Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 20th April 2007, 23:19   #1221  |  Link
maja_ldm

???

the nod32 alert says x264 created a virus (there was also another in the non temporary file) and it cancelled the files so 1click process stopped displaying 'error' in the second pass, what has happend?

Log for job job2-3

avis [info]: 576x576 @ 25.00 fps (370654 frames)
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities MMX MMXEXT SSE 3DNow!
x264 [warning]: VBV maxrate specified, but no bufsize.
x264 [error]: ratecontrol_init: can't open stats file
x264 [error]: x264_encoder_open failed

-----------------------------------------------------------
The current job contains errors. Skipping chained jobs

is it better askin in a x264 thread?
Attached Images

Old 21st April 2007, 00:14   #1222  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

it's just nod32 failing someone else had the same issue yonks ago, I think they just added the extension .stats to the NOD32 ignore list.
Old 24th April 2007, 03:11   #1223  |  Link
Tanma

What's the problem of megui with vsfilter/textsub?

The encode finishes, but while playing the video, in some ending karaokes it shows "avisynth: unknown exception" on the top, and the screen turns black.

Now I have encoded other video, and a correct line (timing OK, it's not commented), is just missing from the video.

With Virtuadub I had no errors. In fact, I never had problems using textsub in Virtualdub. The scripts are .ass, made with Aegisub. The VSFilter version is 1.0.1.3.

I'm using Windows XP SP1, Pentium 2.53GHz, 1GB ram.
Old 24th April 2007, 10:34   #1224  |  Link
maja_ldm

thank you to check
Old 24th April 2007, 12:22   #1225  |  Link
DarkNite
Almost Silent Member

@Tanma

I've never had an issue using SSA/ASS subtitles in my AviSynth script and running it through MeGUI (a little typesetting, some proper sign placing, and a few effects here and there makes things a lot more pleasant to look at on a large screen LCD). I've also been using Aegisub since it was first released for public consumption as well.

Could you share any more information? Were any of the lines in your script merged using something other than "Merge(keep first)"? Have you changed the video sizing or line break setup for your script since you first edited it in Aegisub? Etc...
Old 25th April 2007, 13:37   #1226  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

I've killed my mirror for the time being, I just realised it wasn't updating properly by itself. Since nothing has been updated recently it didn't send out old files to clients thankfully.
Old 26th April 2007, 21:09   #1227  |  Link
SacredCultivator

hmmm I am not sure what happened but whenever I do an encode and it is nearing 100% I get this:

And this happens for every script I load into MeGUI, my scripts mainly consist of:
MPEG2Source("Filepath.d2v")
tfm(pp=5,cthresh=3,mode=0).tdecimate()
Crop(4,0,-2,-0)
Spline36Resize(640,480)
Removegrain(2)

So not too sure if anyone knows what might be the problem... thanks.
EDIT:
Log for job job1

xvid_encraw - raw mpeg4 bitstream encoder written by Christoph Lampert 2002-2003

Trying to retrieve width and height from input header
Input colorspace is YV12
xvidcore build version: xvid-1.2.0-dev
Bitstream version: 1.2.-127
Detected CPU flags: ASM MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 3DNOW 3DNOWEXT TSC
Detected 1 cpus, using 1 threads.

Tot: enctime(ms) =1321395.00, length(bytes) = 143152740
Avg: enctime(ms) = 194.92, fps = 5.13, length(bytes) = 21117
I frames: 567 frames, size = 42936/24344822, quants = 3 / 3.00 / 3
P frames: 1495 frames, size = 24345/36396592, quants = 3 / 3.00 / 3
B frames: 2889 frames, size = 9251/26727005, quants = 5 / 5.00 / 5
S frames: 1825 frames, size = 30511/55684321, quants = 3 / 3.00 / 3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The current job contains errors. Skipping chained jobs

EDIT: Nvm.. Find out the reason... It is due to it being a .avi, as .vob scrips work.
Example:
AVIFileSource("D:\Music Videos\Other\Maki Goto - Some Boys Touch.avi")
That is what I have for .AVI's (Made with AVSEdit)

So not too sure what to change it to, to allow me to process the .avi

PS: Also I can't seem to update my MeGUI to the latest CORE version... I update it and restart and well it is the same version again...

Last edited by SacredCultivator; 27th April 2007 at 01:00.
Old 27th April 2007, 02:20   #1228  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

to your updating question, just download the correct core & update.xml from megui.org/auto
Old 27th April 2007, 03:25   #1229  |  Link
SacredCultivator

thanks for the update link.
Old 29th April 2007, 16:21   #1230  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

Hi all, due to the lack of movement in terms of MeGUI's development, I have created an alternate update cache.
http://mewiki.project357.com/auto2/
If you would like to use this cache, make sure you set it as the ONLY source, it will not be synchronised with the official cache. So far, I have just updated some of the external files, but if time allows I hope to begin poking around in MeGUI and starting work on it as well.
The updated files are all the bleeding edge versions I use, if anyone runs into problems with them, please post a problem report here. If you know of a newer version of a file in the cache, please also PM me.

Sharktooth, berrinam, doom9: are any of you still interested in workin on MeGUI? I know ST is probably still moving house and waiting for internets, but berrinam hasn't posted in years or replied to PMs and doom9 is obviously far busier than he used to be.
Old 30th April 2007, 14:46   #1231  |  Link
michaelhill
avc freak

@check

Thanks, i recieved 13 updates. Right now I am making a Anime backup, if i encounter any problems i will let you know
Old 30th April 2007, 14:57   #1232  |  Link
michaelhill
avc freak

I hope, that megui will continue to develop. I have tried staxrip today and had nottin else then errors and warning. Megui has never failed on me (yet) , lets see if it stays working fine with these 13 updates
Old 6th May 2007, 21:45   #1233  |  Link
SacredCultivator

Hmm for some reason... whenever I try to do anything with MeGUI the program just exits... So then when I load a script in it shows the preview and then once I click on 'Enqueue' the program quits...

Dunno what it might be... If the source is .avi which should be used.
AVISource
AVIFileSource
DirectDrawSource
Not sure if that may be causing it...
Old 7th May 2007, 03:18   #1234  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

are you using vista? megui doesn't work properly on vista.
Old 7th May 2007, 03:59   #1235  |  Link
SacredCultivator

Nopes using Win XP SP2... Vista is too bleh right now...

ALso... Not only that problem but when it DOESN'T exit and i do an encode I get the same error message I got in my above post but the file is encoded (And can be played) but that message pops up and even when I quit the program that occurs as well... So I have no idea what may be causing this... When checking the log I always get that same message.

PS: So yeah if using .avi as the source,
Which is the most recommended of the following:
-AVISource
-AVIFileSource
-DirectDrawSource

Last edited by SacredCultivator; 7th May 2007 at 07:31.
Old 8th May 2007, 02:18   #1236  |  Link
homerpez

First post since my waiting period... it's been hell.

Anyway, I wanted to run this by someone, I'm very new to this... currently I'm trying to encode HD-DVD to a smaller h264 (x264?) stream, with 5.1 ac3 audio, and packaging it all into an .mkv. I don't like fumbling with discs...

Following a couple other threads (over 100+ pages worth, ouch) I did finally get some success... I figured out how to resize an hd-dvd stream to 720p, I figured out (finally!) how to convert the 7.1 DD+ stream to 5.1 ac3... and I even stumbled onto MeGUI, which seems to be my best chance to do most of this one one prog.

I have to ask, though... is it normal for a 2-pass x264 stream to take DAYS to encode in MeGUI?

The source being a 2-hour film, resized to 1280x500-some (cropped), avs file into MeGUI. The first pass took roughly 5 hours. The second pass was estimated at 1 DAY, 14 hours.

My machine is a dual core (AMD 4200 64 x2) with 2GB RAM. This seems REALLY long to me. CPU is running with both cores blazing between 50% (when set to priority "low") to near 100% (set to "high").

Is this normal?...

Secondly, and not as important, what kind of bitrate can i get away with on a ~720p re-encode? I'm thinking with 2-pass I can get away with 5000 or maybe even 4000. I did one encode at 8000 CBR (and it only took about 7 hours total), but I think that's overkill on bitrate.

Thanks in advance for help/comments/answers... great forum!

Last edited by homerpez; 8th May 2007 at 02:23.
Old 8th May 2007, 04:06   #1237  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

As to your first question: it depends on the source and the encoder options. If you have a complex avisynth script it will be slower. If you use high x264 settings it will be slower. If you want to speed it up remember saggitaire's mantra: "use of x264 is not obligation to use of high quality settings"! Personally your encoding time is shorter than mine, I generally use options so that mine will run from when I start it in the evening for about 40hrs total.
As to your second question: it depends on the source, and on what quality you find acceptable. You can easily find the answer to these questions if you follow this method:
o trim() out a few thousand frames of your movie, and encode them with x264 --crf (aka constant quality) changing the ratefactor until you find the setting you like that balances quality with filesize (the range you should look at is 18-24 probably).
o remove the trim() and replace with selectrangeevery(600,12). Then encode the video to your target ratefactor from above in constant quality again. The output filesize will be around 1/51th of what it would be had you encoded the full thing.
o Remove the selectrageevery() and use the information collected above to work out a good bitrate.
Old 9th May 2007, 21:54   #1238  |  Link
Tanma

Has vobsub or dvobsub anything related to x264 or megui functionality, that would cause bugs during encode like the one i've specified before?
Old 10th May 2007, 04:47   #1239  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

They are subtitle filters that can be used in avisynth through the textsub() command. If you are using them, make sure you have the latest 2.37 version (the patched copy in the latest CCCP betas fixes a few more bugs).
Old 14th May 2007, 16:58   #1240  |  Link
tecxx

hy, i've changed to the alternate update server and downloaded the updates for the external files, encoding so far worked fine, but when i try to start the mkvmerge tool (i use it for mkv muxing) i get the error:

the application has failed to start because wxbase26u_gcc_custom.dll was not found.

in the mkvmerge directory these dlls are present:
wxbase253u_gcc_custom.dll
wxmsw253u_core_gcc_custom.dll
wxmsw253u_html_gcc_custom.dll

should i install the newest mkvtoolnix package or can anyone fix this via autoupdate?
Closed Thread