Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 17th March 2007, 06:34   #1361  |  Link
schizosmurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by nx6
PPC? So you're using a Mac?
PPC = Pocket PC, i have a Treo 700 which runs Windows Mobile 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw View Post
@schizosmurf
not only could be {} but also: are you able to play the file with mediaplayer classic / virtualdub ?

BHH
renamed the source file to just Bleach19.avi and still same result. also plays fine in mpc and virtualdub(with which it was originally encoded to xvid)

i think i've figured out the problem or part of it. didnt really read this the first few times but when i open up automkv, Vista gives the error "COM surrogate has stopped working." Heres the details of the error.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DllHost.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b14e
Fault Module Name: ffvfw.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 3eafd738
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00027742
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8d13
Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Additional Information 3: 8d13
Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

so i would be led to believe that there is some incompatibility between ffvfw.dll and Vista, right? any ideas/thoughts?

EDIT: uninstalled ffdshow, and the windows error stopped occuring upon opening automkv, but still getting the exact same behavior when i try to encode. so i guess that had nothing to do with it

Last edited by schizosmurf; 17th March 2007 at 10:32. Reason: did further testing
Old 17th March 2007, 10:13   #1362  |  Link
BleedingGums

Is there a way to manually assign an audio delay without resorting to avs scripts? if not, it would me neat if there was.
Old 17th March 2007, 10:19   #1363  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

@nx6
ADDED: In nex update if a file named "noneroAacEnc.here" is present in \exe\besweet folder , AutoMKV will not ask to download

@weaver4
this audio have some problem, on next update will be no more loop and "should be encoded ok"

@dlflannery
no, sorry, i have mispelled something
i wnat to invoke the mkvmaudio.avs (with soundout plugin) with ffmpeg.exe like "ffmpeg.exe mkvmaudio.avs". I don't want to use ffmpeg for audio but soundout
a big thanks anyway for your support !!!!

@nx6
as i wrote "usually" isn't needed.
a crf encoding is aimed , again usually, to a unknow file size, so the autoresize is a little non-sense. Autoresize has a reason to be used in conjuction with CRF AND Hit media Size

@schizosmurf
automkv on start don't load any dll... (and i haven't installed vista)... trying to upgrade ffdshow ?? or running automkv in winxp compatibility mode ?

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
Old 17th March 2007, 10:22   #1364  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
Is there a way to manually assign an audio delay without resorting to avs scripts? if not, it would me neat if there was.
i use delaycut to "fix" the delay, so to fix the delay you must change the filename to moviexxx 420ms.ac3 .... into moviexxx 820ms.ac3
isn't as megui that use the delay function of mkvmerge when muxing

BHH
Old 17th March 2007, 10:57   #1365  |  Link
delacroixp
Emperor building empire

@buzzqw

Quote:
EDIT: @delacroixp
besweet doens't work with avisynth, doesn't work with any file where is needed directshow , are you able to extract audio from an mkv with besweet ?
I think my first movie was with MeGUI where I encoded the sound with BeSweet and then muxed it with MkvToolnix(ver 2.0.2) MkvMerge GUI.

I've been encoding 'Band of Brothers' with video-only... hoping to generate the soundtrack with BeSweet in VBR (Streaming quality) and then mux them together...
Encoding with video-only (using ConstantQuality-CRF) has allowed me to better guage filesize and the Quantizer required to fit everything (including extras) onto 1 4.5 GB DVD. I've downsized the resolution by 50% and I'm still hoping to downmix some of the extras into MONO... it's getting a bit tight...
With a quantizer of 24 and comparable VBR-audio... the quality is far from perfect but still pretty incredible...

Perhaps the right way may well be to drop the resolution to 640x368 (instead of 720x400) and use a 20 quantizer... I like the idea of 1 Disc fits all... though I'm also working on a 2 disc, full resolution (1024x576) version. The complete series is over 10 hours and 34GB... so I guess "H264 is a serious over-achiever".

I've got a few hrs of encoding on the run... so I'll have to check later...
OK... so what you're saying is "BeSweet audio boost, etc is all good... but you can't automate the process into a single job".

Pascal

Last edited by delacroixp; 17th March 2007 at 13:06. Reason: Factual errors
Old 17th March 2007, 11:51   #1366  |  Link
vgiozo

I encoded a movie with the new build 0.78c and the audio volume is quite low...how come? Is there sth I can do to fix it?
I encoded audio with Nero AAC at a constant bitrate of 160kbps stero...

EDIT:

I played the .ac3 file in the temp folder and the volume is normal...probably sth wrong with the downmixing? dont' know...

Last edited by vgiozo; 17th March 2007 at 11:59.
Old 17th March 2007, 14:38   #1367  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

@vgiozo
have you update first to 0.78a and then to 0.78c?

the 0.78a fixes problem with "normalize" fuction (volume boost)

@delacroixp
maybe my english isn't enough, with besweet is impossible to catch audio from files avi/ogm/mkv/mp4
the two only way to grab audio from those file are
1) demux audio: to worry and dangerous, even more tools will be needed
2) processing with directshowsource and feed varius encoder with this audio

if you are able to use besweet with avs (without using fake avi), tell me

BHH
Old 17th March 2007, 15:01   #1368  |  Link
delacroixp
Emperor building empire

@buzznq

Quote:
@delacroixp
maybe my english isn't enough, with besweet is impossible to catch audio from files avi/ogm/mkv/mp4
the two only way to grab audio from those file are
1) demux audio: to worry and dangerous, even more tools will be needed
2) processing with directshowsource and feed varius encoder with this audio

if you are able to use besweet with avs (without using fake avi), tell me
Maybe your English isn't so gr8... but I'm seriously clueless about scripts, ogm, etc and while I know demuxing avi is off-the-cards... probably 90% of the people out there are encoding movies from VOB's which have notoriously poor volume and could benefit from something like BeSweet's audio boost.

Dr DivX 2 OSS uses a system of sampling to gauge the necessary audio boost and then implement the change... also good but not quite perfect.

Pascal
Old 17th March 2007, 15:10   #1369  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

@delacroixp
feel free to use whatever program you want

@vgiozo
got the strange case... aacgain.exe is fuctional with quality encoding (-q ) but isn't fuctional with -CBR...
strange...
i will search for a solution!

EDIT better answer: is unable to normalize HE_AAC/SBR files

BHH

Last edited by buzzqw; 17th March 2007 at 15:25.
Old 17th March 2007, 15:45   #1370  |  Link
vgiozo

Ok, Thanks for the info...
So if I encode the movie and use quality mode in audio processing, the volume will be normal?
I'll try and report back...

I had encoded another movie which had ac3 6ch audio with 0.78a and the same thing had happened, but did not notice low volume with movies that had ac3 2ch...that's why I thought of sth going "wrong" with the downmixing procedure, but I cannot support this guess...

I 'll reencode and report back...thanks for the great support...
Old 17th March 2007, 18:01   #1371  |  Link
weaver4

The problems that I was having with being unable to encode audio and the looping problem seem to be related to an old version of avisynth on my computer. I updated it and it started working. Apperantly 0.76 would work with the version avisynth I had and 0.78 wouldn't.

Sorry....my bad.
Old 17th March 2007, 18:06   #1372  |  Link
Konstantin_by

Hello

I tryed to encode with Automkv 0.78c: profile x264 HQ-slowest, mp4, couding tech acc 64 kbits, 704 width resolution. ON version 0.72 all works great. But on 0.78c video doesn't want to encode.
Maybe all that happen becouse use of AviSynth 2.5?

Sorry for my English.
Old 17th March 2007, 18:22   #1373  |  Link
RipcordAFF

Hey the program has been runnning fantastic and I loved it under XP but now I am running vista and I have problems. It does the Indexing fine I think, but any step where it opens the cmd window (testing interlace pattern, lets encode etc) It just flashes the cmd, closes it immediatly and moves to the next step. So it never does any actual encoding... any ideas? Thanks!

BTW Ive also tried running it under compatibility mode, still does same thing

Last edited by RipcordAFF; 17th March 2007 at 18:24.
Old 17th March 2007, 18:40   #1374  |  Link
delacroixp
Emperor building empire

@buzzqw

Quote:
@delacroixp
feel free to use whatever program you want
Ta and for all the fish.

What kind of audio boost does AutoMKV use ?

I'm not averse to a little hands-on and H264 is the forefront of modern movie encoding... so I'm sure you know what's best for the community at large, given the limitations of software.

Pascal
Old 17th March 2007, 19:03   #1375  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

@weaver4

i no more use bepipe but soundout (link in AutoMKV changelog!)

i will update the dependices to AviSynth 2.57!
Thanks!

@Konstantin_by

maybe... try upgrading avisynth build (link on first post)

@RipcordAFF
Bautodeint.exe NEED a yv12 decoder installed
Install the Koepi XviD Build (link on first post)

@delacroixp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replay_Gain
is a very good Normalizer

@ALL
In next update (full package) i will include ffmpeg.exe for invoking SoundOut fuction. From my test seems more stable and faster then xvid/x264 when calling SoundOut.
I tested even VirtualDub , that's proven even more stable, but is a little slower.
Also using ffmpeg i can force the encoding directly with ffmpeg (in mp3) when both nicaudio / directshowsource / SoundOut fail

BHH
Old 17th March 2007, 19:35   #1376  |  Link
schizosmurf

[QUOTE=buzzqw;971677
automkv on start don't load any dll... (and i haven't installed vista)... trying to upgrade ffdshow ?? or running automkv in winxp compatibility mode ?

BHH[/QUOTE]

yea, that dll was bein loaded when vista tries to render the video for creating thumbnails in explorer. had nothing to do with the workings of AMKV. i tried reencoding the file with vitrual dub to a smaller size xvid .avi and there was a warnign when i loaded the source file
[*] AVI: Opening file "C:\Users\schizosmurf\Videos\Bleach\Bleach19.avi"

[!] AVI: Stream 0 (video) has a non-zero start position of 3 samples (+125
ms). VirtualDub does not currently support a non-zero start time and the
stream will be interpreted as starting from zero.

so maybe the non-zero starting point is the problem and explains why the AMKV error log showed

10:19:20 Number of Frames:
10:19:20 Framerate:
10:19:20 Movie lenght in Seconds: 0
10:19:20 Movie Width:
10:19:20 Movie Height:
10:19:20 !!! BREAK - FILE NOT SUPPORTED !!!

0 frames 0 framerate movie length of 0 width/height of zero, obviously these are all incorrect stats for the source file...

also is ffdshow even needed?
Old 17th March 2007, 20:21   #1377  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
AVI: Stream 0 (video) has a non-zero start position of 3 samples (+125 ms). VirtualDub does not currently support a non-zero start time and the stream will be interpreted as starting from zero.
if virtualdub open this file then something good could be done!

after opening (in virtualdub) in "video" select direct stream copy and the same for audio, then go to file and save it with a new name

your problem should be fixed

BHH
Old 17th March 2007, 20:39   #1378  |  Link
schizosmurf

Quote:
if virtualdub open this file then something good could be done!

after opening (in virtualdub) in "video" select direct stream copy and the same for audio, then go to file and save it with a new name

your problem should be fixed

BHH
just tried that and same result, seems vdub copied the "non-zero starting point" into the new file. i even tried cutting out the first ~1s hoping it would then create a new starting point in teh new file, but it stills keeps the "non-zero starting point"
Old 17th March 2007, 21:58   #1379  |  Link
nx6
Playing with MKV files...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgiozo View Post
I encoded audio with Nero AAC at a constant bitrate of 160kbps
Which setting is that? I still haven't deciphered the steps on the 0-1 quality scale that's used in the settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delacroixp View Post
Sounds awesome... does the entire encode need to be in grayscale to truly benefit ?
I'm keen to encode 'The World at War' and 'The Cold War' series both of which are over 20 hrs long and 'mostly' in B&W... but not completely.
Since you were interested, I'm trying the full colorspace vs. greyscale colorspace encode comparison right now. I have the "full color" one done, but the grayscale one is not encoding. I'll have to do it again and pay more attention, post logs, etc before I see if this is going to work.

@ALL

Does anyone know of a video player for WindowsXP that is more efficient at playing X264 video than VLC media player.

I was having an issue with video freezing up for several seconds at a time or occasionally having high action portions of the screen scrambled, but audio plays normally through during this brief interruption. After looking at my system monitor during these times, I have come to the horrible realization my CPU is not powerful enough to play back some parts of the files I am creating! But another computer in the house (not mine) is able to play them back.

Would my graphics card have any effect on playback performance? I have a very low end graphics card and would be willing to replace it if it would fix this issue.
Old 17th March 2007, 22:24   #1380  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

@schizosmurf
try this
create an avs script with directshowsource("c:\my_broken_avi.avi") #where the file name is the name of broken one's

feed automkv with this file (both for audio and video)
try encoding

@nx6
on advanced audio setting is possible to select the -CBR or -BR setting for Nero

Quote:
Does anyone know of a video player for WindowsXP that is more efficient at playing X264 video than VLC media player.
1) mediaplayer classic + latest ffdshow + haali media splitter
2) mediaplayer classic +coreavc + haali media splitter
3) mplayer

Quote:
Would my graphics card have any effect on playback performance?
newer ATI and Nvidea graphics card have integrated h264 decoders (iirc)

BHH
Closed Thread