Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Capturing Video

Old 18th May 2002, 09:20   #21  |  Link
Koepi

Hm, the DScaler CVS has nothing mentioned about this issue and still relies on the old drivers already included in 3.1.2 (which crashes on my system with the new drivers 5.3.0).

Ah, ok, google search. It results in this link (reading through the archive a little - like all users here should usually do for example ):
http://www.adcock8.freeserve.co.uk/DScaler400.zip

I'm trying to compile a more recent dscaler WDM version myself with the current CVS, some changes since that build occured...

Regards,
Koepi
Koepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2002, 11:24   #22  |  Link
chemmajik
None

Koepi what date is the dscaler4 executable, wonder if that one is dated 3-25? Thats how old the first 4.0 beta test was originally when I first got it. Its worked so good I never bothered went & dug for a newer one.
chemmajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2002, 15:29   #23  |  Link
Belgabor
VDubMod Devel

@ Koepi: Yeah, thats the one I got. Unfortunately it doesnt work for me. It still tries to use its own driver at start which hangs my pc. DirectShow usage seems to rely on a Filter which isnt included in the zip. (I could check that after renaming DSalers hardware drivers )

So entirely a no go for me.

What (kinda) worked was starting the amcap app which is in the utils zip on the btwincap drivers page, then starting DScaler (which didnt work with a error about 'overlay not available'), shutting down dscaler, which kinda broke amcap to the point where i couldnt kill it off anymore (on w2k!), then DScaler worked

Regards
Belgabor
Belgabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2002, 15:42   #24  |  Link
Koepi

Well, I didn't unzip that archive yet, dunno what's in there. Renaming those drivers would be the first thing to try for me as well.

I fail to compile the CVS stuff because there is an optimization file staying empty at linking level Didn't find a solution yet - and I'm definatly too lazy too install both win2000 and win98 driver development kits (I tried the win98 DDK but that didn't help it so I'm a little lost) to try out if those missing compiles produce this result.

Chemajik,
the executable is dated 30.04.2002.

Regards,
Koepi
Old 19th May 2002, 02:52   #25  |  Link
chemmajik
None

Thats a month newer version. So your trying to compile Dscaler or btdrivers? I'm assuming Dscaler yeah I remember when I first worked on it, it was a pain to finally get it to compile. I got it to compile with the right combo then couldn't remember what it was, then they redid the whole structure for 4.0. Then I said man I will wait for the API to settle down. You have to be on the CVS because of such major changes daily. I'll probably get involved again, if conexant releases the sdk for the CX23881 chipset. I was going to start a new post about this new chipset, but couldnt decided where to start it.
The first cards are starting to appear with it.
http://www.prolink.com.tw/new_web/pr...V%20HD_new.htm
and
http://www.prolink.com.tw/new_web/ne...pture_0509.htm

Last edited by chemmajik; 19th May 2002 at 02:57.
chemmajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2002, 10:18   #26  |  Link
geniv

What the F**K?!

I have a winTV, WinXP

I installed the drivers and didn't like it since my TVtuner and Radion program no longer works.

now I uninstall it and install my WinTV drivers again I can capture video with VDub or FreeVCR anymore

It keep saying VIDEO DEVICE IN USE then it let me select a capture device and I select "happuage WinTV capture" and then it say it's not detected..

Strange it use to be listed as "WDM ... something"

anyone have this experience.. help
Old 21st May 2002, 10:22   #27  |  Link
geniv

opps I mean to say "I CAN'T" capture with Vdub or FreeVCR anymore.

but WinTV2k and Radio program works.
and then Capture program that came with the WinTV works but I hate it and it sucks.
Old 21st May 2002, 14:48   #28  |  Link
Koepi

These generic drivers DON'T have a averm.dll which the software uses to detect the "right" tvcard.

So if you install them, the original software stops working - that's the tradeoff for having the freedom of doing real good captures.

Maybe you should read the FAQ and NEWS and so on (there's a LOT to read) over at btwincap.sourceforge.net - your problem is discussed below the first 5 questions.
Old 4th June 2002, 09:25   #29  |  Link
Belgabor
VDubMod Devel

I found a small workaround for the lockup problem (at least it works on my machine). OPen Garphedit and insert the TV Filter (forgot the exact name, the one with only two output pins), then start DScaler (leaving Graphedit open).
Close Graphedit after exiting DScaler.

Warning: Might fuX0r your capturing afterwards/might work only once till the next restart.

Regards
Belgabor
Old 4th June 2002, 10:44   #30  |  Link
tarambuka3500

another problem

Hey, I'm having another problems with the btwincap:

1. I can only capture at RGB24 or YUV2 color spaces, all other (RGB32, IV12, etc) won't work
2. Under Windows XP, my DIVX, XVID, MJPEG and other codecs are not visible for VDUB and other problems. I can see only the old and trusty "divx_3.11". I guess it is because they are dshow based, not VFW, but still, WinXP should have a working wrapper (or I'm wrong)?

help me out plz )

Last edited by tarambuka3500; 4th June 2002 at 10:47.
tarambuka3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2002, 18:16   #31  |  Link
Koepi

@Belgabor (& all in fact ):

I wrote ejtagle an email about this issue - and the solution is very easy - but he doesn't want to support it in the drivers :-(

The problem is that the programs assume that the card is "switched on" already. But if the driver gets swapped out into the swap-file, the card goes into a suspend mode. This is causing the crash.

Solution 1:
(Copy'n'Paste from ejtagles eMail-reply)
Well, in fact, ther is a way to "disable" this feature.... But you are
on your own, I won't support that way of installing the driver.
You must delete the line "HKR,,PageOutWhenUnopened,3,01" from the install INF file, and then install the driver... Means the driver won't
be swapped out of memory, so card should remain turned on instead of being turned off while driver is not opened. I haven't tested this myself, but i think it should work....

So we come to solution 2:

Start up regedit via "Start -> Run" in windows.
Search for the key "{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}" (at least the key always gets this name on my machine, didn't verify that on other computers... it's in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet[000|001]\Control\Class . There you have to click through the classes until you find something with "media, gamepads etc. controller" shown in the rioght window.)
Then double-click on that key. On my computer it's 0018 which has the btwincap drivers (something like bt848.dll or similar shows up there).

There is a Key called "PageOutWhenUnopened" - double click it and set the value to 00.

Do the same on the other ControlSet sub-keys.

Reboot your machine.

Regards,
Koepi
Old 5th June 2002, 07:33   #32  |  Link
Belgabor
VDubMod Devel

@Koepi: Thx!!! Real simple solution, I hope it works on my machine
(gosh, and that after I tried for several hours to write a proggy doing the graphedit workaround on its own)

Regards
Belgabor
Old 6th June 2002, 10:27   #33  |  Link
Koepi

Eduardo provided me with the necessary information so I can try to code a little app which can switch that key on and off.
Might take some though.

Regards,
Koepi
Old 6th June 2002, 12:23   #34  |  Link
Belgabor
VDubMod Devel

Worked like charm and my keys were exactly the same as yours, Koepi.

Cheers
Belgabor
Old 8th June 2002, 20:51   #35  |  Link
Koepi

I coded a small app that is capable of switching the mode of the driver.
I attached it, but you have to wait for the moderator of this forum to accept the attchment *hint*

I hope this helps.

Before I forget to mention, this just wrks for win2k - I can't find the registry settings in win9x. winXP should work fine as well, please report any success/failure please

Regards,
Koepi
Old 9th June 2002, 12:13   #36  |  Link
Koepi

EDIT: finally I got some reaction

Still, I uploaded the small app to my homepage:

http://roeder.goe.net/~koepi/

Enjoy - and please report success and failure!

Regards,
Koepi

Last edited by Koepi; 9th June 2002 at 12:28.
Old 14th June 2002, 08:35   #37  |  Link
tiki4

Maybe just to complete this:

I tested your app in Windows ME this morning, Koepi. Unfortunately it doesn't work. DScaler kills the whole machine in combination with btwincap drivers.

tiki4
tiki4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2002, 22:51   #38  |  Link
Koepi

Tadaaa!

BtWinCap Drivers v3.5.1 are out.
Multiple cards support, capture region choosable in dshow apps (unfortunately no zoom as bt8x8s don't support that). No fix for the driver being swapped out, so BtWinCapSwitcher is still necessary :-(

tiki4, you may need to send me your registry to search within it, I don't have the time or space (or even a copy of) WinME to test that :-/ Or can you run RegEdit and search for bt878.dll and post me the complete registry key? (something like: \HKLM\blablub\...\{q8935409812349651}\...)

Too bad that Eduardo doesn't even react on my mail or does proomote that tool to get rid of this particular problem (BUT he mentioned the problem itself in the new changelog *grrr*).

Thanks,
Best regards,

Koepi
Old 25th June 2002, 07:42   #39  |  Link
tiki4

@Koep:

yeah, I can search my registry for bt878.dll. I didn't do that yet as I'm too lazy and I'm capturing in Win2K anyway. But you said it doesn't work in any case in Win9x, so why do you think it will in ME? WinMe isn't too much different from 98, so I don't expect miracles here...

I don't have Windows ME here, so I fear you have to wait till tomorrow.

Your app is very useful for me, so thanks for the work.

tiki4
Old 27th June 2002, 10:07   #40  |  Link
tiki4

@Koepi:

I sent you an email yesterday. I attached the part of the registry you wanted to have. So I guess it would be possible to modify BtWinCapSwitcher to work in Windows ME as well. I hope you find the time to have a look at that.

Regards,

tiki4