Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 6th January 2010, 18:57   #1  |  Link
Poutnik
Useless idea generator

Q: Using DGIndex timestamp analysis to create AVsync time map

Is there a ready or easy to use way to create any kind of A/V sync time map, based of timestamp analysis in DGIndex ?

AFAI understand, the Timestamp analysis show AV shift at MPEG2 key frames, but question is framenumber or timestamp of all listed key frames.

It looks to me key frames in MPEG2 are very frequent, every 12 frames (recorded by Leadtek winfast II, checked by virtualDub).
But I do not know if it is constant and a rule.

My DVB-T captures show often piecewise AV out of sync,
usually needed to fix by piecewise audio delay , or encoding directly DVR-MS with usage of autoresyncing DirectShowSource.

I want to create a av sync shift timemap, e.g. in Excel,
and generate by a script a serie of AVS trims, with different parameters for audiodelay and/or timestretch AVS functions.

( ProjectX or PVAStrumento ofte does not help it fixing AV sync of corrupted MPEGs, converted from DVR-MS ).

Last edited by Poutnik; 7th January 2010 at 18:39. Reason: corrected key frames observed frequency
Poutnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 07:21   #2  |  Link
Poutnik
Useless idea generator

Interesting is DGIndex timestamp comparison of original MPG PS,
this time without big sync jumps, and MPG PS after PVAStrumento fixing.

On X axis is key frame order number.

Old 17th June 2011, 01:18   #3  |  Link
rstarkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poutnik View Post
Is there a ready or easy to use way to create any kind of A/V sync time map, based of timestamp analysis in DGIndex ?
Not sure if this would have done quite what you wanted, but I've recently created ResyncMpeg2Audio, which takes DGIndex's timestamp analysis and produces an Avisynth script to resync the audio back to video.

It's far from being a user-friendly tool (being a command-line tool and requiring you to know your way around Avisynth...) but then video editing seems to have a lot of this :/
rstarkov is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dgindex, sync, timestamps