Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27th February 2013, 12:53   #1  |  Link
ssdt

old movie editing

I have a couple of old films in my languauge, which is bengali. They are at a really bad quality. There are grains in the picture, the sound is blurry and there is a slanted motion at the top of each frame. I could remove that top by cropping the picture but for the other parts, does anyone know what I should use? What type of filters are the best fir old movies?

thank you
ssdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 13:18   #2  |  Link
steptoe

Please post a short clip of about 5-10 minutes, NOT a screenshot, you will get much more help and people will do their best to try and clean that clip up to give you a good start as to what filters and what could be managed in cleaning it up. Its a trade off between cleaning it up to the point of loosing slight quality or cleaning it up totally but having a worse result

Problem is, each film will be different in the filters used. Or are they all just as bad as each other

I'm guessing, if they are old Bengali films they will be very poor quality VHS multiple generation transfers as I've searched for very old Indian films for friends at work and had not much luck apart from even poorer YouTube transfers of very old but still very popular 'classics'
steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 15:16   #3  |  Link

Also, don't forget forum rule 6, as your description of the source raises doubts as to its origin.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote