Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 17th February 2011, 18:25   #9141  |  Link
afonic
DVD-Guides.com Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpete View Post
It's in the Ripbot Tools, ax folder.
[...]
Why is there a need to convert the DTSHD-MA audio when importing (unless you just want the core)? If you've got the Arcsoft encoder installed, can't it just be demuxed to a dtshd file and then converted as required in the output side?
I am not sure how legal this is, but I don't want to be a deal breaker anyway so let it be.

If you download eac3to plus some GUI you will see what the various options are and what audio it produces. What it does is decoding (not demuxing) the audio to wave format and then uses that to re-encode to AC3.

If you ask me, the audio options are not so clear in Ripbot so I just use the Core option and keep the Core track in my mkv files, since I am just passing through via sp/dif to a DTS decoder that doesn't support HD. Staxrip has more complex audio configurations with exact eac3to settings.
afonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 19:15   #9142  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Quote:
It's in the Ripbot Tools, ax folder.

Attachment 12034

Having looked at the ac3 file from a recently converted project, it seems that the resulting dolby audio is 24 bit, so Ripbot through eac3to has downsampled the 24bit DTSMA audio from 24bit to 16bit and then upsamples it from 16 to 24bit in the Aften ac3 conversion. That's obviously not desireable as you've lost the original 24bit quality in the downsample.

Why is there a need to convert the DTSHD-MA audio when importing (unless you just want the core)? If you've got the Arcsoft encoder installed, can't it just be demuxed to a dtshd file and then converted as required in the output side?
You might try tagging in log files with the code tags.
Old 17th February 2011, 20:17   #9143  |  Link
Blackwalker

hi Atak

i just try to decode a ".m2ts" file into "mp4".
The program end the decoding without errors, but...
in the output directory i have nothing!!

here is the info on the ini file:
Quote:
//Directory must exists!!! D:\movies\ is correct but D:\movies is incorrect!
DefaultOutputPath=D:\TempBluRay1\
and, of course, directory "TempBluRay1" on drive "D:" exist!!

i'm confused...
Blackwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 07:42   #9144  |  Link
hoju3508

Do you have a log file?
hoju3508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 10:45   #9145  |  Link
hdpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonic View Post
If you ask me, the audio options are not so clear in Ripbot so I just use the Core option and keep the Core track in my mkv files, since I am just passing through via sp/dif to a DTS decoder that doesn't support HD. Staxrip has more complex audio configurations with exact eac3to settings.
I have been just keeping the DTS core file, but at 1509kbps it's a fairly big file. An ac3 file at 640kbps is a lot smaller but produces similar sound quality, so then I've got a better video bitrate bearing in mind that on these particular videos I'm looking at 3.95gb 720p MKV to fit on a FAT32 HDD. I guess I'll just have to convert the lossless DTSHD audio to ac3 in eac3to outside of Ripbot and then mux it to the BD before opening it in Ripbot, this way I'll avoid the loss in quality from the original lossless file (24bit down to 16bit) which Ripbot seems to introduce into the process.

Last edited by hdpete; 18th February 2011 at 14:38.
hdpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 11:59   #9146  |  Link
smokerdalejash

Hi Atak
I’m getting this very annoying problem (I’m using vista home premium sp2 32-bit). This problem is happening with all of my bought dvds but i’ll use Pink Floyd: Live at Pompeii as my example. Here’s the file I ripped from dvd to mkv using MakeMKV
Attached Images

Last edited by smokerdalejash; 18th February 2011 at 12:06.
smokerdalejash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 12:00   #9147  |  Link
smokerdalejash

A 4891 kbps source, when I set 2 pass to 3000 kbps it completes fine with no problems at all(takes about 4-5 hours), but when I set it to what the source says it is capable of (4891 kbps) right at the end during the muxing part a “mp4box.exe has stopped working” error comes up
Attached Images

Last edited by smokerdalejash; 18th February 2011 at 12:11.
Old 18th February 2011, 13:22   #9148  |  Link
afonic
DVD-Guides.com Author

Quote:
I have been just keeping the DTS core file, but at 1509kbps it's a fairly big file. An ac3 file at 640kbps is a lot smaller but produces similar sound quality, so then I've got a better video bitrate bearing in mind that on these particular videos I'm looking at 3.95gb 720p MKV to fit on a FAT32 HDD. I guess I'll just have to convert the lossless DTSHD audio to ac3 in eac3to outside of Ripbot and then attach it to the BD before opening it in Ripbot, this way I'll avoid the loss in quality from the original lossless file (24bit down to 16bit) which Ripbot seems to introduce into the process.
Yes that would be a good choice. Actually as Ripbot does use Arcsoft and uses the whole lossless part, you are fine just selecting Wave and then let it convert your audio to AC3.

In my case I don't really care about the file size so I leave the Core.
Old 18th February 2011, 14:41   #9149  |  Link
hdpete

Quote:
Yes that would be a good choice. Actually as Ripbot does use Arcsoft and uses the whole lossless part, you are fine just selecting Wave and then let it convert your audio to AC3.
No I'm not, that was my issue, when doing that in Ripbot, it downsamples from 24bit to 16bit.
hdpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 18:00   #9150  |  Link
kenwheeler77

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokerdalejash View Post
A 4891 kbps source, when I set 2 pass to 3000 kbps it completes fine with no problems at all(takes about 4-5 hours), but when I set it to what the source says it is capable of (4891 kbps) right at the end during the muxing part a “mp4box.exe has stopped working” error comes up
I too have started getting "mp4box.exe has stopped working". Unfortunately I have not had the time to examine the output files (if any are there). The settings I use are just CQ=22 or 20 (depending on the output I want) and set my audio (always 5.1 for me).

Has anyone else received the MP4BOX.EXE error?

I've been using this software for quite some time now and love it. Thanks again Atak!
kenwheeler77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 18:29   #9151  |  Link
smokerdalejash

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwheeler77 View Post
I too have started getting "mp4box.exe has stopped working". Unfortunately I have not had the time to examine the output files (if any are there). The settings I use are just CQ=22 or 20 (depending on the output I want) and set my audio (always 5.1 for me).

Has anyone else received the MP4BOX.EXE error?

I've been using this software for quite some time now and love it. Thanks again Atak!
Yea, I get no output files after this error, I've tried using a few of the CQ settings but unfortunately this makes the the whole process take even longer up to 6-7 hours
Old 18th February 2011, 19:25   #9152  |  Link
afonic
DVD-Guides.com Author

Is the final file bigger than 4GB ?
Old 18th February 2011, 20:31   #9153  |  Link
smokerdalejash

Quote:
Is the final file bigger than 4GB ?
Not shore if you were talking to me, but if you were, I don't get any final file/files.

Here is the job log, not shore what is going wrong -.-
Attached Files
File Type: txt Job1_log.txt (5.4 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by smokerdalejash; 18th February 2011 at 20:41.
Old 18th February 2011, 22:48   #9154  |  Link
johnbanks

nVidia & dgdecnv

Would really appreciate some help ...

Have a new GT460 card and dgdecnv license
How do I get Ripbot to use these to speed up the whole process?
I promise you I have spent a lot of time trying myself and searching this forum
Thx

PS: Without dgdecnv, I'm getting around 19 fps whilst encoding (BluRay rips) and the demuxing seems slow and in no way fully utilizes my 6 core CPU
johnbanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 23:41   #9155  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
demuxing seems slow and in no way fully utilizes my 6 core CPU
demuxing is limited by hdd speed, hence the low CPU usage
pacaveli211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 00:08   #9156  |  Link
afonic
DVD-Guides.com Author

Quote:
Not shore if you were talking to me, but if you were, I don't get any final file/files.

Yes.

MP4Box had some known bug with files over a size limit. Thought it may have to do with the file size as in your second attemp you use a higher bitrate, hence a bigger file.
Old 19th February 2011, 01:32   #9157  |  Link
smokerdalejash

Quote:
Yes.

MP4Box had some known bug with files over a size limit. Thought it may have to do with the file size as in your second attemp you use a higher bitrate, hence a bigger file.
Well you must be right, It must be some sort of bug. Maybe a fix for this in the next version? I would really like to be able to utilize the full bitrate from the input file to the final file. Anyway I guess I will have to settle for -3000 bitrate vids(this still looks amazing)

Great work Atak
Old 19th February 2011, 04:15   #9158  |  Link
afonic
DVD-Guides.com Author

Quote:
Well you must be right, It must be some sort of bug. Maybe a fix for this in the next version? I would really like to be able to utilize the full bitrate from the input file to the final file. Anyway I guess I will have to settle for -3000 bitrate vids(this still looks amazing)

Great work Atak
I will run a test today and I'll let you know.

You can always use mkv instead.
Old 19th February 2011, 06:16   #9159  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Quote:

use the [code] tags and copy and past your log so we can view it.
Old 19th February 2011, 12:50   #9160  |  Link
johnbanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacaveli211 View Post
demuxing is limited by hdd speed, hence the low CPU usage
Many thx for that - I now know about demuxing limitations.

Would really like to know how to get Ripbot to use DGdecNV as I believe this will significantly speed up the encoding

Thx
johnbanks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360