback and demuxed video won't have the pulldown removed but that's also the case in DGIndex as far as I know.

The reason I ask about this is in DGIndex I rely mostly on that indication and don't look at field operation option very often, I know it's not good but it's been a habit for years. However when I messed up I could change the d2v framerate with a text editor. With DGNV is changing FPS 30000 / 1001 to FPS 24000 / 1001 and vice versa safe?
Old 17th December 2009, 20:22   #720  |  Link

Quote:
Not exactly, I can understand playback and demuxed video won't have the pulldown removed but that's also the case in DGIndex as far as I know.
No, DGIndex implements the field operation for the displayed video. I don't want to have to write and maintain all that in DGIndexNV when you can just serve the video. So, to be consistent, I won't show anything related to the field operation setting.

Quote:
The reason I ask about this is in DGIndex I rely mostly on that indication and don't look at field operation option very often, I know it's not good but it's been a habit for years.
I'm sure you can get used to checking what field operation you have selected before saving a project.

Quote:
However when I messed up I could change the d2v framerate with a text editor. With DGNV is changing FPS 30000 / 1001 to FPS 24000 / 1001 and vice versa safe?
You also have to change the FO line.