Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 9th July 2007, 23:40   #461  |  Link
enjoyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagaskywalker View Post
When burning a TSRemux BR structure to a DVD (not a Bluray disk) using 2.5 in Nero did not work for me, but using 2.6 it works. PS3 shows them as BDMV and plays perfectly.
with what source file did u do that?

i have no problems with mpeg2 ts files. [mpeg2 ts file--->tsremux(m2ts output)--->rename the output file (*.m2ts)--->burn it with nero 7(UDF2.60)--->worked flawlessly on my ps3...]

but i dont have any success with h264/x264 files
enjoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 23:55   #462  |  Link
jcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoyer View Post
with what source file did u do that?

i have no problems with mpeg2 ts files. [mpeg2 ts file--->tsremux(m2ts output)--->rename the output file (*.m2ts)--->burn it with nero 7(UDF2.60)--->worked flawlessly on my ps3...]

but i dont have any success with h264/x264 files
What method are you using to "import" the h264 streams to TsRemux? I tried making .TS files out of streams (using Xmuxer) but the resulting files didn't work. My guess is that the problem relies there... hehe
jcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 04:52   #463  |  Link
Usul

tested with blu-ray player...

I tried making a blu-ray dvd-rw..

I used newest tsremux for blu-ray format..

I burnt the dvd-rw with nero 7, using UDF 2.6...

but...

My pioneer bdp-94hd blu-ray player started to play the dvd (said it was a avchd), but went to black screen, then stopped..

It would not play..

The source was a TS with DD 5.1, h264 AVC ran through tsremux..

What am I doing wrong..

Thanx..
Usul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 10:13   #464  |  Link
crypto
@DVBPortal

@dmz01
Thanks for this great tool. Would it be possible to add an option to map the vpid and the pcrpid to the same id. I think this is the cause why remuxed ts files don't run on Sigma EM chips.
crypto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 13:27   #465  |  Link
Has123

@enjoyer
Would you please explain what you ment by changing the name of the output file and change it to what. I tried using tsremux latest version to make bluray structure with mpeg ts source and used Nero latest version UDF 2.6 but the ps3 keeps reading this as Data DVD. Can you elaborate more on your method? Thanks,
Has123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 13:46   #466  |  Link
enjoyer

has123 just add u r mpeg2 ts file in tsremux and choose the m2ts output(not blu ray)...then u will get a file without a file extension.
rename this file with *.m2ts...then burn it with nero 7 physical partition udf 2.60. the ps3 keeps reading this as data dvd but the ps3 will accept the format and u can play that file
Old 10th July 2007, 14:18   #467  |  Link
jcar

Quote:
has123 just add u r mpeg2 ts file in tsremux and choose the m2ts output(not blu ray)...then u will get a file without a file extension.
rename this file with *.m2ts...then burn it with nero 7 physical partition udf 2.60. the ps3 keeps reading this as data dvd but the ps3 will accept the format and u can play that file
isn't it the same as playing the video from a usb drive? The ps3 should even be able to play the original ts file if it was an mpeg-2 ts, right?
Old 10th July 2007, 14:23   #468  |  Link
enjoyer

jcar i tried to play the source file..without success
Old 10th July 2007, 16:23   #469  |  Link
enjoyer

Ac3 and H264 works in vob file

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1ger View Post
I have done some tests of getting the ac3 (Dolby digital) and h.264 (AVC) to play in ps3 without re-encode ac3 to aac. I found a solution.
Step by step.

1.mvkextact audio and video.
2.change the level of h.264 to 4.1 if needed with h264info
3. mux audio and video together with the latest ffmpeg.
ffmpeg -r 23.976 -f h264 -i input.h264 -f ac3 -i input.ac3 -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f vob output.vob

Put this in to the folder for streaming (I use Tversity), it is shown as mpeg-2 in xmb.
Play it and it works great. Press info and you see that it is dolby digital and avc

Fast forward do not seems to work but the files can now be bigger than 4GB.

Maybe there can be a profile in redkawa for this
FFMpeg
http://ffdshow.faireal.net/mirror/ffmpeg/
(version SVN-r9260 with ac3 support)

h264info
https://sourceforge.net/projects/batchccews/

can somebody pls test if burning the file to dvd works too? i cant try it atm because my dvd burner is broken

Last edited by enjoyer; 10th July 2007 at 16:28.
Old 10th July 2007, 16:49   #470  |  Link
jcar

No matter what mux I "feed" into TsRemux, if it contains an h264 stream it won't play in the PS3 for me
Old 10th July 2007, 16:54   #471  |  Link
enjoyer

the source should be a x264/h264 mkv file!!
Old 10th July 2007, 16:55   #472  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
@dmz01
Thanks for this great tool. Would it be possible to add an option to map the vpid and the pcrpid to the same id. I think this is the cause why remuxed ts files don't run on Sigma EM chips.
I could easily do that, however it is against the BD specs, in BD you're forced into certain PIDs including separate PCR and Video PIDs. If there is enough interested I can add that feature for TS/M2TS (but not BD) output.
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 16:57   #473  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
the source should be a x264/h264 mkv file!!
hehe, MKV is still advancing, albeit slower than I would like. For those who would like to help me with it, send me PMs with samples and or offer your testing skills
Old 10th July 2007, 17:02   #474  |  Link
enjoyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz01 View Post
hehe, MKV is still advancing, albeit slower than I would like. For those who would like to help me with it, send me PMs with samples and or offer your testing skills
nice, thx for u r effort...mkv input would be awesome

Last edited by enjoyer; 10th July 2007 at 17:09.
Old 10th July 2007, 17:09   #475  |  Link
jcar

I totally offer myself to test anything lol. I have a ps3 to test too.. and a lot of free time in the afternoons, at least until late this month.

I tried the ffmpeg method and I got a vob file. I didn't try to stream it to the ps3, I tried to play it directly instead (using a usb drive). I even took the vob and remuxed it (with tsremux) to m2ts

The m2ts took ages until it started playing... but the same exact thing happened in the ps3! Before determining that the file was "not supported", it took quite a while to show up. I even clicked on the file, and the screen went black., and after a while the "the data is not supported" message came up.

Weird.

I think I'll wait until mkv support because right now there's no tool that will properly mux h264+ac3 into something TsRemux will like. Or at least that's what it seems, lol

Last edited by jcar; 10th July 2007 at 17:40.
Old 10th July 2007, 19:54   #476  |  Link
Has123

Has anyone been successful in burning the BD structure from TSRemux (mpeg source) to DVD or DVD9 with the ps3 recognizing it as BD or AVCHD? ( I tried with Nero UDF 2.6 shows as Data DVD)
I tried NeroVision for AVCHD it works and the ps3 recognize it as AVCHD and plays flawlessly with chapters and DD 5.1 but it does a full encode on my fast machine for best quality takes a full day.
Old 10th July 2007, 20:56   #477  |  Link
Has123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagaskywalker View Post
When burning a TSRemux BR structure to a DVD (not a Bluray disk) using 2.5 in Nero did not work for me, but using 2.6 it works. PS3 shows them as BDMV and plays perfectly.
jagaskywalker,

Can you please confirm and elaborate more on your method. I tried multiple times using mpeg ts sourse without any luck getting the ps3 to recognize it anything other than data DVD. Thanks,
Old 10th July 2007, 21:31   #478  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz01 View Post
What kind of samples would help you? E.g. do you need/want specific audio/video codec combinations? Or what do you need?
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 22:48   #479  |  Link
jagaskywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Has123 View Post
jagaskywalker,

Can you please confirm and elaborate more on your method. I tried multiple times using mpeg ts sourse without any luck getting the ps3 to recognize it anything other than data DVD. Thanks,
I have done a couple of tests, always with mpeg2-ts sources and it worked well in PS3. Nothing fancy:

1- create BD structure with TSRemux
2- burn BD structure with Nero (latest version) using UDF 2.6. I used DVD+RW, I read somewhere else (redkawa forum) that (-) media was not properly recognised by PS3 (that person also mentioned that "Bitsetting a disc to DVD-ROM " was helping)

My firmware version is 1.5 if it helps.

dmz01, I also offer myself to do tests. I have several mkv available and a PS3.
jagaskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 01:38   #480  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
What kind of samples would help you? E.g. do you need/want specific audio/video codec combinations? Or what do you need?
h264 and mpeg2 video with AC3 audio would be nice.