Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14th December 2002, 23:12   #1  |  Link
gnutellafan

General DVD issues - what am I doing wrong?

OK, I finally got some DVD-Rs so I could see if the RW was my problem. I ripped Monty Python and the Holy Grail with DVDdecryptor.

Its less than 4.3 gigs, so it was pretty much ready to go. The only adjustments I made where to make it region free, remove PUPs, and "delete playback" of VOB ID 1 (columbia tristar intro) and 2 (FBI warnings). I restared ifoedit and hit get VTS sectors, though I dont think I needed to and it didn change anything. I played the files w/ ifoedit. The movie started at the menu, I could use the menu, ect and play the movie fine. I tried windvd, everything was fine.

I fired up Nero 5.5.9.17 and choose new, dvd video, and the defaults, iso lvl 1, iso 9660, Joliet. I used khypermedia DVD-r (the only thing I could find under $5/disk). Burned the disk at 1x.

It wont play in my xbox and it locks up my computer when I put it back in.

Ahhhhhhhh.....
Old 15th December 2002, 08:03   #2  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Hmmm...

When you did region free, delete PUPs, and delete playback of vob-id, did you save ifo? Also I found that if you get vts sector and it says it saves, it doesn't really. I did a region free and get vts sectors and went back to do region free again, and ifoedit detected residue region stuff again. Just for confidence, I save all my ifos at the end before burning.

Though I do DVD+R/RWs and I don't have an XBOX, I did a check and XBOX does DVD-Rs. Now that's not to say that all DVD-R brands work though. There's a media compatibility thread in this forum if you search.

As for Nero 5.5.9.17, don't use the wizard.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2002, 08:22   #3  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

There's a stick thread above on this matter...
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28857
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2002, 15:25   #4  |  Link
gnutellafan

yeah, I read that thread but its not just the xbox. I did save the ifos. I even created an image on the HD and it played wonderfully when I used Deamon Tools. So I went ahead and burnt it. It wont play in the xbox, or even my computer. If I put it in the computer it crashes winDVD.