Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 17th May 2019, 15:48   #16941  |  Link
JASAN

Batch Compressing M2ts files

Hello Atak, thanks again for the program.

Im using version 1.24, and when I add m2ts file using batch moe, they add successfully. But they wont compress, I get this message.

[avisynth @ 0000015d7cd1d1c0] FFVideoSource: Can't open '\\EARTH\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv'
(E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\getinfo.avs, line 7)
E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\getinfo.avs: Unknown error occurred

The video.mkv file its looking for does not exist. I can browse to that location successfully from all networked computers.

What should I do to fix this?

Thanks again

Edit - I found a solution, I renamed the files to m2t. I hadnt noticed that the m2ts files didnt have audio either when brought into rip bot.

Last edited by JASAN; 17th May 2019 at 16:21.
JASAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2019, 23:28   #16942  |  Link
GZZ

The en dash (–) is slightly wider than the hyphen (-) but narrower than the em dash (—). The typical computer keyboard lacks a dedicated key for the en dash, though most word processors provide a means for its insertion.

had a filename with the "en dash" in it and it will make several batch job fail because it handles the file symbol wrong and cant find the file. Dont know if its possible to warn if input filename contains symbols that are not allowed.
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2019, 00:21   #16943  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

In Windows, hold the Alt key and type in the numeric block before you release it:
en dash – = ANSI char 0150
em dash — = ANSI char 0151

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 19th May 2019 at 00:23.
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2019, 16:54   #16944  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZZ View Post
The en dash (–) is slightly wider than the hyphen (-) but narrower than the em dash (—). The typical computer keyboard lacks a dedicated key for the en dash, though most word processors provide a means for its insertion.

had a filename with the "en dash" in it and it will make several batch job fail because it handles the file symbol wrong and cant find the file. Dont know if its possible to warn if input filename contains symbols that are not allowed.
Other symbols/characters are an issue to.
Maybe a job to strip characters that aren't supported before import? (as a non-default option)
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2019, 23:56   #16945  |  Link
chainring

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
Is there any chance of adding qaac audio? I've been reading and it seems to be the best AAC encoder
Been looking at not using separate programs to handle subs and audio and just use RipBot for everything.
QAAC isn't an encoder. Rather, it's a wrapper for the iTunes AAC Windows encoder.

When encoding music to AAC (m4a), I use QAAC and the latest installed version of iTunes on Windows. Works well...
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2019, 16:56   #16946  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainring View Post
QAAC isn't an encoder. Rather, it's a wrapper for the iTunes AAC Windows encoder.

When encoding music to AAC (m4a), I use QAAC and the latest installed version of iTunes on Windows. Works well...
Why does everyone call it an encoder: https://www.videohelp.com/software/qaac
What is the difference in a wrapper and encoder in this case?
I thought the 3 main encoders for AAC were FHG, FKD, and QAAC
Old 22nd May 2019, 18:42   #16947  |  Link
stax76

Relying on batch files is a suboptimal solution, in particular on Win 7 because there is trouble with certain types of characters.

The solution is ShellExecuteEx.

Code:
proc.File = "cmd.exe"
proc.Arguments = "/S /C """ + commandLine + """"

Last edited by stax76; 22nd May 2019 at 18:44.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2019, 20:46   #16948  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Hey Atak,

thank you for the very nice tool!!

I tried to recode some anime series with more than one audio stream.
How do I enable "keep all languages and simply xcopy the stream" in batch mode?
So far, only one language is preserved.

Edit: I looked into to the temp folder - both audio streams are demuxed and present in the job folders - but only one is remuxed into the final encode. Tested it with several different sources.

Last edited by ReinerSchweinlin; 23rd May 2019 at 22:27.
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2019, 18:35   #16949  |  Link
stryker412

Question about x265. I finally have a player that can natively play x265 without any transcoding on the server's part. I was looking to re-rip a TV Show I have. When I loaded up an episode in Ripbot and looked at the settings between HEVC and x264, I saw no file size difference on 2-pass. I thought H265 was supposed to save on file size?
stryker412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2019, 19:22   #16950  |  Link
sneaker_ger

filesize = bitrate * duration

If you set x264 and x265 to the same bitrate encoding the very same e.g. 90 minutes movie then the filesizes will be identical. HEVC marketing tells you HEVC can achieve the same quality as AVC at half the bitrate but that's marketing. In reality it is highly dependend on the source material and the target bitrate. At very low bitrates HEVC may easily achieve those 50% but at higher bitrates AVC and HEVC aren't much different. Since "quality" is subjective you may want to do a few test encodes yourself.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2019, 21:02   #16951  |  Link
stryker412

Thank you. Yes I was setting them to the same specs so that could be why. I generally keep TV episodes at 4-5Mbps.
Old 27th May 2019, 16:56   #16952  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker412 View Post
Thank you. Yes I was setting them to the same specs so that could be why. I generally keep TV episodes at 4-5Mbps.
Try CRF with HEVC unless you want similar sizes for all of your movies. CRF goes for similar quality. Start at 22 and go lower (better quality) or higher depending on if things meet your expectations.
Old 27th May 2019, 21:45   #16953  |  Link
GZZ

When RibBoot264 is set to shutdown after encoding several movies and you the day after starts up RibBot264, then it dosnt keep the history of the encoding. Normally a job is like [Job 1] ...... and when it finish it says HH:MM:SS [Job 1]..... or *Errror* [Job 1]..... so you know it finished properly or not. But this info isnt saved when using the shutdown client/server, then it just looks like the job has never started.
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2019, 21:44   #16954  |  Link
chainring

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
Why does everyone call it an encoder: https://www.videohelp.com/software/qaac
What is the difference in a wrapper and encoder in this case?
I thought the 3 main encoders for AAC were FHG, FKD, and QAAC
The difference being, QAAC on its own doesn't do anything. It cannot encode audio without the needed dlls from iTunes, whether that's an installed copy of iTunes or ones extracted from the installer.

I can see why QAAC is listed under the encoder section on Video Help, but it's still not an encoder, per se.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2019, 17:07   #16955  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainring View Post
The difference being, QAAC on its own doesn't do anything. It cannot encode audio without the needed dlls from iTunes, whether that's an installed copy of iTunes or ones extracted from the installer.

I can see why QAAC is listed under the encoder section on Video Help, but it's still not an encoder, per se.
Either way QAAC audio output is different than the versions in RipBot right now.

Last edited by byteshare; 5th June 2019 at 18:34.
Old 6th June 2019, 01:51   #16956  |  Link
stryker412

Does Ripbot support UHD rips? I am getting an audio error when trying to load up the source file.

Old 6th June 2019, 04:24   #16957  |  Link
brumsky

Encoding Priority

Hey Atak_Snajpera,

Any idea why my 2nd encoding server has encoding priority set to normal? I have a server running Win 2016 with an up to date copy of ripbot and a PC with Win10 same version of ripbot. The PC has it's priority set to normal instead of low... The server gets the correct setting of low for it's encoder.

I've tried running the encoding server.exe from the server on the PC via a file share. No change.

running the updater on both systems. no change.

Double and triple checking that low priority is set in the .ini file.

Any other ideas?

Thanks, ripbot is awesome of course!!
brumsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 12:29   #16958  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by brumsky View Post
Hey Atak_Snajpera,

Any idea why my 2nd encoding server has encoding priority set to normal? I have a server running Win 2016 with an up to date copy of ripbot and a PC with Win10 same version of ripbot. The PC has it's priority set to normal instead of low... The server gets the correct setting of low for it's encoder.

I've tried running the encoding server.exe from the server on the PC via a file share. No change.

running the updater on both systems. no change.

Double and triple checking that low priority is set in the .ini file.

Any other ideas?

Thanks, ripbot is awesome of course!!
Show me some screenshots because at the moment I do not know what you mean exactly.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 15:47   #16959  |  Link
brumsky

Atak_Snajpera,

Here is a screenshot. It is the Encoding Priority, which is set to normal instead of low.

https://imgur.com/GgbUsjV

Thanks again!
brumsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 16:32   #16960  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Try this
Code:
EncodingServer.exe /priority low
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360