Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 9th January 2006, 21:45   #41  |  Link
Raithmir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
You already have that in the queue, a precise time down to the second. Why would you need anything else?
Because I've sometimes cleared the queue and then gone back to the logs at a later date. It's logged in the queue tab, but would be useful in the logs too (besweet logs start/end times, so why not MeGUI?)
Old 9th January 2006, 22:04   #42  |  Link
Raithmir

oh and while I've been testing the AVISynth creator functions... is there any real reason why we couldn't have a tick box for resize (like there is for crop).

Most of the time I just want to crop away black borders but keep original resolution.
Old 9th January 2006, 22:49   #43  |  Link
berrinam

@Raithmir: Sometimes I've wanted the same thing. However, you can get around this by creating a new avs profile and in the script template, remove the <resize> line. This way, the resizing will never get added to the script.
Old 9th January 2006, 23:04   #44  |  Link
Raithmir

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrinam
@Raithmir: Sometimes I've wanted the same thing. However, you can get around this by creating a new avs profile and in the script template, remove the <resize> line. This way, the resizing will never get added to the script.
Thats a good idea. To be honest I've not played around with the profile settings yet. It's no real hardship to just add a "#" before the resize line also
Old 10th January 2006, 01:41   #45  |  Link
Caroliano

Drag'n Drop suport at least for input avisynth script in the main window. Would be very handy, and save a bit of time.

Old 10th January 2006, 08:42   #46  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Drag'n Drop suport at least for input avisynth script in the main window.
If it supports video, wouldn't audio be the next in line? How would you propose we handle audio (in terms of which selection to be made in the codec dropdown)?

BTW, just so that we are on the same page, I think it's a good idea, it just needs to be thought all the way through before being put up in the todo list..
Old 10th January 2006, 11:02   #47  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
If it supports video, wouldn't audio be the next in line? How would you propose we handle audio (in terms of which selection to be made in the codec dropdown)?
Why would MeGUI need to vary the codec selection according to what input is dropped on MeGUI? Wouldn't a Drag'n Drop receiver simply check if the input is valid, then set it as the audio or video input and then do whatever cleaning up is needed?
Old 10th January 2006, 13:25   #48  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

hmm.. I guess I was still thinking of the old audio functionality where you could either plug in audio to be encoded or just to be muxed in the main window.
Old 10th January 2006, 14:44   #49  |  Link
lexor

I don't know if this is a big "feature request" but can we add 1/2 dvd to the Storage Medium present in bitrate calc? Useful for 1080p (deinterlaced from 1080i) encodes of significant running length.
Old 10th January 2006, 16:02   #50  |  Link
Morte66
Flying Skull

A feature request: Add support for single pass quality based encoding to the AutoEncode feature. At the moment the user has to separately kick off video encode, audio encode and mux to encode this way.

Justification:
(a) I get roughly twice the overall encoding speed this way
(b) workflow is smoother with AutoEncode, and a fallible user is less likely to make an error setting up a batch (e.g. try to mux episode 11 sound with episode 12 video)
Old 10th January 2006, 17:10   #51  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Add support for single pass quality based encoding to the AutoEncode feature.
Isn't that already possible? I thought one of the changes done in recent weeks allows for crf or CQ encoding in the automated modes.
Old 10th January 2006, 17:20   #52  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
The View -> Progress menu item now has 3 states:
- disabled
- enabled but not checked (progress window hidden).
- enabled and checked (progress window shown)
That sounds reasonable.. but I don't like the hide button in the progress window.. I strongly believe it must not have such a button as it's highly redundant with the availability of both the X button and now the view menu as well (if your patch on the main form is applied without the change to the progress window form)
Old 10th January 2006, 17:27   #53  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
For the psp it would be useful to be able to choose the sampling rate for the audio (psp only supports 48000Hz).
And why is that necessary again? DVDs use 48KHz, so does digital TV if I'm not mistaken.
Old 10th January 2006, 18:05   #54  |  Link
Morte66
Flying Skull

Quote:
Isn't that already possible? I thought one of the changes done in recent weeks allows for crf or CQ encoding in the automated modes.
I can't get it to happen in v0.2.3.1027, downloaded 31 December, which I thought was latest build. I configure the encoder for Quality 26 using the Codec "Config" button on the "Input" tab, and hit "AutoEncode", then up comes the usual "File Size"/"Bitrate" dialogue and it creates a 2 or 3 pass job according to the "Automated Encoding | Number of Passes" option in "Settings" (which can't be set to 1).

The download server http://files.x264.nl/Sharktooth/?dir=./megui/Binaries is down ATM, but I'll check again once it's working.
Old 10th January 2006, 18:35   #55  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

the download server is not down but it is now on SourceForge.
http://www.sf.net/projects/megui
Old 10th January 2006, 18:54   #56  |  Link
quake74

Quote:
And why is that necessary again? DVDs use 48KHz, so does digital TV if I'm not mistaken.
That is probably correct (I don't know about digital tv) but I did some tests with trailers and transcode some avis, and the audio over there is not 48Khz. (Until somebody manages to unlock full psp res, even the transcoded avis look good to me.)
Old 10th January 2006, 21:08   #57  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morte66
I can't get it to happen in v0.2.3.1027, downloaded 31 December, which I thought was latest build. I configure the encoder for Quality 26 using the Codec "Config" button on the "Input" tab, and hit "AutoEncode", then up comes the usual "File Size"/"Bitrate" dialogue and it creates a 2 or 3 pass job according to the "Automated Encoding | Number of Passes" option in "Settings" (which can't be set to 1).

The download server http://files.x264.nl/Sharktooth/?dir=./megui/Binaries is down ATM, but I'll check again once it's working.
Support for this was added in 0.2.3.1030. Select Quality 26 in the codec config, and then press autoencode, and press No Target Size (use profile setting). Voila!
Old 10th January 2006, 22:18   #58  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

Quote:
That sounds reasonable.. but I don't like the hide button in the progress window.. I strongly believe it must not have such a button as it's highly redundant with the availability of both the X button and now the view menu as well (if your patch on the main form is applied without the change to the progress window form)
That's fine. I originally only modified the main form, but added the button when I came back to this thread because I saw that's what the request asked for. You can just merge in the changes from Form1.cs and delete the other 2 files.

Note: with the toggle in the View menu but no Hide button, we are now exactly consistent with VDub.

Note 2: it's even more consistent if we make the X button on the main window minimize to tray instead of exiting. Although I feel this should be an option.
Old 10th January 2006, 22:28   #59  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Note 2: it's even more consistent if we make the X button on the main window minimize to tray instead of exiting. Although I feel this should be an option.
As I said.. I don't like that one at all. I have it implemented at work for an app, but it's one that has no menu and is meant to always run in the tray 24/7. For a regular app, X should mean close. And we already catch the close event and ask people if they really want to do that in case we're still encoding.
Old 10th January 2006, 22:33   #60  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

Agreed. I don't like it personally and never enable it in other apps that give me the option.
Closed Thread