Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th March 2008, 17:54   #1  |  Link
tominator

Strange Windows Media Problem

Hello
Im trying to encode an mpeg2-file (m2v) and an AC3-file to a wmv-file. Ive done this a few hundred times before without running in to this problem but now all of a sudden its occured on two files.

I get this error when trying to open the file:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...nalid=80004005

Since I don't have any problem playing other files encoded the exact same way I don't think the problem is with my sound card.

If I encode the ac3 to wma I can play the wma without a problem. If I encode the mpeg2 to wmv I can play the wmv without a problem. But as soon as I mux them together (with windows media stream editor) I get the error explained above.

At first I thought the problem had to do with the audio and video differing in duration. So I cut the wma at the end so that theyd be the exact same length. This however did not make any difference; i still get the same error when trying to play the muxed file.

I tried opening them in asfbin but it tells me the streams are imcompatible. I have no clue how to make them compatible, all my ideas have dried out.

Could someone please suggest a solution for this?

Last edited by tominator; 11th March 2008 at 17:57.
tominator is offline   Reply With Quote