Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 7th August 2003, 16:05   #301  |  Link
digitalman

Quote:
Originally posted by deXtoRious
Well, I still can't open the file... I made sure my avs script was as primitive as possible:
  • #Loading plugins
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\Plugins\Mpeg2Dec3.dll")

#Opening file
    MPEG2SOURCE("E:\Video\DVD\Basic\Basic.d2v")

trim(13112,29824)

It still shows the same error (tried with AutoRV9, VDubMod and WMPlayer)
Download this version of DVD2AVI. You should not have any issue with the latest MPEG2DEC3.
http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/Decoders/DVD2AVIT3.zip
digitalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2003, 20:54   #302  |  Link
deXtoRious

Now it opens perfectly! My version of DVD2AVI was ancient, I suppose. Thanks!
deXtoRious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2003, 23:47   #303  |  Link
Cyberia

New Request

Nic, could you add something to make the mediaplayer slider bar work when opening mpeg2dec3-avs scripts in mediaplayer?

In otherwords, if you open a script in mediaplayer and the script uses meg2dec3, you can't randomly access the video in mp.

DirectShow often has the same problem and I think Shodan is working on that one.
Cyberia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2003, 00:26   #304  |  Link
killingspree
Newbie Forum Mod

little hint: do NOT use MP
use bsplayer, MPC, etc

steVe
Old 17th September 2003, 18:34   #305  |  Link
rududu author
Nicolas

It seems I have found a bug :

I use mpeg2dec3 v1.10 in vdubmod and using this script I don't get the same result if I run vdubmod in visual 6 debugger or if I run it normaly. It appear that in the debugger the full frame is post processed and outside the debugger only half the frame is post processed.
Here is the image I get inside the debugger, and there is the image outside.

this is the difference.

If I set the post processing to 0, there is no more difference.

Nicolas
rududu author is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2003, 17:27   #306  |  Link
gino25

any news?

No more develoment?

This thread appears died.

Hello
gino25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2003, 17:56   #307  |  Link
WarpEnterprises
C64

neuron2 developed it further, he corrected the missing-frame bug and made a suiting DVD2AVI.
Look at http://www.neuron2.net/
WarpEnterprises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2003, 18:24   #308  |  Link
jonny

The direct link is:
http://neuron2.net/fixd2v/decodefix.html
jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2003, 11:19   #309  |  Link
gino25

any spedd optimizations?

I' m very interested in speed

Thank you for help, and sorry for my bad english
gino25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2003, 06:15   #310  |  Link
Kyo
Anime Team!

.TS support

And even maybe Neuron2 will contatc TimeCop and ask him to add te TransportStream support and the .aac demuxing part that this guy add to the last pre-Neuron-Fix DVD2AVI.

More info and SouceCode at http://pbx.mine.nu/dvd2avi/

BTW Neuron2 thank you for make this tool even more great!
Old 19th December 2003, 07:53   #311  |  Link
timecop
Senior Hater

Re: .TS support

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyo
And even maybe Neuron2 will contatc TimeCop and ask him to add te TransportStream support and the .aac demuxing part that this guy add to the last pre-Neuron-Fix DVD2AVI.

More info and SouceCode at http://pbx.mine.nu/dvd2avi/

BTW Neuron2 thank you for make this tool even more great!
Huh?...
that dvd2avi-ts is mine, and there wasnt much "work" involved, other than cut & pasting existing code and making it work.
I'm not sure of the usefullness (for me) of dg's "decode fix", since dvd2avi-ts isnt used for pirating DVDs, which seems to be the only use for dvd2avi these days, anyhow, to stay on topic, since ts files are naturally just cut from random places in the broadcast, none of the cuts are ever going to be on frame 0, so it doesn't really matter if it misses a frame in the end or adds less frames at the end, so whatever or something.
Someone wants to give me a good reason why dvd2avi-dg should be used for this -ts hack, and I'll look into it, also I noticed it fucks up on BS-i streams by finding wrong AAC sequence, if someone knows whats hte point of the LOCATE macro in dvd2avi source (perhaps this is the reason, I've got rid of it in the ts reading code).
timecop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2003, 12:32   #312  |  Link
WarpEnterprises
C64

Re: Re: .TS support

Quote:
...used for pirating DVDs..
remember, DVB (digital SAT) is mpeg2,too.
WarpEnterprises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2003, 12:45   #313  |  Link
timecop
Senior Hater

Quote:
remember, DVB (digital SAT) is mpeg2,too.
Yes, but this forum doesnt discuss things not related to DVD pirating.
So you (and I) are getting off-topic here. Besides, since they clustered together HDTV DVB *and* TIVO (wtf) together in one forum, there's no chance any kind of useful discussion will ever take place.

Now if you wanted to get instructions how to buy a $25 dvd and then spend 3 days screwing around with it, and then burn it on a 2x ritek blank at 4x and say that you are l33t because you
a) stuck it to 'the man' (by pirating the dvd)
b) burned it at 4x on 2x media (and saved yourself money)
c) will find out in a month that media deteriorated and can no longer be played.
d) you feel warm and cozy because you are watching a cheap $1 pirated copy after you spent a lot of time breaking the law making it.

Anyway...
timecop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2003, 16:58   #314  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@timecop: I think you've been previously asked to not engage in this kind of destructive discussion so I'm asking you again to drop the subject.
You don't strike me as the average immature kid who has nothing better to do with his free-time, and you seem quite knowledgeable in an area that I have yet to explore (we got a DVB-S setup at home last week.. as soon as my DVB-S card gets here I plan to pursue that subject and broaden the scope of my site to deal with more non DVD related issues as capturing and processing digital TV content) so why not contribute where you can without all the fuss around it?

You don't see the reason for backup up DVDs. Fine, I won't bore you with lengthy examples of possible legit use. I thought if you're not interested in a subject why even bother with it? Why not just stay out of it?

Quote:
since they clustered together HDTV DVB *and* TIVO (wtf) together in one forum, there's no chance any kind of useful discussion will ever take place.
This is for the beginning. Forums are created, merged, removed in function of the number of people visiting and participating. I admit that so far we have been unable to really drive into those topics but I plan to change that. I'll personally lead the charge into the DVB field (I'm afraid I can't help out in the other subjects because I don't have access to HDTV material). I need a few knowledgeable volunteers for the other subjects. You seem knowledgeable enough in the HDTV area, so would you be interested in writing some guides on the subject? I believe that this would help to increase our non DVD audience. I think we'll see a lot more of non DVD stuff on this very forum in the near future but it requires a few knowledgeable and motivated people to really get things started.
Old 22nd March 2004, 20:30   #315  |  Link
Marcel
creating mobile media

Quote:
Originally posted by Nic
Cool Ill write Marc FD and see if I can get AC3Source sourcecode off him. Not releasing it is against GPL, and the classes I added to MPASource make adding MPEG stream support very easy to any filter.

-Nic
Did you have success ( = did you get the source code)?
Marcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 13:27   #316  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswaino2 View Post
From the looks of things DVD2AVI has been replaced with DGIndex for quite some time now with alot of fixes compared to DVD2AVI.
Is it even needed anymore when using the newer DVD2AVI replacement?
You'll find the DGIndex (which happens to be Neuron2's heavily improved and updated version of DVD2AVI) ships with it's own DGDecode.dll - so no, MPEG2DEC3.DLL is not needed anymore, and probably won't work with DGIndex's output anyway...

np: Gravenhurst - Saints (The Western Lands)