Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 9th January 2012, 21:08   #1  |  Link
Hase99

Scenarist - Trouble with fade In-Out-Effects

I hope you understand my English, I`m German..

Im using Scenarist 5.2 on Windows 7, 64bit.
I understand the workflow of producing menue fade-In and Outs.
My problem is the trouble about the color palettes.
When I drag the whole PNG in the composition_object #1 , the color of the whole picture is “confused and ugly”. So I have to manually change it (the Pxml-Palette , that I would export out Scenarist Designer isn`t the solution of my problem, but when I go into the Palette and load the PNG itself as a palette , the colors of the picture are O.K.)
The same problems I have with the Effects “fading pictures” Scenarist is producing.
The pictures / the color palettes aren`t really clean. Their fading is O.K., but the colors are really ugly.
It`s really weird.
Do you know about these problems?
Hase99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 09:36   #2  |  Link
mp3dom

In the composition object you have also to specify the palette you want to use. Basically you create a new palette, load the pxml to assign the right colors to the palette and then drag the PNG into the composition_object choosing the previous palette as the default for your effect. This as a 'general' rule. For fades I think it's better to use the wizard inside Scenarist (that take the palette into account). Another way, for other more complex effects, is to do it inside After Effects (exporting a PNG sequence and using Scenarist Designer to lately import into Scenarist) and made the effect as a button page. This has the advantage to separate the effect from the page so you can come back to your page without showing the effect.
mp3dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 14:19   #3  |  Link
Hase99

Hi,
I`m also trying it with AE.
It depends of the project which way I wanna gonna, but I`m so ambitious to get the whole (well not at all) overview of the programm.

It works now, it was the order of importing palettes and the PNG-File...
The colors are O.K. now.
There is still a problem with the color palettes in the finished menue.
The first (Null-) Palette and the last palette is correct in the IG Effect Editor
But I can see in the little preview pictures , that the Palettes between those ones are in an reversed order.
So when I mux it and watch the BD, the menue is invisible, then it`s fading out (!) and the Menue in visible at the end.
Hey, I want an correct In-Effect!
So I must manually change the palette in the correct order, thanr the result is O.K.
So much handwork...

Thanx for your answer!!!
Hase99 is offline   Reply With Quote