Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 17th August 2011, 18:47   #4101  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuswara View Post
Hi.

it is a way (regardless of the file type or source files) to get the delay (ms) for tsmuxergui or only through a lot attemps? thanks.
this calculation des not work:
totalframes - fps = length (seconds)
video lenght - audio lenght = delay for tsmuxer. no.

may be a formula? I guess this formula does not exist
IF you were dealing with "100%-sure" constant-framerate video and constant-frame-duration audio, then quite probably your formula should work. BUT, considering your source-files are raw VC-1 streams and containerless .WMAs , and quite probably they were created (before being demuxed by someone else) through evil tools like Windows Movie Maker or Windows Media Encoder, I'm afraid there will be no easy recipe for solving your current problem.

Last edited by Midzuki; 17th August 2011 at 18:50.
Midzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 19:45   #4102  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
And a utility/tool of some sort? Or do you just use a Hex Editor? I've googled "presentation time stamp" and it's unclear to me how these are identified.
I could write one easy enough -- but TSMUXER already does it. Just open up an M2TS, click on the audio stream, and it will tell you the delay. Of course in most cases it is 0 ms.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th August 2011 at 19:48.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 07:08   #4103  |  Link
tedybear

why are all downloads dead?
tedybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 07:53   #4104  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedybear View Post
why are all downloads dead?
Because all of their builds are belong to Baldrick

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/tsMux...sions#download
Midzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 14:16   #4105  |  Link
JoeH

Hmmm... so with the original links dead is this now officially abandonware, or is there still hope for future developments?
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 14:49   #4106  |  Link
idbirch2

What is it you want it to do that it doesn't already? Taking into account the name of the program is TSMuxer.
idbirch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 05:15   #4107  |  Link
coolalibaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2 View Post
What is it you want it to do that it doesn't already? Taking into account the name of the program is TSMuxer.
simply these are what I wanted but it don't have:
1. the settings can be saved
2. be compatible with mkv generated by newer version of mkvtoonix.
coolalibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 14:42   #4108  |  Link
Chumbo

Ability to add TrueHD elementary audio tracks would be nice too.
Old 9th October 2011, 14:41   #4109  |  Link
JoeH

Like coolalibala, I also want the ability to save my settings, or create "profiles" of settings. For example, there are two basic profiles I use for subtitles, neither of which correspond to the default settings.

Either way, the question of whether TSMuxer is now abandonware is a valid one. Even great programs begin to give problems over time (as technologies evolve) if they are not updated.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 23:50   #4110  |  Link
brakeb

Question: I'm ripping Harry Potter 7 Part 1 blu-ray. I added the 00200.mpls file to tsmuxer, and about 60 files get added to the queue. I attempt to demux just the video, and I get an "tsmuxer finished with an error code of -2"

I think that it might be the filename is too long. Why does tsmuxer put such long, and confusing filenames? is there a way for me to make my own filename through the GUI? The only thing I can think of doing now is to use some kind of 'cat' to combine the filenames, but I can't do that easily...

any ideas...?

Last edited by brakeb; 13th October 2011 at 01:17. Reason: upped file amount from 40 to 60...
brakeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 01:32   #4111  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakeb View Post
Question: I'm ripping Harry Potter 7 Part 1 blu-ray. I added the 00200.mpls file to tsmuxer, and about 60 files get added to the queue. I attempt to demux just the video, and I get an "tsmuxer finished with an error code of -2"

I think that it might be the filename is too long. Why does tsmuxer put such long, and confusing filenames? is there a way for me to make my own filename through the GUI? The only thing I can think of doing now is to use some kind of 'cat' to combine the filenames, but I can't do that easily...

any ideas...?
I've had that problem before. There's a workaround. Just mux to TS, M2TS, Blu-Ray or AVCHD format (instead of demuxing), and then demux from there. It'll result in a single file for each stream you select that way.

Last edited by jdobbs; 13th October 2011 at 01:36.
Old 13th October 2011, 01:43   #4112  |  Link
brakeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I've had that problem before. There's a workaround. Just mux to TS, M2TS, Blu-Ray or AVCHD format (instead of demuxing), and then demux from there. It'll result in a single file for each stream you select that way.
I will give that a try... the only other thing I see is that the timestamps are off on the mpls file...

example:

++ G:\BDMV\STREAM\00088.m2ts (00:01:12.489)
++ G:\BDMV\STREAM\00011.m2ts (00:01:54.405)
++ G:\BDMV\STREAM\00089.m2ts (00:10:52.067)
++ G:\BDMV\STREAM\00119.m2ts (00:00:40.372)
++ G:\BDMV\STREAM\00018.m2ts (00:01:10.153)
etc...

I had BDinfo look at everything, and it's the longest group of files by 20 minutes at least... but will everything still work with all the timestamps hosed up like that?
Old 13th October 2011, 01:56   #4113  |  Link
brakeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Which one is the best? Should I just mux video only?

I did the AVCHD, and it appears to be working, with no issues so far... thanks for the assist.

It sucks that I had to use windows to get this done... I've been trying for the longest time to mux blu-ray video in *unix (openbsd specifically)...

But with the help of AnyDVDHD, tsmuxer, BDSup2Sub, and Mkvmerge, I've been able to do several blu-rays (Lion King, Avatar, Wall-E...

Tsmuxer is awesome!
Old 13th October 2011, 02:02   #4114  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I had BDinfo look at everything, and it's the longest group of files by 20 minutes at least... but will everything still work with all the timestamps hosed up like that?
I've never had a problem doing it this way -- and I've done some pretty large ones.
Quote:
Which one is the best? Should I just mux video only?

I did the AVCHD, and it appears to be working, with no issues so far... thanks for the assist.

It sucks that I had to use windows to get this done... I've been trying for the longest time to mux blu-ray video in *unix (openbsd specifically)...

But with the help of AnyDVDHD, tsmuxer, BDSup2Sub, and Mkvmerge, I've been able to do several blu-rays (Lion King, Avatar, Wall-E...

Tsmuxer is awesome!
I don't think it will make a difference whether you do video-only or any combination of streams.

AVCHD should be fine, it just creates some accompanying files/folders that you might just throw away.

Last edited by jdobbs; 13th October 2011 at 02:08.
Old 13th October 2011, 03:27   #4115  |  Link
brakeb

Thanks for your help... I must have spent 4 hours today trying to solve this issue...
Old 13th October 2011, 05:10   #4116  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Thanks for your help... I must have spent 4 hours today trying to solve this issue...
So I assume it all worked out. Great.
Old 14th October 2011, 00:11   #4117  |  Link
brakeb

not really... I muxed harry potter 7 p1, into one file (1080p, 720p, DTS, and 2 PGS) and the file is only 27 GB. When I got done, the 1080p video was around 12-15 GB, the 720p was 800MB, and when I tried playing either one (without sound) in VLC, the screen was black... this is the first time this has occurred in any of the blu-rays I've ripped. All the others showed something before they stopped playing (slow processor). The weird thing was, the audio I ripped (DTS) I played it in VLC, and there was an introduction by Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy) talking about the "Mega Movie Experience"... since that wasn't the right audio (it was the only one available for selection) I am attempting to mux, demux the second largest m2ts file and see if that is any different...
Old 14th October 2011, 08:15   #4118  |  Link
chompy

Quote:
not really... I muxed harry potter 7 p1, into one file (1080p, 720p, DTS, and 2 PGS) and the file is only 27 GB. When I got done, the 1080p video was around 12-15 GB, the 720p was 800MB, and when I tried playing either one (without sound) in VLC, the screen was black... this is the first time this has occurred in any of the blu-rays I've ripped. All the others showed something before they stopped playing (slow processor). The weird thing was, the audio I ripped (DTS) I played it in VLC, and there was an introduction by Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy) talking about the "Mega Movie Experience"... since that wasn't the right audio (it was the only one available for selection) I am attempting to mux, demux the second largest m2ts file and see if that is any different...
My advice: forget tsMuxeR for demuxing purposes and use eac3to instead.

Greetings
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2011, 14:09   #4119  |  Link
madhatter300871

I agree. I use eac3to and it just works.

On a side note, I demux everything I want, re-encode to x264 and then remux into mkv. I get fantastic quality video that I genuinely cannot distinguish from the original. I only watch my backups now and keep my blu-rays safe and untouched. Sad isn't it !!
madhatter300871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2011, 14:36   #4120  |  Link
brakeb

So another program that yanks video/audio/PGS? This is getting ridiculous...

so, this 'eac3to' is teh new hotness? I'll give it a try when I get home.

Thanks...

Tags
tsmuxer