Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th October 2008, 08:21   #1  |  Link
Helo903
Hello903

Robot4Rip

Hey there all,

I have been doing alot of encoding tv shows from dvds and also from dvb. So ive got pretty good at it, however i have recently reinstalled vista to 64 bit (which is coincidental, but not important). Now i have found myself with a problem, when i use robot4rip to do my dvd ripping it goes through it all well using dgindex after dvd decypter but all that comes out is a project file, and no demuxed audio, which means i can do a whole lot of nothing with gordian knot. Oh sure i could go through and manually get the audio out, but that defeats the purpose of robot4rip, in addition to being time consuming and tedious (especially with the countless episodes im ripping). So if anyone has any ideas on if i have missed a setting of version or something that is stopping dgindex from demuxing the audio then that would be a great help.

Cheers
Helo903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 00:25   #2  |  Link
swaaye

I also use Robot4rip and have seen what you mention. Robot4rip is ancient and not supported since like '03. It still works fine for just doing a PGC rip. Unless you run into DVDs with more advanced copy protection than DVD Decrypter can handle.

Extract the PGCs from the DVD and then use Staxrip to open up the VOBs (start a new project) and it will demux the audio.

Last edited by swaaye; 6th October 2008 at 00:31.
swaaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 01:31   #3  |  Link
linyx
Un-Registered User

Yikes, try something newer!
Here are a few good dvd rippers:
DVDFab
AnyDVD
RipIt4Me

And here is a list of good encoders.
linyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 21:53   #4  |  Link
RunningSkittle
Skittle

anydvd+dvddecrypter is my favorite combination :]
RunningSkittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 15:38   #5  |  Link
Helo903
Hello903

Old huh?

Well, i didn't realise robot4rip was so old!!! Yeah i use dvd decrypter but its not the ripping thats the problem, its somehow doing 22 episodes all from 5 disks in a somewhat automated fashion, which robot4rip could kinda do. I will try the staxrip thing though, and see how that goes
Helo903 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dgindex, dvd ripping, robot4rip