Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 2nd March 2002, 02:18   #1  |  Link
padre

Unable to play burned DVD in DVD player

I'm having a problem getting a DVD copy to play in my stand-alone DVD player(s). I can play it just fine in the Pioneer A03 I created it in, using PowerDVD.

Here's what I did, creating two DVDs from a single DVD-9 (total about 8gb), I split the creation based on multiple chapters. I ran the IfoEdit, according to the guide posted here, and it created the appropriate files. Burned them to DVD-RW and tried it on my local DVD attached to the computer. No problem. But won't play at all in any of my DVD standalones.

Background: I've burned previous DVDs, authored DVDs using MyDVD and DVDit with no problems playing anywhere. I even reburned another one from MyDVD, thinking that maybe the DVD burner went bad. Nope, I could play it elsewhere.

The only difference I noticed between my homemade DVD movies and the DVD copies I tried was the copies lacked the file "VIDEO_TS.VOB". Did I miss a step? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Kevin
padre is offline   Reply With Quote