Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 31st January 2002, 18:15   #1  |  Link
qthesnake

i am totaly out numbered but,

i think CladDVD (or in it's new name:cladMdec) is the best ripping tool for full DVD copying.

does any body care to comment why nobody talks about it or uses it anymore?

thanx!
Q.
qthesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2002, 18:39   #2  |  Link
cofferscuffs
uber-toddler!

Not many ppl comment on it imho because, like FlaskMPEG, it's simply not the best proggie to use - they've gone past their use by data. The only reason why some people use it still is because of it's simplicity. Personally I think those types of people should open their minds a bit more - how hard can it be to read a guide on Gknot for instance? Sure some people have problems at first, but this is a community for helping each other. We were all 'newbies' at one stage.
Old 31st January 2002, 23:25   #3  |  Link
Amerzone

Re: i am totaly out numbered but,

Quote:
Originally posted by qthesnake
i think CladDVD (or in it's new name:cladMdec) is the best ripping tool for full DVD copying.
cladMdec is not a standalone ripper, just a GUI for vStrip...
Amerzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2002, 01:56   #4  |  Link
Bugs Bunny
Some Bloke

>Not many ppl comment on it imho because, like FlaskMPEG, it's simply not the best proggie to use - they've gone past their use by data. The only reason why some people use it still is because of it's simplicity. Personally I think those types of people should open their minds a bit more - how hard can it be to read a guide on Gknot for instance? Sure some people have problems at first, but this is a community for helping each other. We were all 'newbies' at one stage.

It's pretty hard when the thing ya've gotten is working OK. Why learn yet another tool when you don't have to? A ripper is just a ripper, as long as it rips and the ripped stuff worked with the encoder OK, then it's fine.

Comparing Flask--Gordie to a ripper isn't quite right, as Flask output is shite, and a decrypted VOB is the same by any ripper. But even then, Flask is only bad when compared to a better encoder. I mean, if all yer cranking out is Flask stuff, then ya never know the difference, right? Its like running a fast computer then going back to the old puter. You only think the old one is slow because your expectation has changed. The computer hasn't.

Speaking of Gordie, Doom9 has put out a Xvid guide fer the blokes, and guess what.. it requires Gordie. Thanks fer Doom9 bloke to put in the time, but I like things simple, w/o all the riff-raff "front-end" for noobs and boobs. I figured Nandub out just foine, and when I get around to it I think I'll figure Xvid w/o the front end stuff.
Bugs Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2002, 04:35   #5  |  Link
CloneAD

To 'qthesnake'

Just cuz it doesn't get spoke about much on here doesn't mean it's not popular. When people have questions/queries concerning cladMdec/cladDVD XP they usually email me direct that's probably why you don't here about it much on a forum.

By the amount of global downloads I can assure you clad is alive and kicking and very popular.

CloneAD
CloneAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2002, 08:44   #6  |  Link
qthesnake

to <Amerzone> i have to confes: i am still using cladDVD 1.63MAX. (the one that still uses vobdec!!!!)

the only movie i couldn't rip was "sneakers," but even Doom9 wrote a ripping guide and used this movie as an exeption becouse of the 1GB file....

to <cofferscuffs> : i rather spend my time learning how to encode better: cladDVD puts the files on my HD period. i don't need my ripping program to do anything else!

to <CloneAD> : man, i hope i didn't offend you: as i said, i think your tool is the best!

thanx for your replys everyone!
qthesnake is offline   Reply With Quote