Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 25th January 2009, 09:41   #8001  |  Link
mrr19121970

I tried it 5 times again, and not once have I had the same problem. It must have been a fluke.

Thanks for looking though.
Old 25th January 2009, 10:31   #8002  |  Link
mic64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggking7 View Post
Thanks for the idea, but I get:

Code:
$ ls cdrom
AACS  BDMV  CERTIFICATE
$ wine /home/me/eac3to cdrom "1)"
The format of the source file could not be detected.
I should have mentioned that 'wine eac3to videofolder "1)"' works perfectly after the disc is decrypted and ripped to the hard disk.
you canīt just use the command like this:
eac3to /mnt/cdrom ....

you have to start with the letter that wine assigned for "My Computer".
it should look like this:
eac3to z:/mnt/cdrom/
then you can append the title.
eac3to z:/mnt/cdrom "1)"
Old 25th January 2009, 13:39   #8003  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcd View Post
OffTopic:

You know that there is an option to delete doubled Entries automaticly !

Thats an good working Workaround for that case ... not always perfect but an good option.
sorry but i don't know. can you tell me how and which programm you use??

hubble
Old 25th January 2009, 21:51   #8004  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

eac3to v3.05 released

http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip

Code:
* warning is shown if h264 video bitstream contains "full range" flag
* h264 video bitstream "full range" flag is automatically removed
* you can disable removal of the "full range" flag by doing "-keepFullRange"
* added reader for external DVD, HD DVD and Blu-Ray SUP files
* external SUP files can be delayed now
* number of HD DVD and DVD subtitles in SUP track is counted and displayed
* number of forced and non-forced Blu-Ray subtitles in SUP track is displayed
* "-check" option now also works for demuxed audio, video and subtitle tracks
* when reading from physical disk drive, 2KB (instead of 1MB) blocks are read
* improved automatic skipping over damaged first 5MB of TS/m2ts files
* fixed: resampling and Surcode encoding didn't work in one step
* fixed: TRP detection crashed
* fixed: track listing sometimes contained tracks without description
* fixed: h264 with missing framerate in 1st sequence header made eac3to crash
* fixed: some AC3WAV files were not detected correctly
* fixed: video frame count was not displayed when 2nd pass was executed
Old 25th January 2009, 22:23   #8005  |  Link
Espadon

Hello Madshi,

Thanks for your time and your application.

I have been using eac3 version 3.04, trying to convert a normal DTS track to another DTS track (just needed to resample the track to PAL format), but has been experiencing a problem with it.
Here is the message i got after all the wav files were created....

"Encoding DTS <1536kbps> with Surcode...
Found Surcode DTS Encoder version 1.0.23.0.
Surcode says/asks: "At least one valid source file must be specified to encode.".
Pressing the Surcode "Encode" button didn't seem to work...
Closing Surcode..."

I tried using version 1.0.23
I'm trying right now with version 1.0.21....... is this a known issue?

Thanks
Old 25th January 2009, 22:25   #8006  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

thanks!

can you comment on what the difference will be regarding the change to 2KB blocks from 1MB when reading from HDD? I am thinking to get myself another HD to create raid 0 in order to speed up eac3to processing and especially because I hope it will take away some load from the disk. when its reading from the same drive windows is installed on as well, then I hardly can do something else until its finished (especially the more bitrate the streams have and the more tracks are processed at the same time). would raid 0 be able to change that, or would it only speed up the whole process, but the HDD load thing would remain as now?

Last edited by Thunderbolt8; 25th January 2009 at 22:30.
Old 25th January 2009, 22:52   #8007  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espadon View Post
I have been using eac3 version 3.04, trying to convert a normal DTS track to another DTS track (just needed to resample the track to PAL format), but has been experiencing a problem with it.
Here is the message i got after all the wav files were created....

"Encoding DTS <1536kbps> with Surcode...
Found Surcode DTS Encoder version 1.0.23.0.
Surcode says/asks: "At least one valid source file must be specified to encode.".
Pressing the Surcode "Encode" button didn't seem to work...
Closing Surcode..."
Surcode sometimes has problems with funny file names. Try renaming the DTS file to something very simple, e.g. "test.dts". Maybe that helps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
can you comment on what the difference will be regarding the change to 2KB blocks from 1MB when reading from HDD?
I found that reading physical discs is much faster when reading 2KB blocks instead of 1MB blocks. Don't ask me why, I don't really understand it. However, reading files from harddisk is about twice as fast with 1MB blocks compared to 2KB blocks. So v3.05 checks which drive the source file is read from. If it's a CDROM/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD DVD drive, 2KB blocks are used. Otherwise 1MB blocks are used.

Quote:
I am thinking to get myself another HD to create raid 0 in order to speed up eac3to processing and especially because I hope it will take away some load from the disk. when its reading from the same drive windows is installed on as well, then I hardly can do something else until its finished (especially the more bitrate the streams have and the more tracks are processed at the same time). would raid 0 be able to change that, or would it only speed up the whole process, but the HDD load thing would remain as now?
I'd suggest not using raid, but just using a second separate HDD for video processing purposes. Not using the HDD where Windows is installed on should help a lot.
Old 25th January 2009, 23:24   #8008  |  Link
DaMacFunkin

Sorry Bit of a quickie question here: do you still need to have nero 7 installed to use this tool to decode DD+ streams to wavs? Thanks.
Old 25th January 2009, 23:28   #8009  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
I'd suggest not using raid, but just using a second separate HDD for video processing purposes. Not using the HDD where Windows is installed on should help a lot.
hm the way I have it now is that the partition windows is on is the reading partition, but the output is placed on another drive. but still, the reading alone already delays the system quite much.
I thought it might be more effective that way to seperate the reading and writing process to 2 different drives, as its faster to copy stuff from one HD to another than just to different folders on the same drive or also to mux with mkvmerge to another drive than the one you are reading from. so eac3to doesnt behave in the same way?
Old 25th January 2009, 23:30   #8010  |  Link
idbirch2

Great, thanks for the useful update. Being alerted to forced English subs at the time of demuxing will save a lot of time messing around with SupRead/Rip.
Old 26th January 2009, 01:13   #8011  |  Link
bigdog660

Quote:
...* when reading from physical disk drive, 2KB (instead of 1MB) blocks are read...
Thanks so much for this!
Old 26th January 2009, 01:16   #8012  |  Link
Chumbo

Quote:
eac3to v3.05 released

http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip

Code:
Thank you for all the updates and this one in particular.
Old 26th January 2009, 01:54   #8013  |  Link
nautilus7

Quote:
eac3to v3.05 released
Thanks for the weekly update!
Old 26th January 2009, 02:19   #8014  |  Link
rack04

How will the forced subtitles be shown? I have Apocalypto BD and it's doesn't show any subtitles being forced.
Old 26th January 2009, 04:55   #8015  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2 View Post
Great, thanks for the useful update. Being alerted to forced English subs at the time of demuxing will save a lot of time messing around with SupRead/Rip.
+1
Old 26th January 2009, 06:56   #8016  |  Link
bkman

Hi madshi,

Excuse me if this is already an option and I've somehow missed it, but can you please add an option to disable the second pass upon clipping being detected?

Eac3to already takes long enough to convert audio of decent length without doing two passes, and I don't always care about some minor clipping artefacts.
Old 26th January 2009, 08:01   #8017  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
hm the way I have it now is that the partition windows is on is the reading partition, but the output is placed on another drive. but still, the reading alone already delays the system quite much.
I thought it might be more effective that way to seperate the reading and writing process to 2 different drives, as its faster to copy stuff from one HD to another than just to different folders on the same drive or also to mux with mkvmerge to another drive than the one you are reading from. so eac3to doesnt behave in the same way?
I don't know, you can test it for yourself. I think performance will be better with eac3to, too, but it might still slow the OS down. Try reading+writing from/to the non-OS harddisk. That might take a longer time, but I think the OS should be more responsive that way.

You can also try the "-lowPriority" switch. That might also help OS responsiveness (on the cost of longer processing time). This switch should especially well on Vista and Windows 7. It should also help on XP and older OSs, but not as much as with Vista.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
Sorry Bit of a quickie question here: do you still need to have nero 7 installed to use this tool to decode DD+ streams to wavs? Thanks.
See first post of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkman View Post
Excuse me if this is already an option and I've somehow missed it, but can you please add an option to disable the second pass upon clipping being detected?

Eac3to already takes long enough to convert audio of decent length without doing two passes, and I don't always care about some minor clipping artefacts.
I'd suggest to use e.g. "-3db" instead. That will lower volume a bit, which usually gets rid of clipping. As a result a 2nd pass will in most cases not be necessary, anymore. So this basically does what you are asking for, and has the additional bonus of getting rid of clipping. Of course it comes at the cost of generally lowered volume, whenever you use this switch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
How will the forced subtitles be shown? I have Apocalypto BD and it's doesn't show any subtitles being forced.
Here are some possible reports posted by eac3to:

Code:
[s07] Counted 23 forced subtitles.
[s08] Counted 167 subtitles.
[s09] Counted 158 normal and 5 forced subtitles.
This information is only posted after full processing has run through! It is not possible for eac3to to report this without reading the complete source files. So don't expect this information in the track listing...

Last edited by madshi; 26th January 2009 at 08:05.
Old 26th January 2009, 08:06   #8018  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Question:

Does anybody have a 6.1 or 7.1 speaker setup and a Dolby Digital EX capable AVR and the possibility to send 6.1 or 7.1 PCM via HDMI to the receiver and would be willing to do some tests for me? If so, please PM me (don't post in this thread). Thanks!

Last edited by madshi; 26th January 2009 at 08:12.
Old 26th January 2009, 11:25   #8019  |  Link
jwdaigle

I am having troubles getting the arcsoft decoders to work with eac3to. When I run eac3to -test, I get "ArcSoft DTS Decoder doesn't seem to be installed". Im running 3.04 of eac3to, and just purchased TMT (the download gave me .126). The codecs do work with Graphstudio (using render media file), so that proves they are registered.

So how does eac3to decide if TMT is installed? Does it have anything to do with these 2 lines from a Process Monitor output (the referenced file does not exist in my fresh .126 retail installation):

5:20:13.4001806 PM eac3to.exe 5220 QueryOpen C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Bin\RPAWINET.DLL FAST IO DISALLOWED
5:20:13.4003641 PM eac3to.exe 5220 CreateFile C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Bin\RPAWINET.DLL NAME NOT FOUND Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a

Is the existence of RPAWINET.DLL in the arcsoft bin directory the test to see if it is installed?

I have already tried adding Program files\common files\arcsoft\bin to the path before running eac3to -test. I have also tried copying the 4 mag*.dll files into the eac3to folder from arcsoft. As I mentioned earlier, the codecs are registered (I had to manually register them using regsvr32). I didnt register all of them (only the ones that seemed to be needed for video and audio playback), but will try that later.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old 26th January 2009, 13:44   #8020  |  Link
mbcd

Hi Madshi

I didn`t tried new eac3to, but is it possible to "mark" subtitles which have forced subs inside by filename ?

I would like to see if thes special track is ONLY forced, or it is normal subs with forced inside.

Could be nice to know sometimes. Could you add this if it make sence to you?

BTW:

My Virus-Scanner shows now some funny Warning:

Madshi wants to take controll of all our Computers

Regards
Attached Images

Last edited by mbcd; 26th January 2009 at 13:50.
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to