Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 17th April 2004, 15:11   #41  |  Link
Sir Didymus

@jdobbs

hem..., sorry, hem...,
it is the cell elapsed time that (obviously) is reset to 0 at every new cell...

The first Navpack of the first cell in the title has the following info:

VOB ID 1
CELL ID 1
SCR 00000000.000
CELL ELAPSED TIME 00:00:00.00 / 25 fps

The first GOP of the first cell in the title has the following info:

SCR 00000146.085
GOP bit flags / time stamp 00:59:59.16

The first Navpack of the second cell in the title has the following info:

VOB ID 1
CELL ID 2
SCR 29682249.042

The first GOP of the second cell in the title has the following info:

SCR 29682395.128
GOP bit flags / time stamp 01:05:29.14
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2004, 15:34   #42  |  Link
Sir Didymus

further details...

In the vob produced by DVD-RB 0.40 there are little differencies respect to the original (just posted...).

The encoded frames in the first cell are 8248...

Here is what happen with RB 0.40

The first Navpack of the first cell in the title has the following info:

VOB ID 1
CELL ID 1
SCR 00000000.000

The first GOP of the first cell in the title has the following info:

SCR 00000146.086
GOP bit flags / time stamp 00:00:00.00

The first Navpack of the second cell in the title has the following info:

VOB ID 1
CELL ID 2
SCR 29692800.042

The first GOP of the second cell in the title has the following info:

SCR 29692946.086
GOP bit flags / time stamp 00:05:29.23

Last edited by Sir Didymus; 17th April 2004 at 15:37.
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2004, 09:16   #43  |  Link
RB
Retired

Wow, looks like the stuttering problem is fixed. Glad I could help. Congratulations, jdobbs!
Quote:
Originally posted by jdobbs
I've also modified the code so the timestamp increments through the entire VTS... I'll see if that has any affect when I play back the test disc I'm creating.
Maybe for full perfection, you could account for "timestamp resets" present in the original. IOW, whenever there's a "reset" in the timestamp in the original (most likely tagged as "Layer Break" in IFOEdit), reset your timestamp to start counting from the value in the original.
RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2004, 17:24   #44  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by RB
Wow, looks like the stuttering problem is fixed. Glad I could help. Congratulations, jdobbs!

Maybe for full perfection, you could account for "timestamp resets" present in the original. IOW, whenever there's a "reset" in the timestamp in the original (most likely tagged as "Layer Break" in IFOEdit), reset your timestamp to start counting from the value in the original.
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the resets, and they don't count as layer breaks or discontinuities. As I mentioned earlier, I looked a recent NTSC movie and every single GOP had a timestamp of zero.

I think the stuttering wasn't caused by the reset to zero, but the fact that the first GOP wasn't zero, but the second went "back in time"...
Old 20th April 2004, 02:46   #45  |  Link
wmansir

I didn't notice anything wrong with the clock/timer on my last test,which I think was with .40, however I didn't notice it was correct either. I did notice that my player was acting buggy. I wanted to check out a stutter that happened about 8-10 seconds after a chapter point. So I was was FF/RW around the area and all of a sudden it jumped to the next chapter. I though perhaps I had hit the wrong button by accident, but then it happened again, several times. I'm not going to say it was definitely a build issue because, like I said, the media died on the next rewrite ten minutes later. So it could easily have been a burn issue.

OT rant:
I hate not buying media in bulk, but I don't know exactly what RW media my burner likes (even this Verbatim +RW that came with the drive did like burning over 4GB and now it's dead after 10 rewrites tops) so I only wanted to get a few DVD+/-RW. I went to my local Walmart tonight and all they had for RWs were 3-packs of Memorex for $12. After jdobb's suggestion I was prepared for $10, but I'm not paying $4 a disc when I can get better discs for almost $1 in bulk. So I went to Staples, the only other place I know of that sells them locally. They were even worse, only having 5-packs of Sony for $25. I also noticed they had 25 packs of TDK for $100! What is this, 2002?

After looking around I finally placed an order with Rima.com for a 10 pack of Ritek +RWs for $15 + $6 ground. I haven't ordered from them before but they have excellent marks at resellerratings.com. I can't wait for them to get here because that darn stutter is the only thing keeping me from actually using DVD-RB as a primary backup method. So I would like to make some tests to confirm that bug is dead. Plus I really want to be able to test out BOV and Multi-angle once jdobbs starts working on them.
wmansir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2004, 03:27   #46  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by wmansir
I didn't notice anything wrong with the clock/timer on my last test,which I think was with .40, however I didn't notice it was correct either. I did notice that my player was acting buggy. I wanted to check out a stutter that happened about 8-10 seconds after a chapter point. So I was was FF/RW around the area and all of a sudden it jumped to the next chapter. I though perhaps I had hit the wrong button by accident, but then it happened again, several times. I'm not going to say it was definitely a build issue because, like I said, the media died on the next rewrite ten minutes later. So it could easily have been a burn issue.

OT rant:
I hate not buying media in bulk, but I don't know exactly what RW media my burner likes (even this Verbatim +RW that came with the drive did like burning over 4GB and now it's dead after 10 rewrites tops) so I only wanted to get a few DVD+/-RW. I went to my local Walmart tonight and all they had for RWs were 3-packs of Memorex for $12. After jdobb's suggestion I was prepared for $10, but I'm not paying $4 a disc when I can get better discs for almost $1 in bulk. So I went to Staples, the only other place I know of that sells them locally. They were even worse, only having 5-packs of Sony for $25. I also noticed they had 25 packs of TDK for $100! What is this, 2002?

After looking around I finally placed an order with Rima.com for a 10 pack of Ritek +RWs for $15 + $6 ground. I haven't ordered from them before but they have excellent marks at resellerratings.com. I can't wait for them to get here because that darn stutter is the only thing keeping me from actually using DVD-RB as a primary backup method. So I would like to make some tests to confirm that bug is dead. Plus I really want to be able to test out BOV and Multi-angle once jdobbs starts working on them.
Check out version 0.42. All stutters are history. Start using it...
Old 20th April 2004, 09:33   #47  |  Link
RB
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by jdobbs
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the resets, and they don't count as layer breaks or discontinuities. As I mentioned earlier, I looked a recent NTSC movie and every single GOP had a timestamp of zero.
OK... so the whole NTSC drop-frame timecodes issue isn't relevant to DVD-RB either, right? You never enable the drop_frame ECL option for NTSC?
RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2004, 02:42   #48  |  Link
wgw

Quote:
Originally posted by wmansir
After looking around I finally placed an order with Rima.com for a 10 pack of Ritek +RWs for $15 + $6 ground. I haven't ordered from them before but they have excellent marks at resellerratings.com.
Rima is the best. Cheap prices and cheap shipping. And great customer service. They even gave me a total refund once when my priorty shipment did not get delivered on time and let me keep the media.
wgw is offline   Reply With Quote