Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 31st August 2003, 21:07   #1  |  Link
fusion007
getting there member

to rip or not to rip (using big three)

i have just bought lotr-tt and i decided to rip it to my hd im going to divx-it so i can have it on my pc also i have just made a back up using ic and im not happy with the quality so my question is can i use (the big three) doitf4u using hdd demux or will i encounter probs(will i have to rip the film again).thanks in advance
Old 31st August 2003, 21:13   #2  |  Link
idbirch2

Well hopefully you ripped to an ISO file using DVDDecrypter in which case all you have to do is mount it on a virtual drive. If you ripped in file mode HDD demux is now supposed to work but if you have the disc anyway just make an ISO image as mentioned before.

DoItFast4U made an excellent job of disc 1 for me but I'm still in the middle of disc 2 which is giving me hell.
idbirch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2003, 21:19   #3  |  Link
fusion007
getting there member

unfortunately i ripped in file mode,but i guess ill have to rip it again! ill give hd-demux a go and see what happens(im having to learn the old ways of doing dvd-back-ups again).
Old 1st September 2003, 10:43   #4  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

I strongly suggest to make an iso. HDD demux can give you problems and if you ask a solution for it, the standard answer will be do rip to an iso. So waste 15 minutes reripping and save a lot of time afterwards.

Quote:
DoItFast4U made an excellent job of disc 1 for me but I'm still in the middle of disc 2 which is giving me hell.
I'm sure disc one will be easy, it only contains the movie. What's the problem with disc 2?

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
influenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2003, 11:23   #5  |  Link
idbirch2

Quote:
What's the problem with disc 2
I started a thread about the reliability of Field Order detection because of the problems I was having with the interlaced material on this disc. Even when I deinterlace I'm still having problems when importing into Scenarist. Just about to do this again so I will let you know what the errors are if I get them again.
Old 1st September 2003, 11:25   #6  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

i do not get the relation between de(interlacing) and importing into scenarist. Why would this make any difference? I don't think scenarist cares too much if the source is interlaced or not, but more if the file is dvd compliant.

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
Old 1st September 2003, 12:00   #7  |  Link
idbirch2

No, I didn't mean the Scenarist errors were interlacing related just that I had loads of grief with de-interlacing and once I'd figured that out Scenarist thought it would stick the boot in too - completely unrelated. I hope.
Old 1st September 2003, 12:10   #8  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

oh you mean the thread about topfield etc. Yest thing can be complicated/unclear. If everything goes without any trouble all the time, thing would get to dull