Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 15th September 2008, 23:19   #6201  |  Link
rica

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg1200 View Post
Hi. New to this tool. Worked on one DTS file but the second one threw an error ERROR: block code look-up failed
[dca @ 68A532E0]Didn't get subframe DSYNC. It seems to create an ac3 file but I can't test right now.

Also I have Arcsoft Total Media Theater installed but eac3to does not seem to realize it and won't use that decoder. It uses libav instead. Anyway to force it to work?
Try to put " - arcsoft " at the end of the line, if it insists on not working, there must be something wrong since normally it is default decoder.
Old 16th September 2008, 01:09   #6202  |  Link
cg1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica View Post
Try to put " - arcsoft " at the end of the line, if it insists on not working, there must be something wrong since normally it is default decoder.
I don't even see the dts dll's on my computer. I don't get it. I downloaded it from their web site. Is there something I'm mssing? When I look at the about it says Total Media Extreme version 1.0.6.31. Do I have the wrong software?

FWIW, even though eac3to threw those errors it seemed to produce a listenable ac3 file.
Old 16th September 2008, 01:17   #6203  |  Link
JustABDFan

Quote:
I don't even see the dts dll's on my computer. I don't get it. I downloaded it from their web site. Is there something I'm mssing? When I look at the about it says Total Media Extreme version 1.0.6.31. Do I have the wrong software?

FWIW, even though eac3to threw those errors it seemed to produce a listenable ac3 file.
Could be a PATH issue, this thread talks about it: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=139946
Old 16th September 2008, 01:51   #6204  |  Link
rica

Quote:

I think you used TMT trial first and after it expired you installed TME, correct?
Firstly uninstall TMT and restart and reinstall TME again; i think it's gonna work for a while
EDIT: Arcsoft gives you 42 day trial time by TMT+TME, btw

Last edited by rica; 16th September 2008 at 01:57.
Old 16th September 2008, 01:57   #6205  |  Link
cg1200

I found the proper dll's. They were hiding in a different location. I got a little further - it seemed to recognizt arcsoft but then bombed immediately:

DTS, 5.1 channels, 1:49:48, 16 bits, 1536kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -2dB
Decoding with ArcSoft DTS Decoder...
Removing DTS dialog normalization...
Patching bitdepth to 24 bits...
Encoding AC3 <640kbps> with libAften...
Creating file "J:\ac3\Track2.ac3"...
The ArcSoft DTS Decoder reported an error while decoding.
Aborted at file position 19054592.
Old 16th September 2008, 04:03   #6206  |  Link
JustABDFan

It works for me

I have TME 1.0.6.31 trial installed. I just tried to convert a dts file I found here: http://www.kellyindustries.com/sounds.html
Specifically the file named dts_the_other_side_48khz.dts , its about half way down the page in the DTS 48Khz section.
I have "C:\Program Files\Arcsoft\TotalMedia Extreme" in the PATH environmental variables in system properties.

eac3to v2.63
command line: eac3to dts_the_other_side_48khz.dts test.ac3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DTS, 5.1 channels, 0:02:36, 24 bits, 1536kbps, 48khz
Decoding with ArcSoft DTS Decoder...
Encoding AC3 <640kbps> with libAften...
Removing DTS zero padding...
Creating file "test.ac3"...
eac3to processing took 10 seconds.
Done.
Old 16th September 2008, 11:19   #6207  |  Link
himan2001

Sporadic Errors with libav on TrueHD&PCM with more then one instance

@Madshi:

When you use libav/decoder to decode a german/english track at the SAME time from TWO TrueHD or TWO RAW/PCM
Tracks, the encoding is often distorted/defect. I found this problem on a few machines.

When i decode the RAW/PCM streams from the german Blu-Ray "The Pursuit of Happiness" the result is broken.

When i decode one Stream after another, all is OK. Same happens with TrueHD very often.

I think itīs better to disable the use ob libAV with more then one instance
Old 16th September 2008, 12:15   #6208  |  Link
deathlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
I could probably do that, but I don't really like the idea to add such complicated workarounds for clear bugs in a specific decoder which is still being worked on. Maybe ArcSoft will fix that problem sooner or later? You could report it to their support forum...
That sounds reasonable. I will report it to their forum if somebody can point me to some samples showing this problem.

Quote:
I don't see why that should be the case. In my tests the Blu-Ray 6.1 tracks decoded perfectly fine with ArcSoft (as I already said earlier).
I meant because of the wrong volume in the back channels when decoding to 7.1, but now you have changed this:

Quote:
Just noticed that I forgot to add something to the changelog:

Code:
* option "-no7doubling" is not supported anymore
* option "-double7" added which upconverts 6.1 to 7.1
So by default 6.1 tracks are not upconverted to 7.1, anymore. You have to manually activate that if you want upconvertion. Also doubling the 7th channel now also halfs the volume of the 7th channel. Which is what ArcSoft's decoder is doing, too, when it doubles the 7th channel.
Are you sure arcsoft multiplies exactly with 0.5? Because this can't be correct, the two back speakers are not at the same position and don't radiate in the same direction, so with 0.5 they won't add to 1. Actually it should be 0.76, as I have calculated earlier using the method proposed by tebasuna51. Maybe I should report this also to arcsoft?
Old 16th September 2008, 13:54   #6209  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
arcsoft but then bombed immediately
Don't know why. Maybe the DTS file is corrupt? Or maybe the ArcSoft installation is broken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by himan2001 View Post
When you use libav/decoder to decode a german/english track at the SAME time from TWO TrueHD or TWO RAW/PCM Tracks, the encoding is often distorted/defect. I found this problem on a few machines.
That would be VERY bad. Do you happen to have a short sample with which I could reproduce the problem? Two raw/pcm tracks should be no problem cause libav is not involved. Two TrueHD tracks might be a problem. Or maybe the problem is not with decoding but with encoding? Which format are you encoding to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathlord View Post
Are you sure arcsoft multiplies exactly with 0.5?
I said half volume, which is a multiply by 0.5^2 = 0.707.
Old 16th September 2008, 16:09   #6210  |  Link
cg1200

Quote:
Don't know why. Maybe the DTS file is corrupt? Or maybe the ArcSoft installation is broken...
It has worked for 2 out of 3 soundtracks for now using arcosft so I think it's ok. I think maybe that one soundtrack was corrupt. even though it threw the errors it eventually did produce an AC3 file which worked with the occasional crackle through my speakers.

BTW, this is a great tool. I have been looking high and low for an easy way to convert DTS to AC3. this is by far the easiest tool and works the best. the quality is superb and it only takes a few minutes. Thank you!!

Last edited by cg1200; 16th September 2008 at 16:11.
Old 16th September 2008, 18:54   #6211  |  Link
deathlord

Quote:
Oops, sorry, I should have realized that.
Thanks a lot for the new "-double7" option.
Old 16th September 2008, 21:12   #6212  |  Link
himan2001

Quote:

That would be VERY bad. Do you happen to have a short sample with which I could reproduce the problem? Two raw/pcm tracks should be no problem cause libav is not involved. Two TrueHD tracks might be a problem. Or maybe the problem is not with decoding but with encoding? Which format are you encoding to?

Hmm, I have no sample at the moment The Blu-Ray i named before produces this problem when decoding PCM german+english at the same time to ac3 -448kbit.

I have the same problem with TrueHD, too...

Only with 2*sonic/dts -> 2*ac3/448 is working all the time.

Only when ONE file at ONE-time is encodet, the output is OK.

The Problem is not always reproduceable. Looks like uninitialized "directshow" - you know: never hope that windows can made more then one thing at the same time

Finaly i can say: When you made multi-audio de/enconding at the same time, ONLY Sonic/DTS works all the time.

Nero & Arcsoft canīt be used multiple, so this error never comes up here.

Looks like an directshow or threading or something-else problem...
Old 16th September 2008, 22:15   #6213  |  Link
LessThanJake

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi
undocumented option -progressnumbers now outputs "analyze:" and "process:"
Just a little cosmetic thing.
Every new progress percentage is shown in a new line.
It would be great if it updates in the same line instead.

maybe something like this
Code:
... other code ...
cout << "analyze/process: 0%\r";
while(!inputfile.eof()){
if (counter==number) { 
    counter=0; cout << "analyze/process: "<< getpositioninsource()*100/getfsize() << "%" << "\r";
    }
counter++;
... do something ...}
cout << "analyze/process: 100%\n";
... other code ...
with "number" = any multiplier to the size of your readingbuffer for the inputfile

example:
show update of the percentage every 50MB
buffer = 32Kb
--> number = 1600

greets
LTJ
Old 16th September 2008, 22:40   #6214  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by himan2001 View Post
Hmm, I have no sample at the moment The Blu-Ray i named before produces this problem when decoding PCM german+english at the same time to ac3 -448kbit.
If the problem ocurred with PCM then it should also occur with TrueHD, DTS and any other format, because PCM is the least sensitive of all. The problem may be caused by the AC3 encoder or maybe by an unstable PC? Have you overclocked your PC?

I need to be able to reproduce the problem, otherwise I can't do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessThanJake View Post
Just a little cosmetic thing.
Every new progress percentage is shown in a new line.
It would be great if it updates in the same line instead.
The progress percentage display is meant for programs which want to automate eac3to. For those programs I think it's easier to output one new line for every progress step. The option is *NOT* meant to be used by people who call eac3to directly in the command line.
Old 16th September 2008, 22:44   #6215  |  Link
rica

Hi i cut an HD-DVD EVO including a pure TrueHD with TSRemux.
When i play the recreated file no problem.

But when i demux that created file with eac3to like this:

Code:
 eac3to v2.63
command line: eac3to\eac3to.exe  C:\Users\rica\Desktop\out.m2ts 1: video.vc1 2: audio.thd+ac3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 0:03:59
1: VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9) with pulldown flags
2: TrueHD, 5.1 channels, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -761ms
[v01] Extracting video track number 1...
[a02] Extracting audio track number 2...
[a02] Extracting audio track number 2...
[a02] Removing TrueHD dialog normalization...
[a02] Removing TrueHD dialog normalization...
[a02] Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[a02] Encoding AC3 <640kbps> with libAften...
[v01] Removing VC-1 pulldown...
[v01] Creating file "video.vc1"...
[a02] Creating file "audio.thd+ac3"...
[a02] This audio track has a constant bit depth of 16 bits.
Video track 1 contains 5740 frames.
eac3to processing took 1 minute, 15 seconds.
i got a file renamed to "audio DELAY-761ms.thd+ac3 instead of audio.thd+ac3

No such kind of issues from demuxing source evo.

Even i add an +761ms at the and of the line and re-process with eac3to, it is still out of sync. (Even the reverse doesn't change the result; -761ms)

Don't know what to do in this case?

BTW, libav converts it to constant bitrate from variable?

Last edited by rica; 16th September 2008 at 23:00.
Old 16th September 2008, 23:03   #6216  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
i got a file renamed to "audio DELAY-761ms.thd+ac3 instead of audio.thd+ac3

No such kind of issues from demuxing source evo.

Even i add an +761ms at the and of the line and re-process with eac3to, it is out of sync.

Don't know what to do in this case?
eac3to cannot fix audio delays in TrueHD streams. So you need to adjust audio sync in your media player. Or when remuxing the raw streams to a new container you need to mux them in such a way that the audio tracks begins 761ms later than the first video frame. Don't ask me how to do that, I don't know. There's nothing I can do at this time. Delaying TrueHD streams is just not possible technically at this point in time. eac3to can delay all supported audio bitstreams - except TrueHD.

Quote:
BTW, libav converts it to constant bitrate from variable?
That question doesn't make much sense. libav decodes the track. eac3to checks which true bitdepth the decoded data has and reports that.
Old 16th September 2008, 23:09   #6217  |  Link
rica

Thanks,

Quote:
That question doesn't make much sense. libav decodes the track. eac3to checks which true bitdepth the decoded data has and reports that.
Sorry but i was told lossless BD/HD audio is variable bitrate and i thought libav decodes in that manner.

What is interesting; mediainfo shows this after remuxing with TSMuxer:

Last edited by rica; 16th September 2008 at 23:26.
Old 16th September 2008, 23:39   #6218  |  Link
nautilus7

OMG!!! rica you 're messing bitRATE with bitDEPTH.
Old 16th September 2008, 23:43   #6219  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

I thought he meant bitdepth. But it seems he really meant bitrate (which he correctly said). Anyway. Yes, lossless tracks have a variable bitrate. PCM has a constant bitrate. So asking eac3to to decode a TrueHD or DTS-HD Master Audio track to PCM or WAV results in converting variable bitrate to constant bitrate. But I don't really see what is so interesting about that.
Old 16th September 2008, 23:47   #6220  |  Link
rica

Yes i really meant bitrate

Yes PCM is constant bitrate
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to