Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 13th December 2003, 20:54   #1  |  Link
subferno

playback problems in IFOEDIT...caused by Recode 2?

I ripped "Spirited Away" onto my harddrive long before I installed Recode 2. Now, I have trouble playing the files in IfoEdit. The video would start flickering. There would be this black solid line across the video. The video is also jerky and then causes IfoEdit to crash. I know the file is good because I watched the files before. The movie plays fine in both PowerDVD and Recode 2 preview window.

Also, if I do a clean boot and then play the video in Ifoedit immediately then it works just fine. If I close it out and play it again then there would be problems.

I dont have any hacked codecs. My drivers are up to date and I havent change any setting settings.
subferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2003, 22:21   #2  |  Link
subferno

OK, I just uninstalled Recode 2 and IfoEdit works just fine now. I will try and reinstall Recode 2 if causes the problem again.

Can anybody confirm this problem?

edit-I reinstalled Recode 2 and the problem came back. Anybody know how I could fix this? Do I have to install AnyDVD or DVDGenie or something? I ripped the movie with DVDDecryptor so there shouldnt be any problems.

Thanks

Last edited by subferno; 13th December 2003 at 23:20.
subferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2003, 12:21   #3  |  Link
DVDRFreak

Quote:
Originally posted by subferno
OK, I just uninstalled Recode 2 and IfoEdit works just fine now. I will try and reinstall Recode 2 if causes the problem again.

Can anybody confirm this problem?

edit-I reinstalled Recode 2 and the problem came back. Anybody know how I could fix this? Do I have to install AnyDVD or DVDGenie or something? I ripped the movie with DVDDecryptor so there shouldnt be any problems.

Thanks
Can't confirm. IfoEdit just plays fine. Maybe it is because I installed the Recode 2 version that was release on the 13th of december. It has an updated exe.
DVDRFreak is offline   Reply With Quote