Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th May 2004, 19:17   #11  |  Link
ursamtl

Quote:
Originally posted by kempfand
Ambisonics / AmbioPhonics is truely exceptional and hard to beat
Unfortunately, my experience so far is that everything else beats them, even the kpex method that you guys seem to ridicule so much!
Quote:
Just to repeat that Ambisonic's goal is not to bring the orchestra into your living room, but bring you into the concert hall, so no need to look or search for single instruments coming from defined speakers.
But you see I don't get this result from either Ambisonics / AmbioPhonics (to be fair, I haven't properly tested the latter). I don't want single instruments coming from defined speakers, but neither do I want everything mashed into a single sound with no definition. To me these approaches so far have sounded like a mono mix piped through 5.1 speakers. There is no sense of any concert hall known to man!

Quote:
For non-Ambisonics, I recently posted LCR Upmix Bidules. Amongsts these is the Gerzon LCR, but the others are also worth checking as they produce some reasonable LCR from LR.
Yes, I heartily agree. These produced a really nice front sound.

Last edited by ursamtl; 26th May 2004 at 20:09.