Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 29th October 2009, 14:07   #10281  |  Link
mariner

Greetings Casimir. Thanks for the kind reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post
I have answer for other questions....
??? Sorry, but I can't seem to locate your earlier reply.

Anyway, regarding Arcsoft VC1 Decoder connectivity problem, it was noted that earlier versions of the decoder only supported media type {629B40AD-AD74-4EF4-A985-F0C8D92E5ECA} and hence could not connect to MPC's internal source filter. Now that support for media type {31435657-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71} has been added to the new version 160 decoder, and yet the problem persists. Is this something difficult to fix?

I find this problem a little perplexing because the two connects well in Graphedit and other DS applications.

Many thanks and best regards.
Old 29th October 2009, 14:22   #10282  |  Link
mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazil2 View Post
You're right, they did it:

Code:
StringFileInfo
Comments.http://gabest.org/
CompanyName..Gabest
FileDescription..Matroska Splitter
FileVersion..1.0.0.4
InternalName.Matroska Splitter
LegalCopyright.Copyright (C) 2003-2006 Gabest
OriginalFilename.MatroskaSplitter.ax
ProductName..Matroska Splitter.4..ProductVersion.1.0.0.4
Greetings Brazil.

Thanks for this amazing piece of info.

The culprit is AsMatroskaSplitter.ax, which is registered during TMT's installation. It has to be unregistered if one needs to use MPC's internal matroska splitter.

There is actually a second second mkv splitter included, called MatroskaSplitter.ax. This has a a different clsid . Someone messed up, so it seems.

Best regards.
Old 29th October 2009, 15:28   #10283  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner View Post
Greetings Casimir. Thanks for the kind reply.

??? Sorry, but I can't seem to locate your earlier reply.

Anyway, regarding Arcsoft VC1 Decoder connectivity problem, it was noted that earlier versions of the decoder only supported media type {629B40AD-AD74-4EF4-A985-F0C8D92E5ECA} and hence could not connect to MPC's internal source filter. Now that support for media type {31435657-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71} has been added to the new version 160 decoder, and yet the problem persists. Is this something difficult to fix?

I find this problem a little perplexing because the two connects well in Graphedit and other DS applications.

Many thanks and best regards.
Oups sorry mistype my message : I have no answers to your other questions.
Old 29th October 2009, 16:29   #10284  |  Link
komisar

Quote:
Originally Posted by avivahl View Post
@komisar: after checking some of the sources of mingwex online, I found the following file:
http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi...up&cvsroot=src
It is included and used from mbrtowc.c and wcrtomb.c.
The question is: where is __lc_codepage implemented?
try -lmsvcrt while linking...
Old 29th October 2009, 16:37   #10285  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

important changes!

Hello everyone.

We have made some changes to our webpage on sourceforge.

The tracker, changelog and WIKI have been moved to TRAC

Tracker: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/report (tickets have to be moved manually unfortunately)
Changelog: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/timeline
WIKI: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/wiki (formatting of the old pages is broken and still needs to be fixed)

The forum and maillinglist have been removed too.
We have replaced the forum with PHPBB: http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/mpc-hc/index.php

I would like to ask everyone that had anything on the old forum or tracker that is still unresolved to add those to the new forum or tracker(whichever is more appropriate)

We have also updated (read greatly simplified) the troubleshooting and bug reporting guidelines (unfortunately formatting is broken)

You can read them here: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc...ing_guidelines

Last edited by tetsuo55; 29th October 2009 at 16:39.
Old 29th October 2009, 17:24   #10286  |  Link
avivahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by komisar View Post
try -lmsvcrt while linking...
It gave me many other linker errors stating "already defined" on many crt functions. I think the crt is already linked automatically (due to the /MT compilation flag). Anyway, I think that function is not exported any longer in the new CRT. It was undocumented, so they might have removed it in VS2010.

EDIT: I am now checking the CRT source that comes w/ vs. Will report more later.

EDIT2: Alright. I have to admit that I'm not much of a pro in these stuff (exported stuff, shared dlls), but I think microsoft changed the constant UNIT to a function that returns an INT. Does that make sense?
Quote:
_CRTIMP UINT __cdecl ___lc_codepage_func(void);
(that's from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\crt\src\setlocal.h)

Last edited by avivahl; 29th October 2009 at 17:54.
Old 30th October 2009, 17:50   #10287  |  Link
Martin H

Bug/Feature request:

Vsfilter is blocked if 'Auto-load subtitles' is enabled, but only if it's registered to the system, and not if used directly in MPC-HC through: 'External filters > Add filter > Browse'.

Also, 'Auto-load subtitles' only gets unticked upon startup, if Vsfilter is registered, and not if used directly in MPC-HC.

Thanks in advance!
Old 30th October 2009, 22:48   #10288  |  Link
Gleb Egorych

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Good to see beliyaal back,

but the change to TryLock instead of CCritSec does not work for me. Now i got tearing, before i had none with my config:

WIN 7, EVR CP, VSYNC On, Alternate Vsync On, Desktop compositon disabled, everything else off, DXVA, Radeon 2600 Pro AGP, Catalyst 9.5.

Trylock does not seem neccessary and locks the device for too long. Pre 1312 versions work perfectly!

thanks,

Casshern

P.S.: If trylock fixes something for somebody else, maybe it should be made optional
Build 1312 cause problems for me too. I have stuttering, in Vista only at that.

Played H.264/AAC/MP4/29.97fps file on Vista x64/EVR-CP/optimal renderer settings/8800GT/FW191.07/ReClock. It's OK with rev1296. EVR-CP in WinXP is fine using both revisions.
Old 31st October 2009, 02:29   #10289  |  Link
betaking
Fantasy Codecs writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Bug/Feature request:

Vsfilter is blocked if 'Auto-load subtitles' is enabled, but only if it's registered to the system, and not if used directly in MPC-HC through: 'External filters > Add filter > Browse'.

Also, 'Auto-load subtitles' only gets unticked upon startup, if Vsfilter is registered, and not if used directly in MPC-HC.

Thanks in advance!
if you use windows7 directly in MPC-HC through: 'External filters > Add filter > Browse' very useful!

Q: Subtitles are not displayed in Media Player Classic on Windows 7
A: Two solutions:

Make DirectVobSub a preferred filter:
MPC Options -> External Filter -> click "Add Filter..." -> select "DirectVobSub (auto-loading version)" and click OK -> choose "Prefer"
Enable the internal subtitle filter:
MPC Options -> Playback -> enable "Auto-load subtitles"
If you use mpc-hc on windows7 want to see two subtitles.you must do it!

Last edited by betaking; 31st October 2009 at 02:34.
Old 31st October 2009, 03:14   #10290  |  Link
Martin H

@betaking

You misunderstood my post...

@all
I'm talking about MPC(-HC)'s feature of using DShow filters directly from files without needing to register them to the system first, and that the changes* made to MPC-HC with regards to if vsfilter is detected or not, isn't applied when vsfilter is used in that way...

*MPC: Automatically block DirectVobSub filter (VSFilter) when the internal subtitle renderer will be used.

*MPC: The INITIAL value of the setting "Auto-load subtitles" will now default to OFF when DirectVobSub is detected as installed and to ON when DirectVobSub is not found.

(from guliverkli2 changelog, but also applies to MPC-HC)
Old 31st October 2009, 03:34   #10291  |  Link
betaking
Fantasy Codecs writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
@betaking

You misunderstood my post...

@all
I'm talking about MPC(-HC)'s feature of using DShow filters directly from files without needing to register them to the system first, and that the changes* made to MPC-HC with regards to if vsfilter is detected or not, isn't applied when vsfilter is used in that way...

*MPC: Automatically block DirectVobSub filter (VSFilter) when the internal subtitle renderer will be used.

*MPC: The INITIAL value of the setting "Auto-load subtitles" will now default to OFF when DirectVobSub is detected as installed and to ON when DirectVobSub is not found.

(from guliverkli2 changelog, but also applies to MPC-HC)
Revision 47 - Directory Listing
Modified Mon Mar 17 15:59:10 2008 UTC (19 months, 2 weeks ago) by clsid2
Added option to disable the automatic blocking of VSFilter when "Auto-load subtitles" is enabled and the internal subtitle filter is used. Disabling this block allows users to view two different subtitle languages at the same time (if they want to). The option is called "BlockVSFilter" and currently requires manual editing of the registry/ini, since it is not (yet) available in the GUI.
Revision 1226 - Directory Listing
Modified Thu Aug 13 19:40:56 2009 UTC (2 months, 2 weeks ago) by clsid2
Hidden option to disable the automatic blocking of VSFilter when using internal subtitle renderer. Useful when wanting to display two different subtitle files.
Old 31st October 2009, 03:41   #10292  |  Link
avivahl

Martin, well... but that initial value is set when MPC-HC is ran for the first time, isn't it? In that case, the "External Filters" list would be empty as well (default is empty... on first run), so it won't change the decision whether to activate it or not (the dicision will only be based upon if VSFilter is registered). Or do you want the check to happen again when you add VSFilter to the External Filters list? Or at every start up?

EDIT: just saw betaking's comment. maybe it's time for someone to add this feature to the GUI?
Old 31st October 2009, 04:03   #10293  |  Link
Martin H

@betaking

I know those changes, but they are unrelated to my issue i.e. i don't set that value... Thanks anyways

@avivahl

LOL - good point there, mate! I didn't even thought about that, as i make my own silent installer of MPC-HC + vsfilter which presets vsfilter as external filter through the registry, so it's enabled upon first startup, but of course that is a special case scenario obviously, and no need to change that...

But still however, there's one thing left, which to me also is the most important, and that is the following issue still isn't working with directly-used/unregistered vsfilter:

Thanks for your help, mate!
Old 31st October 2009, 18:50   #10294  |  Link
clsid

If you use MPC in such a way, then it would be a good idea to store its settings in an INI file. That way you have full control over the settings. Simply disable the internal sub render, et voila, problem solved.
Old 31st October 2009, 19:51   #10295  |  Link
Martin H

@clsid

Thanks for your reply, mate!

I know about the ini setting, but i don't believe the gabest code has been rewritten for that part, which i remember was much slower because of ineffecient coding of that part...

Anyway, i know that i can disable the internal sub-render, but the issue is that i normally use overlay mixer and hence needs VSFilter, but if i ever want's to change to one of the renderless modes(v7/9), then i don't want to use VSFilter, when that render allready supports subs internally.

Of course i can just disable VSFilter each time i change to a renderless mode, but i just thought that it was somewhat incoherent that the VSFilter blocking code didn't apply when using VSFilter directly/un-registered, and hence wanted to report it, as i believe that it wasn't thought about at the time it was implemented

I use VSFilter un-registered, since i only use it with MPC and hence, don't see the point in registering the filter to the whole system, and think that using it directly is "cleaner"...

Edit: I just retested the ini setting, and i can't tell the difference in speed, so thanks for reminding me of that option again! Also another cool thing i didn't knew about that option, is that it makes the generated file 'default.mpcpl' to be made in the app-folder and not in "%appdata%\Media Player Classic". Thanks again, mate!

Last edited by Martin H; 31st October 2009 at 20:37.
Old 31st October 2009, 22:05   #10296  |  Link
clsid

It is also possible to load an unregistered filter through the command-line:
mpc-hc.exe /filter "vsfilter.dll"

Then you could make two .bat files. One for starting MPC with VSFilter, and one without.
Old 31st October 2009, 22:47   #10297  |  Link
Martin H

@clsid

Thanks for the tip, mate
Old 1st November 2009, 06:05   #10298  |  Link
Snowknight26

Did a recent revision change how MPC-HC handled DXVA on ATI cards? MPC-HC now tries to play all H.264 content with DXVA regardless of resolution/refs and causes noticable corruption in the video and occasionally on the desktop.
Old 1st November 2009, 06:53   #10299  |  Link
avivahl

Alright... I uninstalled Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 and reinstalled Visual Studio 2008 + SP1. Then I managed to compile MPC-HC with no issues using GCC-4.4.2-MinGW by komisar (as libavcodec's compiler).
I've noticed that the CRT source that comes w/ VS2008 does contain the missing declaration which broke linking w/ VS2010. It seems libmingwex uses an undocumented declaration which was removed in VS2010, and therefor any project linking to it (e.g MPCVideoDec) will have missing definitions at linking time.

Possible solution to get MPC-HC compiled w/ VS2010Beta2: someone has to fix libmingwex (at cygwin's CVS).

Anyway, I also noticed that the Trac wiki page regarding compilation is a bit outdated and has proper information mixed w/ unproper one.

Last edited by avivahl; 1st November 2009 at 17:25.
Old 1st November 2009, 13:08   #10300  |  Link
ikarad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
Hello everyone.

We have made some changes to our webpage on sourceforge.

The tracker, changelog and WIKI have been moved to TRAC

Tracker: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/report (tickets have to be moved manually unfortunately)
Changelog: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/timeline
WIKI: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/wiki (formatting of the old pages is broken and still needs to be fixed)

The forum and maillinglist have been removed too.
We have replaced the forum with PHPBB: http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/mpc-hc/index.php

I would like to ask everyone that had anything on the old forum or tracker that is still unresolved to add those to the new forum or tracker(whichever is more appropriate)

We have also updated (read greatly simplified) the troubleshooting and bug reporting guidelines (unfortunately formatting is broken)

You can read them here: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc...ing_guidelines
could you explain how I post bug on the tracker because I don't understand how to do? it's very difficult
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc