Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 12th February 2012, 00:27   #8981  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Those keys are owned by "TrustedInstaller", which i assume only signed .msi installers are allowed to access.
Anyhow, no issues if those cant be written. I doubt the filter really managed to do it.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 12th February 2012 at 00:29.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 00:35   #8982  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Those keys are owned by "TrustedInstaller",
<OT>

Micro$oft and their "infinite wisdom".
I'm pretty sure that a worm can easily dress itself as a "Trusted Installer"

</OT>
Midzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 00:38   #8983  |  Link
dukey

I got a weird problem that is showing up.
The text pin on the LAV splitter seems to be connecting to a filter called
Internal Script Command Renderer

Unfortunately this seems to totally break playing of the video. LAV is spitting out MEDIATYPE_Text, MEDIASUBTYPE_NULL
and this seems to be what this filter accepts.

Edit:
I forgot to mention this filter is part of directshow (quartz.dll)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx
dukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 00:45   #8984  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukey View Post
I got a weird problem that is showing up.
The text pin on the LAV splitter seems to be connecting to a filter called
Internal Script Command Renderer

Unfortunately this seems to totally break playing of the video.
This is already fixed for the next version, it'll no longer cause playback to fail.
I suppose i could also change the media type and avoid it connecting completely, its not used for any active subtitle type, but there was some reason why i used this one before....

Last edited by nevcairiel; 12th February 2012 at 00:56.
Old 12th February 2012, 02:03   #8985  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerowalker View Post
Itīs pretty much every file i think, as long as i try to make a thumbnail of it;S

It may also be MKV files which i Direct Stream copied so they became "AVI" that mess up.

But itīs the thumbnail thing i think, and if i deactivate AVI splitting on LAV itīs solved, though i want to use it;S
Follow these steps:
1) Temporarily disable thumbnailing. Reboot.
2) Move one file that you suspect might be triggering this issue into a separate folder. That folder should not contain any video files, nor should any of its parent/child folders.
3) Re-enable thumbnailing. Reboot.
4) Load Explorer and browse to the folder.
5) If it shows the error you have a sample, otherwise repeat with a different file.

Once you have a sample, upload it to:
http://www.mediafire.com

If a file is very large, you can cut a small part it with DGSplit.
Old 12th February 2012, 04:59   #8986  |  Link
Mangix
Audiophile

is it possible to do bitstreaming when possible and fall back to software decoding when not a la ac3filter?
Mangix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 12:50   #8987  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

LAV Filters 0.46
Code:
LAV Splitter
- Experimental support for streaming protocols (RTSP, RTP, MMS)
- Support for IBufferInfo (Buffer Status in MPC-HC "Statistics" pane)
- Added a memory limit to avoid too high memory use from the frame queues
- Fixed playback of files with Subtitles in WMP/WMC in some cases

LAV Audio
- Improved playback of files with bad audio frame interleaving
- Improved support of COOK, ATRAC and SIPR (RealAudio codecs)

LAV Video
- Updated and improved Intel QuickSync decoder (0.26, r38)
- Fixed DXVA2 software fallback on some lossless H264 clips
- Improved Fraps decoding with EVR
- Improved playback of MPEG4 in MP4
- Multi-threaded decoding for Lagarith
- Fixed playback of Theora with the MPC-HC Ogg Splitter
- Dithering Enhancements:
  - New "Random Dithering" option (new default)
  - Improved "Ordered Dithering" in the RGB converter
- Support for decoding v210/v410 raw formats
- Support for Snow and FFV1
Download: Installer (both x86/x64) -- Zips: 32-bit & 64-bit

Re-written Installer
I finally got around to cleaning up the Installer and basically re-creating it from scratch.
As a consequence, it now does all the special tasks required to properly register a Splitter in the system, and the LAVSplitter.ax itself does not do it anymore.

This means that just registering LAVSplitter.ax will no longer change any registry settings and is perfectly safe to do. The only thing it still does is allow playback of Blu-ray bdmv/mpls files, but in a entirely non-destructive way.
This also means that just registering LAVSplitter.ax may not allow you to play back all files, at least not in all players. MPC-HC is probably fine (if you add it to preferred filters), other players may not be. I recommend using the Installer! (unless you really know what you're doing)

I may also separate the Installer into 32-bit and 64-bit in the future, i have not decided on that yet (this would also mean that the settings get separated between the two versions)

Support for Streaming Protocols
I added experimental support for a few streaming protocols, specifically RTSP, RTP and MMS.
I tested the feature on alot of streams i could find around the web, as well as against VLC streaming over my local network, and it was working OK'ish (better for some formats, worse for others). I still consider this feature highly experimental, so try it if you wish, but don't expect too much.

To use it, you need to use the Installer (or resort to manual registry hackery), even with MPC-HC.
I have not tested it in any other players.

To use it, just install it and open a rtsp://, rtp:// or mms:// URL.

Random Dithering
In the past, the complaint occasionally came up that ordered dithering has a too static pattern, which makes it visible in certain situations. This is especially bad with cheap LCD displays (6-bit TN panels), which typically also use ordered dithering - and doing ordered twice results in serious artifacting.

To avoid these issues, i implemented random dithering, which instead of a static pattern uses a randomly generated buffer to dither the pixels, resulting in no visible patterns (unless the RNG is having fun with you)
I decided to make this the new default mode for dithering. Performance should be the same as ordered.

Other changes
Everything else is pretty standard changes, a bit improved format support, some new formats, bugfixes across the board.

PS:
v210 decoding is off by default because its a raw format, and needs to be turned on.

Upcoming is a big ffmpeg update. I haven't updated for a while now because i didn't want to "inherit" any new bugs before the release, so a lot of changes have already piled up, hoping nothing breaks.

As always, please report regressions as detailed as you can, with sample files or other relevant proof.

Have fun!

Edit:
The files have been updated for a minor options-related crash.
If you get a crash when closing the Audio configurations, download again!

Last edited by nevcairiel; 12th February 2012 at 14:24.
Old 12th February 2012, 13:02   #8988  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Thx.

Why are newer versions of LAV Filters asking me to restart my PC after installing and de-installing?
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 13:03   #8989  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
Why are newer versions of LAV Filters asking me to restart my PC after installing and de-installing?
It'll only ask that if it couldn't overwrite or delete some files, indicating they are still open by something.

My money is on the explorer thumbnail generator. It seems to get stuck sometimes - especially if you have "DirectShowSpy.dll" registered - without it, it seems fine.
Old 12th February 2012, 13:07   #8990  |  Link
sneaker_ger

I see.

What is the current status of raw video files splitting? I see that it is deactivated by default and activating makes it attempt to open raw h.264 files, but it will just stop at the start with a black screen.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 13:18   #8991  |  Link
Sebastiii

Nice one Nevcairiel
Happy
Old 12th February 2012, 13:36   #8992  |  Link
fastplayer

As always:
fastplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 13:42   #8993  |  Link
wanezhiling

I'm late..
wanezhiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 13:49   #8994  |  Link
fairchild

I installed the new version 0.46 and I'm noticing a strange behavior. I noticed it after the first install when opening up all the Lav Filters configuration pages (Splitter, Video, Audio) and going through the different options etc to see what had changed and if I needed to change anything. Well after doing all this and hitting OK on the last page (in my case it is Lav Audio, I get a windows error:
Quote:
Windows host process (Rundll32)
Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program.
I was able the reproduce this again by going to the Start Menu and opening every Configuration page for all 3 (Splitter, Video, Audio) and it happened again after closing the last option. I am able to reproduce this randomly by opening in this order or in different orders, and switching tabs between the configurations, then hitting OK on each window without making any changes. It doesn't seem to occur if I simply open the configuration windows and don't do anything then hit OK or Cancel. It only happens when I switch to the formats tabs or hover over some of the options and get it to become a bit busy. I can see the little windows hourglass going for a bit which is new since I have a relatively fast computer and Lav Filters usually didn't do this and was very fast at loading it's configuration tabs.

I also just tested this through MPC-HC by double clicking each configuration option under External Filters and it made MPC-HC disappear. (albeit through MPC-HC you can only have 1 configuration tab open at a time). I dunno if this is affecting other users but I thought I'd report it none-theless. Perhaps the install changes you made had some change on the rundll32 windows file which is being used to call up the configuration options. Haven't tested yet if playback is affected. If this is only happening to me then perhaps my system is not as stable as I believed, but it's odd because my system should be 100% stable as I do folding@home 24/7 where my CPU is constantly at 100% load and also have no other stability problems with gaming or encoding or anything else on my PC.

Last edited by fairchild; 12th February 2012 at 14:04.
fairchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 13:53   #8995  |  Link
cremor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
You may have installed something else that reset the extension mapping. In any case, the next version has a basically completely rewritten installer, so if there were bugs, they are no more (but i'm sure new ones instead!)
Whatever it was, after using the new installer it is fixed. Thanks!
cremor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 14:03   #8996  |  Link
SamuriHL

Nev, is it recommended to clean out the old reg settings before installing this one?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
Old 12th February 2012, 14:04   #8997  |  Link
entrecour

I have the same problem as fairchild above - with LAV Audio Configuration. I uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled - same problem. When I retry LAV Audio Config I get the error message again. I am running Windows Visa Ultimate 32bit.
entrecour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 14:14   #8998  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairchild View Post
Hitting OK on the last page (in my case it is Lav Audio, I get a windows error
Quote:
Originally Posted by entrecour View Post
I have the same problem as fairchild above - with LAV Audio Configuration. I uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled - same problem. When I retry LAV Audio Config I get the error message again. I am running Windows Visa Ultimate 32bit.
Should be fixed again. This has no impact on playback, and even saving options should work fine. Also, MPC-HC didn't seem to suffer here, just the standalone config.
Thats what you get when you try to be smart and do some last-minute changes =p

I'm uploading a fixed build, taking the liberty to just replace 0.46 and not changing the version, its been only 1.5 hours or so....

Last edited by nevcairiel; 12th February 2012 at 14:22.
Old 12th February 2012, 14:26   #8999  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Ok, as a reminder for everyone: 0.46 had a small bug in the audio configuration sheet that caused a crash when closing it.
I fixed the bug and replaced 0.46, so if you downloaded 0.46 before this post, i urge you to re-download it. I didn't feel like bumping the version just an hour later for such a small fix.
Old 12th February 2012, 14:27   #9000  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Nev, is it recommended to clean out the old reg settings before installing this one?
It never hurts, but its not necessary.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter