Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 23rd October 2006, 13:32   #161  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

"ColorMatrix:invalid mode string!" for resmovie ColorMatrix("Rec.S170->Rec.601",hints=false)
Old 23rd October 2006, 15:54   #162  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV45.exe

removed case of colormatrix that I HAVEN'T TESTED BECAUSE I HAVEN'T THE CORRECT SOURCE MATERIAL !

BHH

P.S. sorry for this post but.... can you please chop a piece of mpeg and send me a link ?
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
Old 23rd October 2006, 19:29   #163  |  Link
DDogg

Take a breath Sent.
Old 23rd October 2006, 20:08   #164  |  Link
BigDid
Actually in reserve

Hi BHH,

Great work, you are updating quicker than I can test

Don't get a coding overdose. Cheers.

Did
Old 23rd October 2006, 20:35   #165  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

By-the-way....

Cheers
Old 23rd October 2006, 21:01   #166  |  Link
DDogg

Glad you mentioned that. I've never even understood what it does, or is there for

Buzzqw, can you put fullbatch in the working dir when PPO is not checked? This would be helpful for debugging or crash.

Last edited by DDogg; 24th October 2006 at 04:11.
Old 24th October 2006, 15:40   #167  |  Link
KitchenStaffSupervisor
As Decreed by Lord Julius

Log scrollbar

The 'log' tab of AutoMKV has a vertical scrollbar, but not a horizontal one. If it's too wide for the window size, can you enable a horizontal scrollbar?
Old 24th October 2006, 16:42   #168  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
The 'log' tab of AutoMKV has a vertical scrollbar, but not a horizontal one. If it's too wide for the window size, can you enable a horizontal scrollbar?
done in 0.46

Quote:
DDogg Glad you mentioned that. I've never even understood what it does, or is there for
AutoMKV can command dvdfabdecrypter, for a dvd to mkv/mp4 direct conversion

Quote:
Buzzqw, can you put fullbatch in the working dir when PPO is not checked? This would be helpful for debugging or crash.
fullbatch is done by copying already existent batch files. If automkv crash no files is created...

Quote:
SeeMoreDigital By-the-way....
thanks!

BHH

Last edited by buzzqw; 24th October 2006 at 16:48.
Old 24th October 2006, 17:15   #169  |  Link
DDogg

Quote:
fullbatch is done by copying already existent batch files. If automkv crash no files is created...
Was speaking of a machine crash or such after encode has been started. Would be nice to go to dir and click fullbatch to redo it. Not a big thing.
Old 24th October 2006, 17:34   #170  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
Was speaking of a machine crash or such after encode has been started. Would be nice to go to dir and click fullbatch to redo it. Not a big thing
not so easy... i suggest to read log file, within there are all command line launched. (anyway i will search for a solution)

BHH
Old 24th October 2006, 17:45   #171  |  Link
glynor

I just wanted to say thanks a lot, buzzqw (and the rest of you that have been helping out on this thread). This application is fantastic and just what I've been looking for!

A couple of things...

I did read a few pages back that you're aware that having the UI completely vanish when you start a batch encode with the Queue is not ideal, but this hasn't changed. Is this still coming or did it drop off the radar? (It baffled me until I dug through this thread to find it mentioned.)

Also, this is quite a bit less important, but it'd be nice. Is there any way that if you call AutoMKV with a file path as a command line argument that you could have it load up with that file pre-loaded as the Input file? This would be pretty cool for using Right Click --> Send to directly on the media files themselves in Windows Explorer (or from inside other media management applications).
Old 24th October 2006, 19:04   #172  |  Link
glynor

I've actually now found a problem with encoding a certain video file using AutoMKV. When it gets to the DelayCut stage, the fixed1.mpa file it creates just keeps growing and growing until it uses up all of my available hard drive space. I had it grow to 170 GB for a one hour video clip one time and the second time it got to almost 70 GB before I stopped it. The process never ends...

The video I was test encoding was recorded by my HTPC by BeyondTV:

Here is the DelayCut line from the AutoMKV log:

Code:
12:27:38 DelayCut CMD: C:\Program Files\AutoMKV\exe\dgindex\Delaycut.exe -auto -out "C:\video\projects\fixed1.mpa" "C:\video\projects\movie T01 DELAY 102ms.mpa"
The log starts like this:

Code:
[Input info]
Bitrate=384
Actual rate=384.000000
Sampling Frec=48000
TotalFrames=169388
Bytesperframe=1152.0000
Filesize=195134976
FrameDuration= 24.0000
Framespersecond= 41.6667
Duration=01:07:45.312
Channels mode=Stereo
LFE=LFE: Not present
[Target info]
StartFrame=-4
EndFrame=169387
NotFixedDelay=  6.0000
Duration=01:07:45.408
====== PROCESSING LOG ======================
Time 00:44:48.312; Frame#= 112014. Unsynchronized frame...REWINDED 1148 bytes. Found new synch word
Time 00:44:48.360; Frame#= 112016. Unsynchronized frame...REWINDED 1148 bytes. Found new synch word
And goes on like that for a long time (with the unsynchronized frame messages), probably basically until I cut it off.

The video plays fine in MPC and doesn't seem to be out-of-sync. Other videos I've recorded with BeyondTV did encode fine with AutoMKV and MeGUI (though I don't know that I've tried this actual video file in MeGUI).

Last edited by glynor; 24th October 2006 at 19:09.
Old 24th October 2006, 19:15   #173  |  Link
DDogg

glynor, nice to see another tester! I'm wondering if the same problem would show if you were to load that file in VdubMod, use directstream copy and create a new file to test with AutoMK? Or, file>open>check extended options and rekey the file? Just curious - and it might help buzzqw identify the problem if that fixes it.

/add: sorry, I just saw that was a mpeg file. He may need a snip link pm'ed to him.

Last edited by DDogg; 24th October 2006 at 19:23.
Old 24th October 2006, 19:35   #174  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
I did read a few pages back that you're aware that having the UI completely vanish when you start a batch encode with the Queue is not ideal, but this hasn't changed. Is this still coming or did it drop off the radar?
not forget, but trying to find a solution. now is i don't minize automkv, the window go freeze... i must check some threads... (of automkv)

Quote:
Also, this is quite a bit less important, but it'd be nice. Is there any way that if you call AutoMKV with a file path as a command line argument that you could have it load up with that file pre-loaded as the Input file?
0.46 DONE

Quote:
When it gets to the DelayCut stage, the fixed1.mpa file it creates just keeps growing and growing until it uses up all of my available hard drive space.
some time i got this problem too... usually happens when the mpeg isn't perfectly muxed.

can you cut a small part around the culprit , from 00:44:48.312 to 00:45:00:00 and post me a link where to download ? i hope to replicate the problem... and point jsoto to the problem

TRY using this CUSTOM build www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV46CRC.exe i added to delaycut command line the order to fix with silence CRC errors

please report back!

BHH
Old 24th October 2006, 20:40   #175  |  Link
DDogg

1> was doing a manual crop [enable manual crop and resize]. The script redlined. Found I had to change crop line to: crop(movie,8,2,-6,-4) from crop(8,2,-6,-4)

2> having trouble loading an avs as source. It is sized as 640x352 and encodes with no problem in x263cli, however, if I try to play resmovie.avs which has imported this script I get the complaint about width must be divisible by 4.

Code:
movie = Import("C:\640.avs")
function Comptest(clip c, float percent)
{
frange=floor(14./(percent/100.))
Return SelectRangeEvery(c, frange, 14)
}
Comptest(2)
640.avs is a simple:
Code:
DGDecode_mpeg2source("C:\VTS_01_1.d2v",info=3)
ColorMatrix(hints=true)
#blank deinterlace line
crop(8, 4, -6, -4)
LanczosResize(640,352) # Lanczos (Sharp)
However, resmovie will play when "return movie" is added:
Code:
movie = Import("C:\SPR\spr640.avs")
function Comptest(clip c, float percent)
{
frange=floor(14./(percent/100.))
Return SelectRangeEvery(c, frange, 14)
}
Comptest(2)
return movie

Last edited by DDogg; 24th October 2006 at 21:36.
Old 24th October 2006, 21:40   #176  |  Link
glynor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw View Post
can you cut a small part around the culprit , from 00:44:48.312 to 00:45:00:00 and post me a link where to download ? i hope to replicate the problem... and point jsoto to the problem

TRY using this CUSTOM build www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV46CRC.exe i added to delaycut command line the order to fix with silence CRC errors

please report back!
Will do! I have some annoying job-stuff to deal with right now, but I should be able to test it out tomorrow with the file (and get you a snip of it as well).

Thanks for the change on the command line argument too!
Old 24th October 2006, 21:57   #177  |  Link
KitchenStaffSupervisor
As Decreed by Lord Julius

One more idea...

I noticed yesterday that I encoded a movie (after changing the movie name to something OTHER than 'movie') and the result was...nothing. I'm wondering if changing the default movie name in the UI isn't totally bug-free, and that there may be some case where the encoded video isn't seen because it has the wrong filename, or something like that. Has anyone else had problems with using something other than 'movie' in the name field?
Old 25th October 2006, 08:15   #178  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
1> was doing a manual crop [enable manual crop and resize]. The script redlined. Found I had to change crop line to: crop(movie,8,2,-6,-4) from crop(8,2,-6,-4)
fixed

Quote:
2> having trouble loading an avs as source. It is sized as 640x352 and encodes with no problem in x263cli, however, if I try to play resmovie.avs which has imported this script I get the complaint about width must be divisible by 4.
On avs source file automkv will not apply any resize or filter.
Better: when using avs as source the width value "automatic" or any other value IS IGNORED in final encoding.

Even if autoresize suggest, for example 640, the final movie.avs will be only "import ("ooo.avs") , without any resize applyed

Anyway fixed avs import file

Quote:
I noticed yesterday that I encoded a movie (after changing the movie name to something OTHER than 'movie') and the result was...nothing.
Name file should follow dos rules: no space, no point, no special character...

BHH
Old 25th October 2006, 09:33   #179  |  Link
AMED

I've found a small bug in v0.45 and v0.46-CRC.

Change the X264 profile to HQ-Slower and then click the drop down on the container, it will change the profile back to CE-mainprofile.

if you try a similar thing with XVID, the Codec will change to X264 and the profile will change to CE-mainprofile.
Old 25th October 2006, 14:13   #180  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

update 0.47 www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV047.exe

ADDED: shutdown at end of encoding
ADDED: is possible to specify input file on command line
ADDED: fixcrc silence on mpa audio file (could be a temporary fix)
ADDED: drag&drop on input string
FIXED: In log window is present an horizontal bar, is also possible to write notes
FIXED: Check DVD Drive
FIXED: avs input file. NO filter and NO resize is applyed on this files

@AMED
isn't bug. On change of container i reset the codec/profiles status
Closed Thread