Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th March 2008, 11:34   #3361  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhiko_yamagata View Post
Thanks. I can reproduce now.
OMG, I hope so much that you can fix this problem and add an option to always hide the winamp2 plugin GUI

my HTPC works pefectly now with MPC HC/EVR/Reclock/pstrip....the only last remaining issue is ffdshow crashing with Ozone

I'm far from a coder, but I've tried to find how to hide the plugin GUI, and it might have to do with the "Plugin.MainWindow" command :
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/audio-...ampoutput.aspx

if you could make it always disabled, except if we click on "configure" in the ffdshow audio winamp2 plugin section, that would be marvelous

TIA,

Last edited by leeperry; 12th March 2008 at 15:51.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 11:55   #3362  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
if you could always make it disabled, except if we click on "configure" in the ffdshow audio winamp2 plugin section, that would marvelous
+1

Thanks
chros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 01:13   #3363  |  Link
georgevalkov

Hello clsid, I have noticed that the H264 encodding feature is back to ffdshow, so I came to say "thank You" for that, and thanks for spending Your time on that great ffdshow project!

georgevalkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 02:11   #3364  |  Link
Px
>>^^__^^<<

And another one "thank You" for h264 encoder from me
Px is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 02:25   #3365  |  Link
Inventive Software
Turkey Machine

Location: Lowestoft, UK (but visit lots of places with bribes [beer])
You have xxl to thank for that, not clsid.
Old 13th March 2008, 04:35   #3366  |  Link
georgevalkov

Thank You, xxl!

By the way where can I read more about the advantages and differences between the two builds: xxl's vs. clsid's SSE

I've been using clsid's SSE version in the past year, because of the SSE instruction set in its title. Or may be I should run a few benchmarks, to see, which is better?
georgevalkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 05:19   #3367  |  Link
Mangix
Audiophile

SSE only applies to filter AFAIK
Mangix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 11:27   #3368  |  Link
fastplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgevalkov View Post
By the way where can I read more about the advantages and differences between the two builds: xxl's vs. clsid's SSE
http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/html/en/faq.htm
fastplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 14:52   #3369  |  Link
clsid

It is also explained in the very first post of this topic.
Old 14th March 2008, 13:17   #3370  |  Link
fastplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPVHD View Post
Can ffdshow be updated to use SSE4.1 instructions on 45nm Core 2(Penryn core) cpus to speed up decoding of H.264? I saw from an earlier reply in this thread about Core 2(65nm Conroe) getting SSSE3 support to improve motion compensation.
And if you've looked further you would've noticed that this is not in our hands. Talk to the ffmpeg guys...
fastplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 15:05   #3371  |  Link
clsid

Read the other topics here on Doom9 that are about SSE4. The general conclusion is that using SSE4 will not bring any significant performance improvements compared to the existing implementations (which includes some SSSE3 code).

Furthermore, as mentioned several times before in this topic, we don't develop libavcodec. That is done by the FFmpeg project.

End of discussion.
Old 15th March 2008, 04:58   #3372  |  Link
cc979
Curious BetaTester

anyone tried compile ffdshow-tryout svn1898 with gcc-4.3

i get this error:

Code:
make -C baseclasses
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/User/svn/ffdshow-tryout/ffdshow-tryout/src/baseclasses'
gcc-4.3 -c -DRELEASE -mno-cygwin -mdll -fno-rtti -mthreads -pipe -D_WINGDI_ -DUCLIBCPP -D_GLIBCPP_HAVE_MBSTATE_T -D_WIN32_IE=0x0500 -DARCH_IS_IA32 -DARCH_IS_32BIT -DHAVE_MMX -mmmx -w -DNDEBUG -UDEBUG -DFFDEBUG=0 -I. -I.. -Iuclibc++ -Ibaseclasses -I../baseclasses -IimgFilters -I../imgFilters -Implayer -I../mplayer -Isettings -I../settings -Isettings/filters -I../settings/filters -Icodecs -I../codecs -Isubtitles -I../subtitles -Iconvert -I../convert -Idialog -I../dialog -IaudioFilters -I../audioFilters -Icygwin -I../cygwin -Iffmpeg -I../ffmpeg -Iacm -I../acm -Ifilters -I../filters -Imuxers -I../muxers -I/dx/Include -L/dx/MingLib -ldx9 -O2 -march=pentium-mmx -mtune=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions -finline -frename-registers -fweb -funit-at-a-time -MMD -o baseclasses_all.o baseclasses_all.cpp
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/User/svn/ffdshow-tryout/ffdshow-tryout/src/baseclasses'
make -C acm
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/User/svn/ffdshow-tryout/ffdshow-tryout/src/acm'
gcc-4.3 -c -mno-cygwin -mdll -fno-rtti -mthreads -pipe -D_WINGDI_ -DUCLIBCPP -D_GLIBCPP_HAVE_MBSTATE_T -D_WIN32_IE=0x0500 -DARCH_IS_IA32 -DARCH_IS_32BIT -DHAVE_MMX -mmmx -w -DNDEBUG -UDEBUG -DFFDEBUG=0 -I. -I.. -Iuclibc++ -Ibaseclasses -I../baseclasses -IimgFilters -I../imgFilters -Implayer -I../mplayer -Isettings -I../settings -Isettings/filters -I../settings/filters -Icodecs -I../codecs -Isubtitles -I../subtitles -Iconvert -I../convert -Idialog -I../dialog -IaudioFilters -I../audioFilters -Icygwin -I../cygwin -Iffmpeg -I../ffmpeg -Iacm -I../acm -Ifilters -I../filters -Imuxers -I../muxers -I/dx/Include -L/dx/MingLib -ldx9 -O2 -march=pentium-mmx -mtune=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions -finline -frename-registers -fweb -funit-at-a-time -MMD -o Tacm.o Tacm.cpp
In file included from ../imgFilters/avisynth/Tavisynth.h:5,
                 from Tacm.h:5,
                 from Tacm.cpp:21:
../imgFilters/avisynth/avisynth.h:697: error: conflicting type attributes specified for 'virtual GenericVideoFilter::~GenericVideoFilter()'
../imgFilters/avisynth/avisynth.h:549: error:   overriding 'virtual IClip::~IClip()'
make[1]: *** [Tacm.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/User/svn/ffdshow-tryout/ffdshow-tryout/src/acm'
make: *** [lib] Error 2
cheers

Tools: ProcessExplorer & ProcessMonitor - BatchCompressor

Guide: MinGW Compiling GCC
cc979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2008, 11:03   #3373  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc979 View Post
anyone tried compile ffdshow-tryout svn1898 with gcc-4.3

i get this error:

Code:
In file included from ../imgFilters/avisynth/Tavisynth.h:5,
                 from Tacm.h:5,
                 from Tacm.cpp:21:
../imgFilters/avisynth/avisynth.h:697: error: conflicting type attributes specified for 'virtual GenericVideoFilter::~GenericVideoFilter()'
../imgFilters/avisynth/avisynth.h:549: error:   overriding 'virtual IClip::~IClip()'
That has to be a bug in gcc, seeing as GenericVideoFilter doesn't even declare it's own destructor:

Code:
// instantiable null filter
class GenericVideoFilter : public IClip {
protected:
  PClip child;
  VideoInfo vi;
public:
  GenericVideoFilter(PClip _child) : child(_child) { vi = child->GetVideoInfo(); }
  PVideoFrame __stdcall GetFrame(int n, IScriptEnvironment* env) { return child->GetFrame(n, env); }
  void __stdcall GetAudio(void* buf, __int64 start, __int64 count, IScriptEnvironment* env) { child->GetAudio(buf, start, count, env); }
  const VideoInfo& __stdcall GetVideoInfo() { return vi; }
  bool __stdcall GetParity(int n) { return child->GetParity(n); }
  void __stdcall SetCacheHints(int cachehints,int frame_range) { } ;  // We do not pass cache requests upwards, only to the next filter.
};
np: Proem - Live @ LSR 03-19-2006 (Merck Fragments)
Old 18th March 2008, 14:41   #3374  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

ok, I'm exchanging PM's with haruhiko concerning the winamp2 plugin crashing problem.

he told me he would need some open source winamp2 plugin with the problem, so he can find what's wrong.

I'm in contact with Vincent Burel, his FFX4 plugin has the problem as explained here :
http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=3111

he told me that he would help to find the problem, and I asked him if he could PM haruhiko and apparently he's willing to

also, haruhiko can't find how to hide the winamp2 plugin GUI, so if anyone knows ?!

I'm also in contact with Seb.26 to see if he can help.

I'm far from a coder, but I've tried to find how to hide the plugin GUI, and it might have to do with the "Plugin.MainWindow" command :
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/audio-...ampoutput.aspx

if anyone knows of an open source winamp2 plugin that crashes ffdshow audio, please help

at least I'm not sitting on my ass moaning clsid

Last edited by leeperry; 18th March 2008 at 14:58.
Old 18th March 2008, 15:15   #3375  |  Link
Inventive Software
Turkey Machine

Location: Lowestoft, UK (but visit lots of places with bribes [beer])
If the plugin has a GUI hard-coded into it, then it's likely that it's near impossible to hide it. If Winamp can hide it, then debugging that and seeing what calls it gives out to the window would be a step closer.
Old 18th March 2008, 15:22   #3376  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

well yeah, you can hide any DSP plugin window with winamp
Old 18th March 2008, 16:06   #3377  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

ok I've talked to Vincent Burel.

he's told me the best way would be to get back to him with details on the crash, and he would do his best to help.

his email is vincent.burel____vb-audio.com (replace ____ with @)

the problem is the same with Ozone or with his FFX4 plugin as explained here :
http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=3111

as soon as you open a new track in MPC HC, ffdshow crashes.....but if you click on CONFIGURE in the fffdshow audio winamp2 section, then it doesn't crash anymore but after 3 files in a row it's using 70% of CPU time

hope something can be worked out

Last edited by leeperry; 18th March 2008 at 16:14.
Old 19th March 2008, 10:57   #3378  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

OK, Vincent Burel has given me some infos about his FFX4 winamp2 plugin(that also crashes with ffda).

FFX4 is using the SDK 0.9 for winamp2.
it's a very basic SDK that only defines 4 functions :

-init : to create the plugin
-modifysamples : to process the audio
-quit : to kill the plugin

and finally "config" to open the plugin GUI.
but nothing's been done to communicate from the host, which doesn't even know the handle name of the plugin GUI(if that was the case, a SW_HIDE would be fine to hide the window)

so he believes that the only way to never have the plugin GUI showing up is to never call the "config" function.

once this function has been called, to hide the GUI again, you would have to kill the effect(QUIT) and recreate it(without using "config" of course)
Old 19th March 2008, 11:32   #3379  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

calling CONFIG twice in a row might also hide the GUI, considering the plugin knows its GUI is already being shown
Old 20th March 2008, 22:26   #3380  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

somehow I can sense Ozone will keep on crashing with ffdshow audio for a long long time

Seb.26 is gonna take a look on this week end, but he told me ffdshow audio is basically thousands of code lines w/o any comments

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl