Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 2nd May 2003, 18:18   #1  |  Link
WyldeF1r3

Irritating LoadPlugin Inconsistency

I've been using avisynth for a long time and I've run into many problems, but none quite as annoying as the "it used to work, but doesn't work now" one.

I've used avsynth 2.07, 2.08, 2.50, and now 2.51. When I made the move from 2.0x to 2.5x I learned of a plugin, LoadPluginEX.dll which allowed 2.x plugins to be loaded into 2.5x. It worked wonderfully and I was able to use the old c3d and dustv5 and other plugins because of it using 2.5x. Recently however, in fact, just yesterday, I downloaded the warpsharp.cab file which has the warpsharp.dll which contains some vdub filter updates to 2.5x (xsharpen, etc). As I do with all causalness, I overwrote every file I extracted that was already in the folder, including LPEX.dll.

When I went to load these files, LPEX.dll and warpsharp, into an avs script, it told me that it could not load them. I'd gotten this error before in other scripts when my paths weren't correct, so I checked, and my paths were indeed correct. So I tried again, no luck. Change the path they were in to "C:\" and reloaded, no luck. Tried putting them both into the avisynth plugins directory and they seemed to load fine (I didn't use a LoadPlugin after I had put them in that dir), but when I tried to use dustv5 it told me it didn't know what pixiedust was (dustv5 is at this time also in the plugins dir), so I used a LoadPlugin command for it, and it told me it wasn't an avs2.5 plugin, so I loaded the LPEX.dll by hand from the plugins dir, and avisynth told me it couldn't load it.

Since then I have de-installed avisynth 2.5, rebooted, deleted the avisynth.dll, and installed avisynth2.5.1, and the problem is persisting.

I know that there is a CCE bug with putting the warpsharp.dll into the plugins dir, but I'm trying to encode to Huffyuv or XviD, so that wouldn't still be an issue would it? Either way it didn't load from any directory I put it in. Any other plugin I use loads fine (excluding the ones I needed LPEX for), so I'm at a loss for what to do.

The simplest script I haven't gotten it to work on was

LoadPlugin("LoadPluginEX.dll")
AVISource("source.avi")

Is anyone able to tell me what I'm doing wrong, or how to fix it?

[edit]
well, it seems that the LoadPluginEX.dll in the warpsharp_2003_0428.cab is incomplete. It is 15.8kb, and the one someone just sent me was 38.5kb. That one loads just fine. Still can't get warpsharp to load though. The one in the cab is 55kb, is this one incomplete as well?

[edit #2]
Seems the warpsharp.dll in the .cab file is incomplete as well; or something is wrong on my system. But I have a warpsharp.dll now that is 24kb and it loads fine.

Last edited by Guest; 3rd May 2003 at 13:25.
WyldeF1r3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2003, 13:49   #2  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

I wonder which program you used to extract the CAB archive file; maybe the files were extracted incorrectly...
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2003, 15:43   #3  |  Link
WyldeF1r3

Inside the cab file, the sizes are still different from dlls that load properly
Old 6th May 2003, 09:47   #4  |  Link
Wilbert

I can't check on this pc if the new version works (but I trust you), but here is a link to the old one:

http://www.geocities.com/wilbertdijk..._2003_0121.cab
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2003, 10:49   #5  |  Link
N_F
Do you find me... pretty?

Re: Irritating LoadPlugin Inconsistency

Quote:
Originally posted by WyldeF1r3
It worked wonderfully and I was able to use the old c3d
A bit off topic, but... What's wrong with the 2.5x version of C3D?
N_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2003, 16:34   #6  |  Link
WyldeF1r3

Well, when I first started using it, the 2.5x version wasn't available for 1 thing, 2nd, I've been told that the 2,5x version has temproal filtering problems, it only affects the image spacially
Old 7th May 2003, 09:07   #7  |  Link
N_F
Do you find me... pretty?

There seems to be some confusement regarding this.

It is my understanding that the temporal influence thing will only affect the speed, the filter will still work in the temporal dimension. I've said this in several other threads, but I've never gotten any kind of confirmation if it's wrong or not.

Could someone who knows please either confirm or correct this?
N_F is offline   Reply With Quote