Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 15th May 2008, 16:01   #1921  |  Link
djrh

HELP!

I spent a week trying to figure this out, so I am in a desperate need for help. Initially, I was trying to watch h.264 HD satellite channels, but the software I'm using (DVBDream) would not do hardware acceleration with h.264 stream. I have a P4 2.8 and HD2600. It was using 100% CPU. I was under XP and then installed Vista with the same results. After some reading, I found out that the only way to HA is if the program uses EVR (which is not an option in DVBDream)

However, DVBDream has an option to use MPC as external player. What I an trying to do now, is to get DVXA wokring in MPC. If I use PowerDVD 8, I get 4-5% CPU usage on 1080p movie trailer. The same file gives me 100% in MPC HC. I chose EVR in the options, then I tried both with internal codec and cyberlink h.264, and the result was the same - 100% CPU.

PLEASE HELP
Old 15th May 2008, 16:46   #1922  |  Link
djrh

According to the 1st post:
"Video decoder should be connected directly to the renderer. This means that no intermediate filters such as DirectVobSub or ffdshow can be inserted between decoder and video renderer."

How do I make sure that there are no other filters between codec and VR ???
Old 15th May 2008, 16:51   #1923  |  Link
racerxnet

Don't like to bump for answers, and trying to be patient, but does anyone have an answer to my question regarding menu selection (or lack of) when using EVR in XP?

MPC with EVR selected
ATI 3850
SD-DVD
Old 15th May 2008, 18:07   #1924  |  Link
ACrowley

Mhhh..

Strange...i use x264 patched Builds from techouse..

When i encode with unrestricetd Level i get 100% DXVA with mplayerc HC latest Build and or standalone .ax !! How can it be ?

But with all my older unrestricted encodes i get no DXVA with mplayerc HC ?

Techouse x264 r845
Applied patches (current versions):

x264_2pass_vbv.7.diff

x264_fix_win_stdin.diff

x264_FGO.diff (fixed by Dark Shikari & techouse)

x264.gaussian.cplxblur.01.diff

x264_hrd_pulldown.04_interlace.diff

x264_me-prepass_DeathTheSheep.diff

--pass 2 --bitrate 10670 --stats "D:\t.stats" --ref 5 --mixed-refs --no-fast-pskip --bframes 16 --b-pyramid --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct auto --filter -3,-3 --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions all --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "D:\t.mp4"

How can it be ? Decoder is 100% sure in DXVA mode !

Last edited by ACrowley; 15th May 2008 at 18:14.
Old 15th May 2008, 21:12   #1925  |  Link
wozio

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
I' never been able to get *any* renderer (except maybe Overlay, not sure) to work without tearing on the secondary DVI port of my ATI 3850. The only thing that helps for me is the Direct3D Fullscreen mode. I'm very unhappy about this cause I'd really love to use the Haali Renderer...
Maybe this is the answer. Try switch your displays in CCC to this tearing display be defined as primary and check then if tearing is gone. If it will be gone then it is a matter of dual display driver architecture and you will never get rid of tearing on second display in windowed mode.

And maybe no one else get this problem because dual display setup is rare.

Regards
Piotr
Old 15th May 2008, 21:48   #1926  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrh View Post
However, DVBDream has an option to use MPC as external player. What I an trying to do now, is to get DVXA wokring in MPC. If I use PowerDVD 8, I get 4-5% CPU usage on 1080p movie trailer. The same file gives me 100% in MPC HC. I chose EVR in the options, then I tried both with internal codec and cyberlink h.264, and the result was the same - 100% CPU.

PLEASE HELP
DVBDream can use MPC as an external player, but it cannot use PowerDVD as an external player ??

PS Internal decoder not "internal codec"

Last edited by ADude; 15th May 2008 at 21:50.
Old 15th May 2008, 22:38   #1927  |  Link
crlorentzen
Audio Video Enthusiast

Update Detours, Please

Can anyone commit the latest detours to the mplayerc source trees? I cannot use mplayerc with CSA (Cisco Security Agent) due to the old version of detours used to compile mplayerc, it looks like it is still 1.5 which was the original used by Guliverkli.

Problem documented here on the original bug tracker.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?fun...l&atid=565650&
aid=1773782&group_id=82303

I have been trying to do it myself but cannot seem to get streams.h to be recognized by VS 2005 even though it is in the project, and unfortunately my programming skill is what you might call amateurish.

Thanks,
Craig
Old 15th May 2008, 22:46   #1928  |  Link
Rectal Prolapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtemp View Post
what about this bug?
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...61&atid=854651
for me subtitles working only with vmr7
version MPC-HC v1.0.11.0 is ok, but next releases are bugged
actually i use VSFilter.dll added as external filter for fix this problem

where can i find language files for mpc-hc?

and sorry for my english
I can confirm this bug - framerate reported to the subtitle filter is always 25 fps even if the video framerate is 23.976.

At least, that is what the debugging info tells me while I work on adding Blu-ray subtitle support to MPC-HC.
Old 15th May 2008, 23:26   #1929  |  Link
clsid

EVR custom presenter + 2D surfaces gives me a black screen. Video is OK when using 3D surfaces.

This is on XP SP3 btw.
Old 15th May 2008, 23:35   #1930  |  Link
sheppaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
EVR custom presenter + 2D surfaces gives me a black screen. Video is OK when using 3D surfaces.

This is on XP SP3 btw.
Confirmed. I'm using sp3 too.
Old 16th May 2008, 04:23   #1931  |  Link
thuan

That has been there like forever, EVR custom only works in 3D mode on Vista RTM/SP1 or XP SP2/SP3.
Old 16th May 2008, 04:57   #1932  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

Quote:
Thank you, that makes a lot of sense to me. But I'm still wondering: Why do I have tearing with the HR while most other people here seemingly don't?
I'm currently using a Sapphire 3870 and I have tearing on my second monitor (projector) and this has been happening over the course of several graphics cards and mother boards in all combinations. The only renderer that doesn't tear is overlay. HR tears for me but not as bad as VMR9 for example.
Old 16th May 2008, 07:31   #1933  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint-francis View Post
I'm currently using a Sapphire 3870 and I have tearing on my second monitor (projector) and this has been happening over the course of several graphics cards and mother boards in all combinations. The only renderer that doesn't tear is overlay. HR tears for me but not as bad as VMR9 for example.
Thanks. So I'm not stupid, glad about that...

Have you tried making the secondary monitor primary? Does that fix the problem for you? Haven't tried it myself yet... I guess you're using Direct3D Fullscreen for your projector, too, to get rid of the tearing?
Old 16th May 2008, 08:03   #1934  |  Link
ACrowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint-francis View Post
same Problme here on my HD3870 (CrossfireX)!

Most Tearing with EVR...

On the 2nd DVI Port hangs a 32" 1360x768 LCD via VGA-DVI ( 1:1 PM only via VGA possible). No Tearing so far

Only on the 1st DVI with Samsung 22" T220
Old 16th May 2008, 09:26   #1935  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

oops, of course you wanna disable the primary output when you use the secondary to watch movies
Old 16th May 2008, 10:39   #1936  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
oops, of course you wanna disable the primary output when you use the secondary to watch movies
Exactly why would you do something like that? Just turn off the display if it distracts you, not the output...
Old 16th May 2008, 11:10   #1937  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

let's see.....to avoid tearing ?

if some component of the player/renderer takes his timings from the primary output, then you have a problem.

I've got my HC3100 projector connected to the secondary, and a CRT to the primary.

I never have both enabled simultaneously, and I've never encountered tearing whatsoever.

worth a shot anyhow
Old 16th May 2008, 11:21   #1938  |  Link
Miryan

Quote:
Thank you, that makes a lot of sense to me. But I'm still wondering: Why do I have tearing with the HR while most other people here seemingly don't?
I also have tearing issues with HR, but with EVR, everything is fine.
Old 16th May 2008, 13:10   #1939  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuan View Post
That has been there like forever, EVR custom only works in 3D mode on Vista RTM/SP1 or XP SP2/SP3.
If that is true, then MPC should be updated to automatically use 3D surfaces when EVR is selected, even when 2D surfaces is selected in the options.
Old 16th May 2008, 14:29   #1940  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

Quote:
Have you tried making the secondary monitor primary? Does that fix the problem for you? Haven't tried it myself yet...
No I haven't and it might work. But I don't think that messing around like that should be necessary. There are two ways to make the secondary monitor primary and I'm not comfortable with either of them. The safest is to plug it into the primary DVI port on my graphics card and this simply won't do because I would need to turn on my projector every time I wanted to access the BIOS, = PITA. Second I could set it as primary through CCC, which might be reasonable, but in the past has caused other issues for me with the other monitor not displaying my screen after a reboot. I use clone view because I not only watch movies on the second screen but I also browse the internet, write papers and do other computer related things. So I'm not sure making the second monitor primary through software would make much of a difference.

Quote:
I guess you're using Direct3D Fullscreen for your projector, too, to get rid of the tearing?
No. I just use overlay. I don't even know what you are talking about. I'm assuming this is a setting in CCC? I'll check when I get home from work in an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
How so and why should I need to go through something like that every time I want to use my projector?
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc