Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 26th May 2004, 13:56   #1  |  Link
billyloner

scenarist - does not have scene (dummy cell)?

hmm ok, before i begin let me just say im a newbie to all this. ive done a few films using the (old?) big 3 guide with reauthorist. but yesterday i decided to try the new guide using sceneaid. so, after a few teething troubles with numenu4u scenarist edition, i managed to get to the encode stage. except dif4u loaded up docce4u instead of that batchcce program. anyway, i encoded using docce4u, and when i got up this morning it was all done. so i loaded sceneaid, pointed it to the right folder and generated the script. loaded all the stuff into scenarist fine. but when i came to click 'start' i get the following messages:

Info
Info Creating DVD Files
Error 'Cell:"VTS1_Title1_PGC1_PG23_C1"PGC:<VTS1_Title1_PGC1> (Title:<VTS1_Title1> VTS:<VTS_1>) ' does not have a scene. (Dummy Cell)
Error 'Cell:"VTS2_Title1_PGC1_PG2_C1"PGC:<VTS2_Title1_PGC1> (Title:<VTS2_Title1> VTS:<VTS_2>) ' does not have a scene. (Dummy Cell)
Error 'Cell:"VTS2_Title2_PGC2_PG2_C1"PGC:<VTS2_Title2_PGC2> (Title:<VTS2_Title2> VTS:<VTS_2>) ' does not have a scene. (Dummy Cell)
Error 'Cell:"VTS3_Title1_PGC1_PG2_C1"PGC:<VTS3_Title1_PGC1> (Title:<VTS3_Title1> VTS:<VTS_3>) ' does not have a scene. (Dummy Cell)
Error 'Cell:"VTS3_Title2_PGC2_PG2_C1"PGC:<VTS3_Title2_PGC2> (Title:<VTS3_Title2> VTS:<VTS_3>) ' does not have a scene. (Dummy Cell)
Error 'Cell:"VTS3_Title3_PGC3_PG2_C1"PGC:<VTS3_Title3_PGC3> (Title:<VTS3_Title3> VTS:<VTS_3>) ' does not have a scene. (Dummy Cell)
Error 'Cell:"VTS3_Title4_PGC4_PG2_C1"PGC:<VTS3_Title4_PGC4> (Title:<VTS3_Title4> VTS:<VTS_3>) ' does not have a scene. (Dummy Cell)
Error 'Cell:"VTS3_Title5_PGC5_PG2_C1"PGC:<VTS3_Title5_PGC5> (Title:<VTS3_Title5> VTS:<VTS_3>) ' does not have a scene. (Dummy Cell)
Error 'Cell:"VTS3_Title6_PGC6_PG2_C1"PGC:<VTS3_Title6_PGC6> (Title:<VTS3_Title6> VTS:<VTS_3>) ' does not have a scene. (Dummy Cell)
Error 'Cell:"VTS3_Title7_PGC7_PG7_C1"PGC:<VTS3_Title7_PGC7> (Title:<VTS3_Title7> VTS:<VTS_3>) ' does not have a scene. (Dummy Cell)
Error 'Cell:"VTS3_Title8_PGC8_PG2_C1"PGC:<VTS3_Title8_PGC8> (Title:<VTS3_Title8> VTS:<VTS_3>) ' does not have a scene. (Dummy Cell)
Error PreCheck From DB failed
Error DVD files could not be created

now i had a search for this, but unfortunately couldnt find anything relevant... is this a common error to get? and is it possible for me to fix it? any help would be appreciated!

edit - oh yeah, when i view the scenario editor, rather than there being a blank grey square with the word 'cell' on, or a thumbnail with the word 'cell' on, there is sorta a light grey box with one of those things movie directors use when they say 'action' or 'cut' or whatever. if that makes any sense?
billyloner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2004, 18:53   #2  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

Seems like no video got imported at all. DO you have only placeholders maybe? Right mouseclick on a video asset in the data tab. DOes it say placeholder -> data then you have placeholders.

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
influenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2004, 19:59   #3  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

Actually, looks like it created dummies for everything....

what directory is your demux in? Check the datatab and see what it assets are named
D3s7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2004, 13:13   #4  |  Link
billyloner

well, in the end i just used reauthorist instead and that got it sorted

next time i do it tho ill give sceneaid another go, and if i get the same results then ill be back... thanks for the suggestions tho!
billyloner is offline   Reply With Quote