Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13th July 2007, 00:36   #501  |  Link
dade49

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya View Post
I don't know if I am in the right forum for this, but I know some of you will be able to answer this for me: I have some blu ray rips that are DTS HD Master Audio and my Tvix 4100 media streamer can't recognize it, and the only other audio options aren't in english. What do I do to convert that DTS HD Master Audio to Dolby Digital? I am not an expert, but I am guessing I have to use some kind of demuxer to get the audio out, then convert the audio, and then remux everything. I don't know what to use. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Let me guess..... It's the Flyboys BD?

This is referenced in some earlier posts in this thread, but here's a quick synopsis.

1) Demux the DTS-HD Master track with TSremux. Open the m2ts file, right click on the DTS-HD track and extract elementary stream. Name it dts-hd.dts

2) Run DTScore.exe dts-hd.dts core.dts - This extracts the basic (normal) DTS stream from the HD DTS stream.

3) Run Tranzcode_0.4beta and extract 6 wav's from the core.dts file.

4) Use BeSweet (newest beta) to merge the 6 wav's into an AC3 or flac file. You choose your output.

I was able to create a 640k AC3 stream from the DTS-HD Master stream. All of these utilities can by found by searching the Doom9 forums. Good luck to you.
dade49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 04:17   #502  |  Link
maya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dade49 View Post

This is referenced in some earlier posts in this thread, but here's a quick synopsis.

1) Demux the DTS-HD Master track with TSremux. Open the m2ts file, right click on the DTS-HD track and extract elementary stream. Name it dts-hd.dts

2) Run DTScore.exe dts-hd.dts core.dts - This extracts the basic (normal) DTS stream from the HD DTS stream.

4) Use BeSweet (newest beta) to merge the 6 wav's into an AC3 or flac file. You choose your output.

I was able to create a 640k AC3 stream from the DTS-HD Master stream. All of these utilities can by found by searching the Doom9 forums. Good luck to you.
Dade49,
Thanks. I will give it a shot, though this might all be over my head. By the way, it isn't just flyboys, it's every Fox title I think-I have about 6 and all of them have this problem.
maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 12:27   #503  |  Link
enjoyer

what does the option *use async I/O* in tsremux mean?
enjoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 14:42   #504  |  Link
maya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dade49 View Post

Ok, I pulled out the DTS-HD Master stream with tsremux, and now I get an error with DTScore.exe when I use it:
Autoit Error
Error: Unable to execute the external program
The system cannot find the file specified

Also, assuming you can help me out with that error, a couple more questions
1) How exactly do I use Tranzcode and BeSweet? It appears that I need to open up a command prompt window, and I am not too familiar with those. What should I type in for each of those programs?

Last edited by maya; 13th July 2007 at 18:18.
Old 13th July 2007, 18:38   #505  |  Link
Alkasar

if you dont like command line, you could use this litt tool to convert DTS to AC3 (it uses tranzcode+aften. Aften is better than besweet/ffmpeg ac3enc engine)

http://alkasar.online.fr/Softs/dts2ac3 v0.3.rar

edit : oops... i realize the readme and tool is in french.
Just extract and copy everything somewhere on your pc and double click the .hta file.
Usage should be selfexplanatory.

Last edited by Alkasar; 13th July 2007 at 18:41.
Alkasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 22:04   #506  |  Link
maya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkasar View Post
if you dont like command line, you could use this litt tool to convert DTS to AC3 (it uses tranzcode+aften. Aften is better than besweet/ffmpeg ac3enc engine)

http://alkasar.online.fr/Softs/dts2ac3 v0.3.rar

edit : oops... i realize the readme and tool is in french.
Just extract and copy everything somewhere on your pc and double click the .hta file.
Usage should be selfexplanatory.
I tried this and th same error comes up:
"The system can't find the file specified"

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 14th July 2007, 13:35   #507  |  Link
kvoss

I found this, but in german.

kvoss
kvoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 13:57   #508  |  Link
Selur

@kvoss: there's also englisch version of the side: http://www.schudy.de/dts/dts2ac3-e.htm
Old 14th July 2007, 16:48   #509  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoyer View Post
what does the option *use async I/O* in tsremux mean?
Reads and writes from/to disk are asynchronous. This requires additional buffering and on some systems gives you errors. By unchecking the box you force the reads/writes to be synchronous to make it more compatible with various systems at a slight performance expense.
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 16:51   #510  |  Link
oldpainless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz01 View Post
Reads and writes from/to disk are asynchronous. This requires additional buffering and on some systems gives you errors. By unchecking the box you force the reads/writes to be synchronous to make it more compatible with various systems at a slight performance expense.
Hi dmz01, was that MKV sample I sent you the link for any use? (and yes, that was an indirect question about you know what....lol)

Kevin

Last edited by oldpainless; 14th July 2007 at 17:03.
oldpainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 04:49   #511  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpainless View Post
Hi dmz01, was that MKV sample I sent you the link for any use? (and yes, that was an indirect question about you know what....lol)

Kevin
Yes thank you, and yes, please wait a little longer.
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 09:34   #512  |  Link
ACrowley

Ive Problem with TSRemux

Whne i load a .evo or m2ts i get a Error "Not enough System Ressources to run the Service"

?
ACrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 11:56   #513  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACrowley View Post
Ive Problem with TSRemux

Whne i load a .evo or m2ts i get a Error "Not enough System Ressources to run the Service"
The answer is in this very thread - several times.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 07:44   #514  |  Link
dorati

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
OK. Managed to finally burn a BDMV created with version 12. Disc plays fine in PS3, I can see a picture but there's no sound. Exactly the same results as with the previous version; PS3 reports nothing about audio etc.

Panny BD10 again recognizes the disc as BD and tries to play it. After a couple of seconds of black screen player display reads STOP and playback stops.

I seem to remember that PC-burned BD-REs used to work on the Panny, but that was before I updated its firmware to v2.0. Maybe that disabled non-AACS BD-RE support?
There are any news?
Now I have a Panasonic BDP-10 Player. -))
But I have trouble with the Remuxed Streams - the won't play.
For example:
- When I remux to Blu-Ray and burn, the Panasonic recognized the Disk, will play, but later 1 Sec stops playing.

Then I found out this:
-I have one other BDMV-Directory on Harddisk. When I burn this,
the Panasonic says BD-Video and plays fine.
When I remux the m2ts-Stream of this Direcotry (h.264 + AC3) I get one new m2ts-Stream withe the same Audio and Video. Then I only replace the m2ts-Stream in the BDMV-Directory and burn again.
The Panasonic don't play. (He will beginn, but later one Second he Stops). I think, now he don't like something in the new m2ts-Stream.

Last edited by dorati; 16th July 2007 at 09:55.
dorati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 14:42   #515  |  Link
dd03pehe

Has123 and enjoyer,
This method that dorati wrote (the post from 30th of june) works for me, my PS3 recognizes it as AVCHD and its playing with AC3 sound.

--->
Start Nerovision and create a AVCHD Projekt.
Add some valid Videoclips (30 Sek. or so) and burn the Projekt on a DVD-RW. It is importand to burn and not to cancel. If cancel, all Tempdata are erased. Later Burn DON'T close the aplikation

Now, in Dokumente und Einstellungen\User\Lokale Einstellungen\Temp\NeroHDDVDxxxxxx (on German XP) you found a BDMV-Folder.
Nero generated a 00000.m2ts.
I change this with the 00001.m2ts from TSRemux (renamed).
Then I change in CLIPINF the 00000.clpi with the one of TSRemux (renamed). And at last in PLAYLIST the 00000.mpls. But in this 00000.mpls I changed with a HexEditor the 00001.m2ts in 00000.m2ts (For Play the right file).

Now you say in NeroVision Burn again and Nero is burning the updated Data.

All is playing fine on my PS3. Subtitle, AC3-Output.

Last edited by dd03pehe; 18th July 2007 at 01:10.
dd03pehe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 22:06   #516  |  Link
enjoyer

when I try to insert a *.m2ts in nero vision (make dvd..-->AVCHD-->Add Video Files..) I always get an error report.

I have v.4.9.7.2....maybe it is the wrong version?
enjoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 22:31   #517  |  Link
dd03pehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoyer View Post
when I try to insert a *.m2ts in nero vision (make dvd..-->AVCHD-->Add Video Files..) I always get an error report.

I have v.4.9.7.2....maybe it is the wrong version?

Try to pick one of the h264 samples from http://x264.nl/h.264.samples they work fine for me.
When you have burned your project, do the steps mentioned above, and choose burn again.
Old 18th July 2007, 13:35   #518  |  Link
AFSS

How's MKV moving along ?

Hi dmz01, sorry for being so anxious..., but are you making good progress on the MKV support ? If you want candidates to test beta releases, please you can count me in !!
AFSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 13:38   #519  |  Link
Has123

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd03pehe View Post
Has123 and enjoyer,
This method that dorati wrote (the post from 30th of june) works for me, my PS3 recognizes it as AVCHD and its playing with AC3 sound.

--->
Start Nerovision and create a AVCHD Projekt.
Add some valid Videoclips (30 Sek. or so) and burn the Projekt on a DVD-RW. It is importand to burn and not to cancel. If cancel, all Tempdata are erased. Later Burn DON'T close the aplikation

Now, in Dokumente und Einstellungen\User\Lokale Einstellungen\Temp\NeroHDDVDxxxxxx (on German XP) you found a BDMV-Folder.
Nero generated a 00000.m2ts.
I change this with the 00001.m2ts from TSRemux (renamed).
Then I change in CLIPINF the 00000.clpi with the one of TSRemux (renamed). And at last in PLAYLIST the 00000.mpls. But in this 00000.mpls I changed with a HexEditor the 00001.m2ts in 00000.m2ts (For Play the right file).

Now you say in NeroVision Burn again and Nero is burning the updated Data.

All is playing fine on my PS3. Subtitle, AC3-Output.
Thanks for the reply. I did try this but for some reason it did not work. PS3 recognize it as AVCHD but a short empty clip plays. I did all the steps including replacing the CLIPINF file and hexediting mpls file. I'll really appreciate it if you can explain the steps again to see exactly what I am doing wrong. By the way, what firmware do you have?
Thanks,
Has123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 15:17   #520  |  Link
dd03pehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Has123 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I did try this but for some reason it did not work. PS3 recognize it as AVCHD but a short empty clip plays. I did all the steps including replacing the CLIPINF file and hexediting mpls file. I'll really appreciate it if you can explain the steps again to see exactly what I am doing wrong. By the way, what firmware do you have?
Thanks,
I'm on firmware 1.82. Try to change the level on the .h264 file to 4.1 in h264info.
Btw. Are you trying this on demuxed .mkv's that you muxed using ffmpeg or xmuxer? Because I don't think anyone has got that to work yet. The file i used was a .m2ts from a bluray disc that I ran in tsremux with bluray setting.

Can't wait for mkv support in tsremux..