Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 28th November 2018, 13:00   #381  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi dissory

Yes the dropdown box is on my TODO list, I have to think about it first a while. And I will post here a test version if is ready.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2018, 14:18   #382  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi dissory

I have thought a bit about the tab-control with a dropdown box. There are 4 editors which are multi tab based and it would be much work to implement it for each editor. An other problem is, a dropdown box has no property to move items. Would it be OK when I combine everything in the second form of cE(like Source FPS-Files or Blu-ray/DVD loading).
Yon can make a right-cklick on the tab headers and a popup opens(I have implemented new items, next version). I could add a new item like "Tab Order/Management/Control" which opens the second form and there you can move items/tabs.
Old 29th November 2018, 19:39   #383  |  Link
dissory

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
Hi dissory

Would it be OK when I combine everything in the second form of cE(like Source FPS-Files or Blu-ray/DVD loading).
Yon can make a right-cklick on the tab headers and a popup opens(I have implemented new items, next version). I could add a new item like "Tab Order/Management/Control" which opens the second form and there you can move items/tabs.
Sure, that sounds like it will still be able to quickly see all the loaded tabs and rearrange order easily if needed so I think it should be ok
dissory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2018, 01:37   #384  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi dissory

Here is a new test rev of cE.

Make a right click on the tab-headers. You find a new item "Tab management".
The tab management is very simple, only a list of tab names is shown and you can change the positions via drag-drop.
Select a name in the list selects the corresponding tab. A right click can also be used to move/select tabs and than form2 close immediately.
I could also add a delete option for the tabs via middle click(is prepared).
Old 7th December 2018, 06:27   #385  |  Link
dissory

Quote:
Hi dissory

Here is a new test rev of cE.

Make a right click on the tab-headers. You find a new item "Tab management".
The tab management is very simple, only a list of tab names is shown and you can change the positions via drag-drop.
Select a name in the list selects the corresponding tab. A right click can also be used to move/select tabs and than form2 close immediately.
I could also add a delete option for the tabs via middle click(is prepared).
Delete option would be good addition but maybe right-click and delete option instead of middle click would be better so it can be used on laptops using touchpad? The tab management is simple but makes it a lot easier when working with a lot of files, thanks hubble!

Last edited by dissory; 7th December 2018 at 06:41.
Old 7th December 2018, 13:51   #386  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Delete option will be implemented and thanks for this hint with the right and middle click. Is a middle click not possible with a laptop?
The right click has at the moment also an option: Form2 is closing and you can select/move a tab before.
I think a middle click is a bit safer for deleting. I plan to implement Hotkeys for the list, like ENTF for deleting.

Is the tab management for you OK? If you need some more features let me know.

EDIT:
Would it be helpful to have a simple list of tabs in the popup-menu for fast selecting a tab?
When you have 20 files with long names(left-right buttons of the page control are shown) and you want jump from tab 1 to tab 16.
Right click on the tab-header(popup-menu opens) and under tab management is a new item "All Tabs" with a sub-menu with all tabs and here you can select tab 16.

Last edited by hubblec4; 7th December 2018 at 13:59.
Old 8th December 2018, 01:50   #387  |  Link
dissory

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4
Delete option will be implemented and thanks for this hint with the right and middle click. Is a middle click not possible with a laptop?
The right click has at the moment also an option: Form2 is closing and you can select/move a tab before.
I think a middle click is a bit safer for deleting. I plan to implement Hotkeys for the list, like ENTF for deleting.
I don't think middle click is possible on laptops (unless you attach a mouse). I agree with you middle click is safer from accidental click but I still think right click and delete is better than middle click to move and close tab because it only saves maybe 1-2 seconds when working with file because you can already move tabs with left-click and there is a 'X' close button already on the form and laptop users will be able to use it.

Also if you add right-click then delete menu option (instead of right click to delete) then it is safer from accidental click and in the future you can add more options/features in right-click menu to make the tab management form better.

Quote:
Is the tab management for you OK? If you need some more features let me know.
I think tab management is a great new addition with a lot of possibilities for features. Maybe my use of it is simple so I can think of only a few features that come to mind quickly, but here they are:

1) When tab management form is open, show the number of chapters and also country/language that is set next to the name (so it would show up something like "filename | num: 10 | lang: en | country: us) . Would be very useful to see quickly if any file has missing/wrong number of chapters or wrong country/language set.

2) Right click menu option like "Check if chapter names of tabs are identical". So if clicked and all tabs have same chapter names (Chapter 1, Chapter 2 etc.) it will show message saying "All tabs chapter names identical". Maybe also a way to show which tabs have different chapter names but I don't know if there is a way to show this.

3) Ability to select some tabs (ctrl+click) or all tabs (ctrl+a/select all option) then right click and apply any selected right-click menu options to them. For example select 5 tabs using ctrl+click, right-click and clicking delete menu option will delete the 5 tabs.

4) Looks like the tab management form window can't be resized or maximized. Can this be done?

Quote:
Would it be helpful to have a simple list of tabs in the popup-menu for fast selecting a tab?
When you have 20 files with long names(left-right buttons of the page control are shown) and you want jump from tab 1 to tab 16.
Right click on the tab-header(popup-menu opens) and under tab management is a new item "All Tabs" with a sub-menu with all tabs and here you can select tab 16.
Yep, that would help moving to a certain tab quicker.
Old 8th December 2018, 15:21   #388  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissory View Post
I don't think middle click is possible on laptops (unless you attach a mouse). I agree with you middle click is safer from accidental click but I still think right click and delete is better than middle click to move and close tab because it only saves maybe 1-2 seconds when working with file because you can already move tabs with left-click and there is a 'X' close button already on the form and laptop users will be able to use it.
I have changed the actions for the buttons, middle-click is now for closing form2 and right-click deletes the tabs.

Quote:
Also if you add right-click then delete menu option (instead of right click to delete) then it is safer from accidental click and in the future you can add more options/features in right-click menu to make the tab management form better.
Yes this is also a possibility.

Quote:
1) When tab management form is open, show the number of chapters and also country/language that is set next to the name (so it would show up something like "filename | num: 10 | lang: en | country: us) . Would be very useful to see quickly if any file has missing/wrong number of chapters or wrong country/language set.
The number of chapters(all chapters: nested chapters too) and number of editions could be easy implemented.
A language and country code can be different for each chapter, but I know what you mean. All your chapters have the same language and country code(I guess), and so I could take the first chapter and use language/country from this.

Quote:
2) Right click menu option like "Check if chapter names of tabs are identical". So if clicked and all tabs have same chapter names (Chapter 1, Chapter 2 etc.) it will show message saying "All tabs chapter names identical". Maybe also a way to show which tabs have different chapter names but I don't know if there is a way to show this.
This is not really clear to me. "Chapter 1" and "Chapter 2" are not identical. OK, when the number is ignored then "Chapter" is identical...and this is what you want?

Quote:
3) Ability to select some tabs (ctrl+click) or all tabs (ctrl+a/select all option) then right click and apply any selected right-click menu options to them. For example select 5 tabs using ctrl+click, right-click and clicking delete menu option will delete the 5 tabs.
Multi-Select is at the moment not enabled and for this I have to rewrite some functions.

Quote:
4) Looks like the tab management form window can't be resized or maximized. Can this be done?
You can change the height of form2(via mouse on each corner).
Can you read the full tab names in the tab-list, or are your file names longer as the list entries?

Quote:
Yep, that would help moving to a certain tab quicker.
OK, added to my TODO list.
Old 8th December 2018, 22:09   #389  |  Link
dissory

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4
This is not really clear to me. "Chapter 1" and "Chapter 2" are not identical. OK, when the number is ignored then "Chapter" is identical...and this is what you want?
What I meant is for example if I have 50 open tabs and each file has 5 chapters (named Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5). If I click the "Check if chapter names of tabs are identical" option it will check if all 50 tabs actually have their chapters named the same as each other. If say 1 tab has differently named chapters or different number of chapters it will output something like "All chapters names not identical".

Quote:
You can change the height of form2(via mouse on each corner).
Can you read the full tab names in the tab-list, or are your file names longer as the list entries?
Yes, a lot of my file names are quite long so it would be useful if I can change the width.
Old 9th December 2018, 00:08   #390  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
What I meant is for example if I have 50 open tabs and each file has 5 chapters (named Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5). If I click the "Check if chapter names of tabs are identical" option it will check if all 50 tabs actually have their chapters named the same as each other. If say 1 tab has differently named chapters or different number of chapters it will output something like "All chapters names not identical".
OK, I think I understand. All chapters in a tab should identical to all other tabs/chapters. The first tab is the reference tab and when a tab has more or less then 5 chapters, then the result of the check-function is false(not identical)?

Quote:
Yes, a lot of my file names are quite long so it would be useful if I can change the width.
OK, I will add this possibility.
Old 9th December 2018, 01:07   #391  |  Link
dissory

Quote:
OK, I think I understand. All chapters in a tab should identical to all other tabs/chapters. The first tab is the reference tab and when a tab has more or less then 5 chapters, then the result of the check-function is false(not identical)?
Yep, so if a tab has a different number of chapters than the reference tab or if any of the chapters are named differently from the reference tab then it will say a message that the chapter names of the open tabs are not identical (maybe also saying which tabs are different from the reference tab).
Old 9th December 2018, 01:34   #392  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

OK, clear now :-) and should the language and country also checked?
Old 9th December 2018, 01:51   #393  |  Link
dissory

Quote:
OK, clear now :-) and should the language and country also checked?
Yep, good idea to check language/country too.
Old 10th December 2018, 02:00   #394  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi dissory

Here is again a new test rev of cE.

The mouse actions are changed and form2 is full resizable(form2 button "max" also available) and the simple tab list in the popup menu is available.
The new item is called "Tabs" and for each tab is a sub item added with the tab name. The active tab/item gets a check icon in front.
On my screen I can have 75 tabs open and the sub menu list is full shown, but if you have more tabs or a smaller screen a scroll down/up would be necessary.
But I don't like this and so I have coded a dynamical nested sub-menu. If you have more then 60 tabs open, then level 1 sub items with a tab range-number are insert. Every sub item(1 - 50; 51 - 100 etc.) has 50 tabs(level 2 sub items) and gets also a check icon if the active tab in the range.
Old 10th December 2018, 04:08   #395  |  Link
dissory

Hi hubble, all seems to work well!

Only question I have is right now the right-click on tab will delete the tab. I'm guessing it will be changed later to become right-click then click submenu delete option to delete the tab?
Old 10th December 2018, 15:55   #396  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Only question I have is right now the right-click on tab will delete the tab. I'm guessing it will be changed later to become right-click then click submenu delete option to delete the tab?
Yes this comes later, when I implement the Chapter-Check feature.
Important for this test version was the simple tab list. There is a small bug(the check icon is sometimes used two times) but fixed for next test version.
Old 16th December 2018, 02:35   #397  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi dissory

Here is test3 of cE.

Multi-Select, popup menu, tab info and compare tabs is available.
Open popup menu is now for the right-click. I had to disable the right-click selection for the list, because this interferes with the multi select feature of the list.
You can delete multiple tabs and also moving. Moving maybe works not ever like expected, could be a bug/or a feature.
If tabs move up the order is same times changed. Not so easy to describe.

Tab info:
This info is added to the tab name. | (Editions/)Chapters | languages(first chapter) | countries (first chapter)

Compare tabs: You find this feature in the popup menu.

For Matroska exists 5 compare vars: Editions,Chapters,Names,Languages,Countries
After compering tabs a "Difference Code" <0,0,0,0,0> is insert in front of the tab names and an icon(3 different types) is shown.
Value 0 means no difference for this compare var. The example code above means identical.

The compering function checks also the chapter structure, the Names count and the Languages/Countries count AND order.
If an edition has 1 chapter and inside 19 nested chapters, so is this different to an edition with 20 normal chapters.
If a chapter has more/less ChapterDisplays/Names as the reference chapter, then the Names-compare-var is set to 1.

The active tab is the reference tab, and is this tab selected only, all other tabs will checked.

Last edited by hubblec4; 16th December 2018 at 02:39.
Old 16th December 2018, 18:04   #398  |  Link
dissory

Great work hubble, really nice additions! From testing most of the features they work well (I will test it out more). I like your Difference Codes addition a lot too makes it better for comparing.

Some suggestions I have:

1) I think moving multiple tabs at a time is little unexpected like you said (because the order changes differently when moving tabs). Is it possible to make moving multiple tabs work like the below example:
Example: 3 tabs loaded in CE (1.mkv, 2.mkv, 3.mkv)
(tab step) In tab management they are listed like:
1.mkv
2.mkv
3.mkv
If I select 2.mkv and 3.mkv and move it onto 1.mkv the new order should become
2.mkv
3.mkv
1.mkv
or
If I instead select 1.mkv and 2.mkv and move it onto 3.mkv from the order in (tab step) the new order should become
3.mkv
1.mkv
2.mkv

What do you think?

2) Right now if you click compare tabs if the tabs is not identical then a green square is in the checkbox. Can this be changed to a red color square or "X"? Would make it easier to see which tabs are not identical.

3) Is there some way to be able to work with the Chapter editor (like Chapter naming tab) while the tab management popup is open? From my testing the new tab features it can be a little bit of hassle to look at tab management, close popup, make changes in chapter editor and apply, reopen tab management and check changes, close popup, make some other changes, reopen tab management...possibly repeating these steps more times.

4) Unrelated to the recent changes but is there an undo option for the chapter editor? If there isn't, is it possible to add undo option (like CTRL+Z)?
Old 16th December 2018, 19:31   #399  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Great work hubble, really nice additions! From testing most of the features they work well (I will test it out more). I like your Difference Codes addition a lot too makes it better for comparing.
Many thanks for testing, nice to read that you like the Difference Code.

Quote:
1) I think moving multiple tabs at a time is little unexpected like you said (because the order changes differently when moving tabs). Is it possible to make moving multiple tabs work like the below example:
Example: 3 tabs loaded in CE (1.mkv, 2.mkv, 3.mkv)
(tab step) In tab management they are listed like:
1.mkv
2.mkv
3.mkv
If I select 2.mkv and 3.mkv and move it onto 1.mkv the new order should become
2.mkv
3.mkv
1.mkv
or
If I instead select 1.mkv and 2.mkv and move it onto 3.mkv from the order in (tab step) the new order should become
3.mkv
1.mkv
2.mkv

What do you think?
You are right, the order of the selected tabs should not changed while moving. I will fix this.

Quote:
2) Right now if you click compare tabs if the tabs is not identical then a green square is in the checkbox. Can this be changed to a red color square or "X"? Would make it easier to see which tabs are not identical.
The icons can be changed of course. For a first fast init, I thought this checkbox-icons are OK.
If you have own icons you want to use, please share with me. Or you can search icons, it exists some web pages.
When I have time I could make new icons with red colors and maybe a kind of progress/percentages.

Quote:
3) Is there some way to be able to work with the Chapter editor (like Chapter naming tab) while the tab management popup is open? From my testing the new tab features it can be a little bit of hassle to look at tab management, close popup, make changes in chapter editor and apply, reopen tab management and check changes, close popup, make some other changes, reopen tab management...possibly repeating these steps more times.
I understand what you mean...
At first, the tab management is on form2(not a panel in form1) and form2 is shown modal(form1 is locked).
I could change it, that form2 is not shown modal and you have access to form1. And I know you want change names/languages/countries only but this brings many problems.
Updating tab management when a first chapter name/language/country is changed. Delete, move and adding tabs.
Change to another editor in cE and so on.
A global cE ShortCut for the tab management is on my TODO list.

Quote:
4) Unrelated to the recent changes but is there an undo option for the chapter editor? If there isn't, is it possible to add undo option (like CTRL+Z)?
Some cE components have a native undo feature which works with CTRL+Z (and also re-undo SHIFT+CTRL+Z).
In Matroska Multi-MKV is an undo feature implemented but I think you don't mean this kind?
Can you please specify a bit more, where and what?

Last edited by hubblec4; 16th December 2018 at 19:56.
Old 17th December 2018, 18:45   #400  |  Link
dissory

Quote:
The icons can be changed of course. For a first fast init, I thought this checkbox-icons are OK.
If you have own icons you want to use, please share with me. Or you can search icons, it exists some web pages.
When I have time I could make new icons with red colors and maybe a kind of progress/percentages.
https://www.iconfinder.com/icons/282...te_remove_icon

I found this icon which I think looks good. Progress/percentages also sounds interesting.

Quote:
I understand what you mean...
At first, the tab management is on form2(not a panel in form1) and form2 is shown modal(form1 is locked).
I could change it, that form2 is not shown modal and you have access to form1. And I know you want change names/languages/countries only but this brings many problems.
Updating tab management when a first chapter name/language/country is changed. Delete, move and adding tabs.
Change to another editor in cE and so on.
A global cE ShortCut for the tab management is on my TODO list.
I see. It would be nice if there was some way to do this even if it's just for chapter naming tab but if there isn't a good way to do this then maybe it's best to leave it as it is.

Quote:
Some cE components have a native undo feature which works with CTRL+Z (and also re-undo SHIFT+CTRL+Z).
In Matroska Multi-MKV is an undo feature implemented but I think you don't mean this kind?
Can you please specify a bit more, where and what?
Mainly thinking about undo/redo option for the Chapter Naming tab. So if I change tab(s) chapter names/language etc. a undo option can be used to change the chapter names/language etc. back to old chapter names/language etc. values and depending on how many times CTRL+Z or undo option is clicked the number of changes will roll back accordingly.

Last edited by dissory; 17th December 2018 at 18:56.

Tags
bluray backup, chapter editor, dvd2mkv, matroska menu, metadata, multi-edition-mkv, xml tag