Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 21st November 2008, 16:09   #5161  |  Link
bebo

RE: Found MpegSplitter.ax - Now what?:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebo View Post
Thanks CLSID!! Sounds like the last piece of the puzzle. Will load it in tonight and report results.

clsid:

Thanks for the tip on MpegSplitter.ax. I found MpegSplitter.ax in the standalone filters per your direction. Next I went into GSpot to change the merit of same. Odd thing though...could not see MpegSplitter.ax in GSpot's list of codecs and filters. Tried dropping file in other directories...nothing worked - still couldn't see it. So I couldn't change the merit to prioritize MpegSplitter.ax.

Next I tried some other desperate stuff like deleting ffdshow.ax from ffdshow's directory and renaming MpegSplitter.ax as the "new" ffdshow.ax. All that did was render ffdshow useless and VMC defaulted back to the old default a/v codecs.

So, honestly I feel like a noob here, but how best can I acheive the objective I am going for...BD/HD-Dvd playback in VMC with full HD-audio decoding using ffdshow?

Much appreciated,

Bebo

clsid - got you PM - thanks will try.

Last edited by bebo; 21st November 2008 at 16:33.
bebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 16:33   #5162  |  Link
littleD

To register u should paste this file into system32 directory (but not necessary), and register it, which means drag and drop over regsvr32.exe or choose start>> run>> regsvr32 mpegsplitter.ax U will see it in gspot as MPC - Mpeg Splitter (Gabest)

But... the only player which use this splitter (as standalone) issss.... MPC HC.. suuprise . Windows Media Player and others players refuse to play m2ts tested file (can't connect with mpegsplitter). So we deal with bug here. (?)
littleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 16:40   #5163  |  Link
bebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
To register u should paste this file into system32 directory (but not necessary), and register it, which means drag and drop over regsvr32.exe or choose start>> run>> regsvr32 mpegsplitter.ax U will see it in gspot as MPC - Mpeg Splitter (Gabest)

But... the only player which use this splitter (as standalone) issss.... MPC HC.. suuprise . Windows Media Player and others players refuse to play m2ts tested file (can't connect with mpegsplitter). So we deal with bug here. (?)
Wow - huge downer litteD, but I its better to know I'm beating my head against a wall than to continue trying to make something happen that just ain't gonna...

I guess this means that for TrueHD streams I will have to drop out of my VMC integration project and fire up 'ol Arcsoft TMT using the file structure. A bit clunky when demo-ing the rig but seems like that's it for now.

So, I am out here on the fringe? Has nobody taken VMC player all the way to bright (full SD/HD A/V)? Hmmm...

....well I guess I must continue to bug Mike@haali to update the splitter to support MLP from .mt2s

Last edited by bebo; 21st November 2008 at 16:42.
Old 21st November 2008, 16:45   #5164  |  Link
clsid

You can use this registry tweak to force usage of the splitter.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Media Type\Extensions\.m2ts]
"Source Filter"="{1365BE7A-C86A-473C-9A41-C0A6E82C9FA3}"
Old 21st November 2008, 16:48   #5165  |  Link
bebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
You can use this registry tweak to force usage of the splitter.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Media Type\Extensions\.m2ts]
"Source Filter"="{1365BE7A-C86A-473C-9A41-C0A6E82C9FA3}"
...now you're talking! Let's use some reghack power!!
Old 21st November 2008, 19:58   #5166  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
It's not an inverse telecine (IVTC) filter! It's a "smart" deinterlacer and bobber (depending on the mode selected).

IMHO it's currently one of the best (if not the best) real-time bobber. Some super-slow bobbers interpolate nicer, but they can't work at real-time on an affordable machine

http://guru.multimedia.cx/deinterlacing-filters/

Nope, I allowed four threads for the "ffdshow r2335 ICL" build, just to be sure. Does that setting apply to the H.264 decoder at all in "current" ffdshow?

Still the overall CPU load was around 30-40%. Using ffdshow-mt and allowing four threads results in ~100% CPU usage, all cores at full load.

That once again proves the ineffectiveness of the "old" multi-threading method. Well, it was better than nothing, back at the time when it was added.
im not familiar with the terms of deinterlacing like bob or real time interlace, interpolace etc.
im just concerned with the quality. ive so far used the ffmpeg deinterlacer, because I felt it has provided the best quality so far. what about yadif is that respect, does he provide a comparable quality as well, or is it primarily only a fast deinterlacer?
Thunderbolt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 20:19   #5167  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
im not familiar with the terms of deinterlacing like bob or real time interlace, interpolace etc.
im just concerned with the quality. ive so far used the ffmpeg deinterlacer, because I felt it has provided the best quality so far. what about yadif is that respect, does he provide a comparable quality as well, or is it primarily only a fast deinterlacer?
Do you want the best quality? Use hardware deinterlacing if you can. It also has near 0% (if not 0%) CPU usage increment. Yadif is nice, but is a resource hog and in certain scenarios like anime for example the results are far from good.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 21:06   #5168  |  Link
tal.aloni

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
But... the only player which use this splitter (as standalone) issss.... MPC HC.. suuprise .
Wrong, I use MPC mpeg splitter with TCMP successfully.
(you have to disable haali mpeg splitter, uninstall and reinstall if needed), also, restart was also required in my case after I registered MpegSplitter.ax. (I can't explain this)
I can also use it with graph edit.
tal.aloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 22:14   #5169  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
Do you want the best quality? Use hardware deinterlacing if you can. It also has near 0% (if not 0%) CPU usage increment. Yadif is nice, but is a resource hog and in certain scenarios like anime for example the results are far from good.
I only have a gefore 7600gt, can I use it? if so, how to enable hardware deinterlacing in ffdshow? I only know about this deinterlacing box, but apparently all those deinterlacing options are for software/cpu deinterlacing
Thunderbolt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 23:14   #5170  |  Link
ikarad

Quote:
if you want the quality, use Inverse telecine filter like telecide.
ikarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 23:40   #5171  |  Link
jos99

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
Yes, the multi-threading method used in ffdshow-mt is more efficient than the "old" one, even on two cores.
The old method, as currently used in ffdshow, was pretty inefficient and hence never made it into the official ffmpeg repository.
But ffdshow-mt only uses the multi-threaded H.264 decoder from ffmpge-mt. Other decoders are not multi-threaded yet.
And there are still display errors in some videos with ffdshow-mt (see post above).
OK, I just updated from 2307 to 2333 mt as I saw the resource leak was fixed and ffdshow h.264 decoder wouldn't load for h.264 TV on DVBviewer. ....on the plus side I have been able to test out the latest version of standard ffshow 2338 and, guess what it is giving me slightly lower usage on 1080i h.264 channels - about 3-4% less with VMR9, even less usage with EVR (using 64x2 5000+ XPSP3).
jos99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 00:51   #5172  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
I only have a gefore 7600gt, can I use it? if so, how to enable hardware deinterlacing in ffdshow? I only know about this deinterlacing box, but apparently all those deinterlacing options are for software/cpu deinterlacing
It has been a long time since I used a NV card, so I'll tell you the basics, it may work or not in that card. Or maybe not work as desired. In the output section of ffdshow check the "Set interlace flag in output media type", the two options to "Auto". "Force bob" means force deinterlacing always, "Force weave" is the same as no deinterlacing. Try with your current config, and if it doesn't work uncheck everything except NV12 as output colorspaces. Look for interlacing options in the NV control panel and enable them. VMR9 is not recommended as it's famous for displaying the field order incorrectly, however it may work. If nothing works, play with the different options

HW deinterlacing is like DXVA, very susceptible, but it produces wonderful quality.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 03:39   #5173  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc979 View Post
ps. with the new yadif deinterlacer, seems i found a problem with interlaced mp4/avc files it crashes mpc when enabled
Please recompile libmplayer.dll using GCC 4.2.x. Yadif uses SSE2/SSSE3, which produced surprising performance boost (195% on Core 2). GCC 4.0.x cannot align stack properly.
Old 22nd November 2008, 04:43   #5174  |  Link
roozhou

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhiko_yamagata View Post
Please recompile libmplayer.dll using GCC 4.2.x. Yadif uses SSE2/SSSE3, which produced surprising performance boost (195% on Core 2). GCC 4.0.x cannot align stack properly.
It is not true. In my test SSSE3 is at most 30% faster than original MMX2 on Core 2.
roozhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 07:00   #5175  |  Link
_xxl
ffdshow user

Quote:
GCC 4.0.x cannot align stack properly.
Version below MINGW GCC 4.2.x should be banned from ffdshow.
_xxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 07:34   #5176  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by roozhou View Post
It is not true. In my test SSSE3 is at most 30% faster than original MMX2 on Core 2.
Then I calculated badly. But it's at least 160% faster.
Please remember to subtract decoding time.

rev2303:MMX-EXT
rev2307:SSSE3
rev2333:SSSE3 + 4 threads

On Core2 Quad,

MPEG-2 1080i, libmpeg2 yadif disabled
ffdshow_rev2333_20081117-mt.exe:User: 7s, kernel: 0s, total: 7s, real: 8s, fps: 158.8, dfps: 153.2 6.53ms/frame 0.00ms/yadif

Same file, yadif double frame rate
ffdshow_rev2303_20081106-mt.exe:User: 41s, kernel: 0s, total: 41s, real: 42s, fps: 29.2, dfps: 29.2 34.25ms/frame 27.72ms/yadif -> 100%
ffdshow_rev2307_20081107-mt.exe:User: 28s, kernel: 0s, total: 29s, real: 29s, fps: 42.3, dfps: 42.3 23.64ms/frame 17.11ms/yadif -> 162%
ffdshow_rev2333_20081117-mt.exe:User: 11s, kernel: 0s, total: 11s, real: 18s, fps: 109.3, dfps: 65.6 15.24ms/frame 8.71ms/yadif -> 318%
Old 22nd November 2008, 08:25   #5177  |  Link
_xxl
ffdshow user

@ all ffdshow-tryout developers
I would like to remove from ffdshow's code MSVC7.1, MSVC8 project files, because there are to many and some buggy.
_xxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 10:33   #5178  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

strcpy_s and some other secure string manipulation functions were added to the CRT at MSVC8.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8ef0s5kh(VS.80).aspx

https://buildsecurityin.us-cert.gov/...g/317-BSI.html

My next patch will use those functions. I also wrote an alternative functions so that we can do without completely dropping MSVC7.1. However MSVC7.1 is not the recommended compiler. Of course the official CRT is better than my code.
ICL9 and MinGW 4.0.x may be dropped at the same time. Supporting 6 compilers is a mess.
If some of the developers have only MSVC8, it is possible to continue supporting.
Old 22nd November 2008, 11:30   #5179  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Screenshots from the Freedom series Blu-ray (AVC), EP1, using ffdshow-mt svn 2333:

noticed the other rainbows I had with 'Babel' are gone already with svn2333, but these here are still there, while gone with normal ffdshow

uploaded a 95mb remuxed video sample here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/bipcaq
Thank you. I have sent a mail to the developer.
Old 22nd November 2008, 11:36   #5180  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhiko_yamagata View Post
ICL9 and MinGW 4.0.x may be dropped at the same time. Supporting 6 compilers is a mess.
If some of the developers have only MSVC8, it is possible to continue supporting.
Well, I'm using MSVC8 but I guess I could give VS2008 a try.

But honestly I'd keep the MinGW only build, if only to be able to build ffdshow with 100% free tools...

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl