Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 22nd March 2002, 17:13   #1  |  Link
Amit

Need Matrix for 4 CD burn?

Can someone help me with the settings under BITRATE tab? I need to burn 4 CDs for a movie all 80Min. CDs. What should be the matix? I mean what time range should I supply to DVD2SVCD 1.0.7 b4?

Thanks
-Amit
Amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2002, 19:10   #2  |  Link
orbit-r

hi
how long is the movie?

gruss orbit-r
Old 22nd March 2002, 22:11   #3  |  Link
Bob01605

Blanking out my post

I misunderstood his post and posted something irrelevant to his question in my original post - Sorry

Bob

Last edited by Bob01605; 22nd March 2002 at 22:16.
Bob01605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2002, 04:10   #4  |  Link
ev

Hi Amit.
Unless I've missunderstood your question, all you have to do is pick the length range that your movie fits into and selct 4 CD's and 800MB.
Keep in mind that all fields in the bitrate tab can be edited. the default settings are just a guide.

Last edited by ev; 24th March 2002 at 04:13.
ev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2002, 00:00   #5  |  Link
Amit

I'm confused. Could you tell me for a movie of length 160 ~ 180 minutes, what should be in those boxes so that I end up with a BITRATE with spec. limits and also get 4 CDs where each CD can store upto 800MB.

When I try to change any settings, I usually get very high BITRATE, higher than 2600!!

Thanks
-Amit
Amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2002, 01:59   #6  |  Link
markrb
Old fart

Well you will get a high bitrate at that length and that number of cd's. I just checked and a 160 minute movie on 4 cd's will give you an average of around 2490.
Why don't you just go to the section that say 163 and 9999 and change the number of cd's to 4 and 800? The bitrate will change depending on your audio bitrate. I checked using 224 if you use 192 audio then more video will fit and thus you get a higher bitrate possible.
The numbers on the bottom are limitors. Your AVG bitrate setting will never be set higher(but can be lower) then the Max AVG even if it is possible to for that many cd's. The MAX is was the MAX setting will be and the Min is what the Min setting will be.

The bitrate tab has been explained many times in the past. If you need more info try doing a search or reading the Q + A.

Mark