Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 22nd June 2006, 06:48   #561  |  Link
devaster
Duke is my hero

and by analyzing for deinterlace algorithm ?
Old 22nd June 2006, 07:21   #562  |  Link
berrinam

The analysis is done in AviSynth -- MeGUI just interprets the results, which takes only a few seconds.
Old 23rd June 2006, 10:27   #563  |  Link
devaster
Duke is my hero

aha... then it would be nice reimplement avisynth filters for GPUs
Old 24th June 2006, 21:45   #564  |  Link
markrb
Old fart

I would like to request a feature please.

Could you make the Muxer page not close after hitting que, like the D2V and AVS sections work?
I often have several videos to mux at once and now I have to reopen the muxer each time. Not so hard on my end, but the way the d2v creator works is nice for my situation.

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited by markrb; 25th June 2006 at 07:43.
Old 29th June 2006, 18:01   #565  |  Link
Morte66
Flying Skull

In the settings, there's an "Autostart Queue" option. If I enable this, then do an Auto Encode which adds three linked jobs (audio, video, mux), only the first of them runs automatically and the "Start" button on the job queue stays the same.

I would like to request that enabling this option should effectively press the "Start button", so that all waiting jobs run to completion (assuming they're valid etc) once they're added to the queue.

I'm on v0.2.3.2177.
Old 29th June 2006, 23:26   #566  |  Link
berrinam

@Morte66: It should behave almost exactly as you said (ie as if you pressed the 'start' button), which means the current behaviour is a bug.
Old 1st July 2006, 13:19   #567  |  Link
rufus007

Please could you add aspect ration error indicator in Avisynth script creator (between AR after cropping and AR of resolution for resizing)?
It is usefull for manual "fine tune" of automatic cropping, automatic resolution and of course for informational purpose.
For example:
Choosen resolution for resizing: 512x304
AR after croping: 1,6825
AR of resize resolution: 1,6842
AR error: 0,1%

Thanx
Old 2nd July 2006, 00:26   #568  |  Link
wiak

a option to make the program longer like
so we dont need to use the scroll to find the fps info
Old 2nd July 2006, 01:05   #569  |  Link
berrinam

Supporting window resizing is difficult....
Old 2nd July 2006, 10:28   #570  |  Link
wiak

MeGUI - AviSynth script creator is not using mod16 as when i try to encode then i get a warning that the script made from MeGUI - AviSynth script creator is not mod16!

this message i get when i dont select resize

Last edited by wiak; 2nd July 2006 at 10:40.
Old 2nd July 2006, 10:43   #571  |  Link
wiak

i have another future request
what about automatic remember settings last used?
Old 2nd July 2006, 10:54   #572  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiak
MeGUI - AviSynth script creator is not using mod16 as when i try to encode then i get a warning that the script made from MeGUI - AviSynth script creator is not mod16!

this message i get when i dont select resize
Not much we can do about that.... if you crop and don't resize, then you're bound to get non-mod16 resolution. Try just using Clever(TM) encoding with Overcrop to mod16. It should give you the same result, but with AR signalling (which is never a bad thing).
Old 2nd July 2006, 11:13   #573  |  Link
wiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrinam
Not much we can do about that.... if you crop and don't resize, then you're bound to get non-mod16 resolution. Try just using Clever(TM) encoding with Overcrop to mod16. It should give you the same result, but with AR signalling (which is never a bad thing).
oh well
btw i made this for you guys to add future request to
http://www.project357.com/MeGUIwiki/...uture_Requests
people should allways check there so they dont need to go thru all the pages here
Old 2nd July 2006, 11:27   #574  |  Link
wiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morte66
In the settings, there's an "Autostart Queue" option. If I enable this, then do an Auto Encode which adds three linked jobs (audio, video, mux), only the first of them runs automatically and the "Start" button on the job queue stays the same.

I would like to request that enabling this option should effectively press the "Start button", so that all waiting jobs run to completion (assuming they're valid etc) once they're added to the queue.

I'm on v0.2.3.2177.
yes this is a bug if am not right
all the queued jobs should run
Old 2nd July 2006, 14:06   #575  |  Link
berrinam

While putting things on the wiki is a good way to keep a log, I still like the discussion ability here. Basically:
Quote:
* What about automatic remember settings last used? wiak
Which settings, specifically? Most settings are already remembered.
Quote:
Option to use DeGrainMedian and fft3dgpu for denoising in MeGUI - AviSynth Script Creator wiak
That's a good suggestions.
Quote:
Option to remember user about BitRate Calculator before encoding! wiak
You're going to have a hard time arguing that case -- it would be a clumsy mechanism which simply irritates most people, and it really isn't our responsibility (as devs) to force the user to calculate bitrate. Many users use crf in x264, anyway.
Quote:
Option to save the log with the finished encode file? wiak
Yeah..... perhaps.
Old 2nd July 2006, 14:34   #576  |  Link
wiak

Quote:
You're going to have a hard time arguing that case -- it would be a clumsy mechanism which simply irritates most people, and it really isn't our responsibility (as devs) to force the user to calculate bitrate. Many users use crf in x264, anyway.
Yeah..... perhaps.
i mean a enable/disable option in settings

Quote:
Which settings, specifically? Most settings are already remembered.
Container is not remembered, resize filter in avisynth script creator is not remembered, and so on
Old 2nd July 2006, 17:37   #577  |  Link
Morte66
Flying Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiak
Container is not remembered, resize filter in avisynth script creator is not remembered, and so on
It would sure be nice if MeGUI remembered that I prefer MKV to MP4 in the AutoEncode popoup. Not exactly vital, or even a great time-saver, but... nice.
Old 2nd July 2006, 22:55   #578  |  Link
berrinam

Resize filter is remembered using profiles. Can you put details of all the rest on the wiki, please?

As to reminding you to do Bitrate Calculation, my first impression is still *ugh*: it's a kludgy reminder to do, that I don't think will be especially useful..... especially considering that the AutoEncode mode should always supersede the Bitrate Calculator (tell me when it doesn't).
Old 3rd July 2006, 06:47   #579  |  Link
wiak

Quote:
Resize filter is remembered using profiles. Can you put details of all the rest on the wiki, please?

As to reminding you to do Bitrate Calculation, my first impression is still *ugh*: it's a kludgy reminder to do, that I don't think will be especially useful..... especially considering that the AutoEncode mode should always supersede the Bitrate Calculator (tell me when it doesn't).
i mean a on/off option in settings so people can enable it if they want to
Old 3rd July 2006, 09:33   #580  |  Link
berrinam

Ok, people can go through the settings if they want, but if we are going to assume that they can't remember to adjust their bitrate, then how can we assume they will realize they should look in the settings? Experience shows that we can't expect users to look in the settings. I know I'm being pedantic there, but here's the real point:
  1. No-one else has brought this up before, which (to me) means it's not a very serious problem. I don't see the point in implementing a feature which is only slightly useful to one person, especially if it will be annoying to other people. You've argued that it won't, but even though there are many similar options around MeGUI, experience shows very clearly that many people don't find them.
  2. I have never used the Bitrate Calculator except for testing (as in, testing MeGUI). I have always found that the AutoEncoder integrates the Bitrate Calculator much more nicely.
  3. The only time which I think is appropriate to show this message is when you press the queue button. But I don't like that -- when I press queue, I expect it to queue the job, and I don't want anything getting in the way of that. There are bound to be some other problems as well, but I can't think of any direct situations off-hand
I've given a few reasons why I don't want to do this feature. I may yet change my mind, but your job is to persuade me (saying that it could perhaps be turned on/off in the settings is not enough incentive for me to spend my time writing what I see as a pointless non-feature).

Tell me, specifically, in what situation you can't use the AutoEncode tool instead of the bitrate calculator, and explain how having your reminder will help. Then, I will consider it.
Closed Thread