Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > (Auto) Gordian Knot

Old 28th June 2003, 03:30   #1  |  Link
Ronstang

Can't get credits to encode separately with GK .28 and Xvid??

I can't get GK .28 using the Xvid codec to encode the credits separately. It always worked fine for me when I was encoding with Divx 5.02 so I am not sure what could be wrong.

I select the start of the credits like usual but when I choose the "save and encode" button the trim funciton in the lower left corner of the next screen is grayed out so I cannot choose "Both (enc credits separately)" as I always have in the past.

The only clue I can find is when I just bypass it and save the avs file and move on to the encoder screen and check the codec settings under credits I notice the frame number for the start of the credits is correct but the frame number for the end of the credits is actually BEFORE the frame number of the start of the credits. Sorry if that reads confusingly......

I really don't know enough to find the problem so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance......BTW I have 2 movies ready to encode as soon as this issue is resolved.....I'm not rushing anyone, but you know
Ronstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2003, 04:06   #2  |  Link
Ronstang

Well, I just installed GK .28.5 and it looks to me like Xvid doesn't even support encoding the credits separately and then appending them automatically like Divx 5.

What is the procedure for doing this then?

Thanks
Old 28th June 2003, 05:51   #3  |  Link
epere4
Doom9 in Spanish Team

That is because DivX does not include an option to set a different config for the credits. So GKnot has to make an extra .avs for the credits and encode them separately.
XviD has this incorporated to itself, so no extra .avs is needed.

Do as you were doing and donīt worry about it, GKnot automatically sends to XviD the frame number where the credits starts and the codec does the rest. When the enconding is finish, you will have your credits enconded as you wanted

Get DVobSub 2.23 and VobSub 2.23 in Spanish
epere4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2003, 05:56   #4  |  Link
Ronstang

Thank You...but I still had to correct the frame # where the credits end (end of file) because it incorrectly picked a frame # that was actually before the start position....very strange.
Old 28th June 2003, 08:57   #5  |  Link
epere4
Doom9 in Spanish Team

Strange indeed, but if I were you I would test if it works anyway and then come back with the conclusions. Donīt know, maybe it works Ok.

Get DVobSub 2.23 and VobSub 2.23 in Spanish
epere4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2003, 04:13   #6  |  Link
Ronstang

Thanks again, everything is fine now. The first movies had strange frame numbers but the second one was fine. I manually ajusted the first one and both movies encoded great with the credits being done correctly also.
Old 30th June 2003, 11:02   #7  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronstang
Thanks again, everything is fine now. The first movies had strange frame numbers but the second one was fine. I manually ajusted the first one and both movies encoded great with the credits being done correctly also.
Be aware, that if you do IVTC then GK automatically ajust frame numbers for credits, so they are not the same as you see on preview window...
len0x is offline   Reply With Quote