Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 30th May 2007, 11:59   #1361  |  Link
fastplayer

^Look a few posts above yours or use the search...
fastplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2007, 11:59   #1362  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Pizza View Post
OK, I know it makes the compiler output very chatty (about 8000 warnings for the entire thing), but will anyone be upset if I commit changes that set warning level 4 with 64-bit portability warnings on every project?

Also, I would like to add the projects that *don't* get built in VC++ for 32-bit builds into the project; if I add them but disable them for 32-bit (so they only build in VC++ when a 64-bit build is performed) would that upset anyone?
Maybe it is better to make a copy of the current solutions. Then you can change whatever you want. Once all x64 problems have been resolved, then we can merge the solutions together again.
Old 30th May 2007, 12:18   #1363  |  Link
_xxl
ffdshow user

Quote:
But is somebody working on dual/quad core support for decoding h.264?
Please ask the ffmpeg developers again.
_xxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2007, 12:18   #1364  |  Link
Inventive Software
Turkey Machine

Location: Lowestoft, UK (but visit lots of places with bribes [beer])
H.264 decoding uses libavcodec, developed by FFmpeg and many others. You want multicore, bug those developers, not us! We just implement libavcodec in DirectShow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inventive Software View Post
Suggestion for the installer: have a sub-option on the codecs selection page, so the user can choose to use WMV or libavcodec, for WMV7, WMV8, WMV9, WVC1, *if* Microsoft codecs are installed. This is also assuming it's relatively easy to check whether the codecs are installed.....
Has anything come of this? Would be nice to configure in the installer / give people the opportunity to choose between MS WMV9 and libavcodec, without having to install ffdshow and configure it from the shortcuts.
Old 30th May 2007, 12:38   #1365  |  Link
Dr Pizza

Quote:
I would prefer to add some x64 binary files to svn.
I don't follow you; binary files of what?

Quote:
FFmpeg and mplayer are not included in 2003(5) solutions file
because they shouldn't be compiled by msvc.The same for x264 and xvidcore.
OK, but (a) I am building them in MSVC at the moment (because it appears to work, in general, and because MSVC is generally pretty helpful at pointing out things that aren't safe in 64-bit code) (b) even if I were building in gcc, I still want to use MSVC for editing and whatnot (c) I don't think they can be built in gcc at the moment because AFAIK there's no stable version that has a 64-bit PE target. It's a choice between MSVC and Intel (and I don't have Intel's compiler and can't really justify the expense of it).

So it's MSVC or nothing, I think. And for the basic testing I've performed so far, MSVC looks like it's working tolerably well; the files I've got basically work (random selection of xvid/divx and some H.264, and I think an FLV1 or two). At some point I will try to look at drdivx some time to see if it has any important ffmpeg MSVC changes (it would be nice to work around some of the C99isms that MSVC can't handle).

It would be nice to have a test suite containing representative samples of all the different codecs and significant variations thereof.

Quote:
Also can you please try to compile for x64 libavcodec, libmplayer ,x264 and xvidcore with mingw gcc 4.2.0?
If you can tell me where to get a suitable compiler, sure. I didn't think that x64 PE was going to be a target for gcc until the 4.3 branch.
Dr Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2007, 12:44   #1366  |  Link
Dr Pizza

Quote:
Maybe it is better to make a copy of the current solutions. Then you can change whatever you want. Once all x64 problems have been resolved, then we can merge the solutions together again.
My fear with doing that is that when new source files are added to the projects (which happens quite often) they would not get added to the x64 project files at the same time which would probably cause surprises and confusion.
Old 30th May 2007, 13:15   #1367  |  Link
clsid

I usually update the ICL9 project files afterwards too. It's not a big problem. Whenever there are vcproj files in the update list when I update my local SVN, then I run a compare with UltraEdit/UltraCompare.
Old 30th May 2007, 13:21   #1368  |  Link
Dr Pizza

OK, that should work out OK then. I'll try to get some _64 VS2005 project files in sometime this week.
Old 30th May 2007, 13:25   #1369  |  Link
_xxl
ffdshow user

Quote:
x86-64
Can ffmpeg be compiled for x86-64 by GCC or not?
Old 30th May 2007, 13:35   #1370  |  Link
celtic_druid

For *nix, yes. mingw64 I think is still a bit of a ways off, although there were some patches for binutils and gcc.

ICL is available as a 30day demo, although in the past when I have tried it for ffdshow x64 it often resulted in crashes anyway.
celtic_druid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2007, 13:39   #1371  |  Link
Dr Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by drevil_xxl View Post
Can ffmpeg be compiled for x86-64 by GCC or not?
In Linux, yes, I believe it can, but AFAIK there's no x64 PE target for gcc/binutils at the moment.

I know about the icl 30 day demo, but it's not really a good option, since I expect it will take longer than 30 days to get ffdshow 100% happy in x64. I also don't know how reliable icl is. I hear it's much better these days, but it used to have an extraordinarily buggy backend that would consistently do such exciting things as omitting to emit entire functions because it incorrectly believed them to be uncalled. It's not really something I want to have to battle with.

Last edited by Dr Pizza; 30th May 2007 at 13:43.
Old 30th May 2007, 14:20   #1372  |  Link
squid_80

I recently gave up the battle of converting inline assmembly to external asm/intrinsics for compiling x64 projects with vs2005 and just use icl instead. The assembly code still needs to be changed but it's a lot less work and headaches.
squid_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2007, 19:19   #1373  |  Link
Delerue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
I just posted the Mediainfo so you would know what kind of file I'm dealing with. I tried reinstall and it still doesn't seem to register the ffdshow filter. I have no problems getting this to work on my home pc but this is on my work pc.
Maybe CoreAVC has high priority over the FFDShow filter. Any other format (xVid, Divx, etc.) can be open using FFDShow? If 'yes', you may try to change the 'merity' in 'DirectShow Control', inside the 'FFDShow video decoder configuration'. Besides, are you sure that 'H.264/AVC' filter is enable in 'Codecs', inside the 'FFDShow video decoder configuration'?
Delerue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2007, 19:24   #1374  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Duncan View Post
Hello,

I'm glad to see Leak's tweak added to FFDshow.

I just downloaded and installed FFDshow version 1198, clsid.
I then setup FFDshow as I usually do.
I set output to yv12, input to all supported raw video.
I then used only avisynth, and set the osd to show the nessessary frames, so I could tweak the new setting.
But if showed no frame change.

Code:
SetMemoryMax(1024)
FluxSmoothT(3)
ColorMatrix(Mode="Rec.601->Rec.709",scaling=2,threads=2)
MT("SeeSaw(NRlimit=0, NRlimit2=5, Sstr=2.40, Szp=1, Slimit=50, Sdamplo=16, Spower=1, sootheT=95, SdampHi=39)",3)
lanczosresize(1680, 1050)
I used the settings in post # 2
Link

The frontend I used was MPC, the one I lined to in the link above.

Previously, with Leak's other avisynth tweaked ffdshow, there was a few frames shown ahead and back, so I know that it shouldn't be zero.

Please fix this leak.

Edit. Oh, the movie was blade 1, the ntsc sddvd version.
If you look at page 6 in the link it will show you previous results using Leak's tweak.
There's another problem. When I check osd, and cpu load. The cpu load is at zero when I play a movie.
When I adjust the back ahead during movie playback, I see the movie jutter like it's adjusting frames, so I think that leak's tweak is fine, but something is wrong with the osd.

I'm using the clsid 1220 version.
Old 30th May 2007, 19:43   #1375  |  Link
_xxl
ffdshow user

Question about parallelizing h264 decoding:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/...ay/029046.html
Or this?
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/...ay/029712.html

Last edited by _xxl; 30th May 2007 at 20:28.
Old 31st May 2007, 20:25   #1376  |  Link
alph@
Replicant

in the ffdshow tryouts clsid 1220 in the avisynth filters there is a new parameter '3:2pulldown' with three choices; With what is it linked, and with a script 'seesaw' what should i use ,'ignore pulldown-apply pulldown-smooth timestamps.
alph@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 06:00   #1377  |  Link
kurt
sidekick

@ alph@: it's part of the new avisynth patch introduced by Leak. Read the doku for more informations.
Old 1st June 2007, 12:35   #1378  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
@ alph@: it's part of the new avisynth patch introduced by Leak. Read the doku for more informations.
Ummm... the documentation is now living here, and it's linked directly from the project's front page...

(Or, in other words, I'm not totally sure the page on my server is current... )

np: Secede - Vega Libre (Vega Libre)
Old 1st June 2007, 14:53   #1379  |  Link
Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Duncan View Post
Previously, with Leak's other avisynth tweaked ffdshow, there was a few frames shown ahead and back, so I know that it shouldn't be zero.

Please fix this leak.
Well, I would - but I'm afraid it just plain works correctly for me with clsid's 1220 build:

Screenshot of MPC running your script on an NTSC DVD

I'm afraid I can't really fix what I can't reproduce...

(Do note that some of the back values that my earlier builds reported were quite bogus - it should now be 0 most of the time, as AviSynth's internal cache is usually handling those requests...)

On the other hand, I've found that resizing in AviSynth sometimes causes crashes on open with Haali's renderer, but it works fine with all other renderers - even with MPC's EVR renderer on Windows XP, which is probably the most untested combination.

Also, since just playing a DVD using ffdshow as a decoder without even turning on/using AviSynth produces garbage until the AR changes from 4:3 to 16:9 I'm wondering if there isn't either a bug in Haali's renderer or at least a bug in ffdshow itself that only manifests when using Haali's renderer...

np: Håkan Lidbo - Half Man Half Lobster (Dunka Dunka)
Old 1st June 2007, 16:01   #1380  |  Link
Leak

@Haruhiko:
I gave your TS file with the aspect ratio change in it a try, but I really doubt it's my AviSynth filter that causes this, as the aspect ratio doesn't change with it disabled either.

It does, however, change as soon as you check "Video Frame/Keep Aspect Ratio" in MPC, so maybe this has something to do with how MPC uses Haali's renderer?

Oh, and this is what I get when I open my Ghost In The Shell DVD while using Haali's renderer with ffdshow:

(The logo in the lower part obviously is from my playing your TS file earlier...)

Again, this has nothing to do with my filter, except that when I use my DVD IVTCing AviSynth script that always resizes everything to 800x600 4:3 the picture is fine...

np: Håkan Lidbo - Baksug (Dunka Dunka)

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl