Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 25th September 2012, 02:13   #2801  |  Link

You're welcome. I just wonder how many more of those critters are scurrying around in the nooks and crannies.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2012, 13:04   #2802  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyWu View Post
There is a bug with AVS Template. The template file will always be created even though the 'Enable template' box is unchecked.
Confirmed. Thanks for pointing it out. Fixing now for 2043.
Old 9th January 2013, 09:27   #2803  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

I just upgraded a PC from Windows XP SP3 (32 bit) to Windows 7 SP1 (64 bit). Started DGIndexNV.exe (rev. 2044, 32 bit), opened a *.264 file ... "Invalid license". The same license which used to work already. Generated in Sept. 2010 (the licensing upgrade was in June 2010). Same result for the "x64 Binaries" when I copy my license.txt file there.

I'll try to check my licenses when I am able to find my User ID again... either Donald can resend it to me, or I will have to wait for the weekend when I get back home.

But we have another user in the german doom9/Gleitz forum who just recently registered, received his license, and it was reported to fail. So I will try to check if he made a mistake creating the license file.

Users today may expect a little support from applications by accepting serials via own dialogs. Creating a simple text file with correct content and location appears to be harder than most developers would expect...

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 11:42   #2804  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
I just upgraded a PC from Windows XP SP3 (32 bit) to Windows 7 SP1 (64 bit).
Just a hunch - Windows 7 enumerates your devices differently and the GetAdaptersInfo() call (which I think Don uses to query hardware info) returns different info.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 12:41   #2805  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

That may explain why a license file has to get upgraded.

And the reason for the other user may be a different one (related to the area in front of the monitor...).

New German Gleitz board
Old 9th January 2013, 14:51   #2806  |  Link

Hi LigH. I re-sent your activation email. If the other user is having problems he can contact me or post at my forum about it.
Old 9th January 2013, 15:12   #2807  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Thanks.

Unfortunately, due to the unreliable Copy function in Windows (I bet there are more people who remember occasions when they hit Ctrl+C, but the marked area was not copied, the Clipboard persisted to contain a previous content), I checked an older machine code again; so I have now the same machine code registered twice. Your generator obviously does not care about duplicates. So I'll have to be careful in the future...

New German Gleitz board
Old 9th January 2013, 15:16   #2808  |  Link

Yes, please do not make duplicate licenses. If you ever run out I am always happy to reset your count to zero.
Old 9th January 2013, 15:36   #2809  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Unfortunately, due to the unreliable Copy function in Windows (I bet there are more people who remember occasions when they hit Ctrl+C, but the marked area was not copied, the Clipboard persisted to contain a previous content)
This is the first time I hear about this and I have used Windows since 3.0. I use Ctrl-C -> Ctrl-V a lot on a daily basis and have never seen it fail in the software I use.
Old 9th January 2013, 15:43   #2810  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

My boss just confirmed that he knows this issue too... well, I could make a poll about it in our german board. But not in this thread, fearing the wrath of Donald...

BTW, a similar issue happens when I paste an URL and immediately want to close a BBtag with ] (AltGr+9 on a german keyboard); the keyboard driver seems to need a safe pause between releasing Ctrl and pressing AltGr to separate them reliably...

New German Gleitz board

Last edited by LigH; 9th January 2013 at 15:57.
Old 9th January 2013, 15:50   #2811  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
I could make a poll about it in our german board.
OK.

Quote:
But not in this thread, fearing the wrath of Donald...
Indeed.
Old 9th January 2013, 16:12   #2812  |  Link

No need to fear me guys!

In every instance I know of where a cut and paste into the boxes of the license generator fails, it is because the copy actually included an extra space at the end. I include a warning about that in the instructions, but I should try to find time to make my perl script automatically delete extra spaces.
Old 9th January 2013, 16:33   #2813  |  Link
Selur

Got a few questions:
  1. Do I need to watch that no other program accesses the 3d functionality of my gpu while using DGDecNV? like:
    1. Does my screensaver have to be disabled while using DGDecNV?
    2. Is it okay to surf and watch Flash Videos and or watch a movie while encoding and using DGDecNV?
    3. Is it okay to use a VM which uses 2D/3D hardware acceleration?
  2. Is it okay to run multiple encodes in parallel which use DGDecNV? (there would only be onw DgIndexNV instance one at a time)
  3. Can I use other GPU based Avisynth filters while using DGDecNV? (e.g fft3dgpu, GPUBilateral, NLMeansCL, ML3Dex)
  4. Can I use DGDecNV/DGIndexNV while only connecting to my pc via rdp or vnc, while no physical monitor is attached? (QuicktSync had/has problems with this iirc)
  5. Should I expect problems if my system has a. multiple networks adapters and b. some of the virtual adapters change frequentyl? (virtual = e.g. for Cisco VNC, VM-Software,...)
  6. Is there some knowledge about the memory impact of DGDecNV compared to e.g. FFmpegSource2?
  7. Does DGDecNV also have some sort of software decoder mode?
and found some answers to them over at by http://neuron2.net/dgdecnv/Readme.html:
1.a: "Activation of a screensaver or standby mode may interfere with proper operation of the DGNV tools. They should be disabled during use of the DGNV tools."
2. : "The DGSource() source filter supports multiple instantiation, however, the number of instantiations is limited by available memory on the nVidia video card. As always, more is better!" -> how much memory is normally needed to decode 1080i material?
3. : "Use with Windows Remote Desktop is not supported." -> What about VNC?

would be nice if someone could help in answering the other questions.

Cu Selur

Last edited by Selur; 9th January 2013 at 18:01.
Selur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 18:18   #2814  |  Link
Groucho2004

A couple of answers:

1b. I found that Firefox hardware acceleration interferes with decoding. Switched it off in the FF options.
4. TightVNC works well.
Old 9th January 2013, 18:35   #2815  |  Link
Selur

Thanks Groucho2004.

Quote:
1b. I found that Firefox hardware acceleration interferes with decoding. Switched it off in the FF options.
okay, https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/forum-response-disable-hardware-acceleration should help there.
Quote:
4. TightVNC works well.
Nice!
Old 9th January 2013, 19:02   #2816  |  Link

2. Yes, it's OK, subject to memory constraints.

3. Should be OK. Please report your results.

4. TightVNC or any other one that doesn't deinstantiate the video driver will be OK.

5. You can put the licenses corresponding to each configuration all in the one license.txt file. The right one will be found and used.

7. No, but DGAVCDecDI is software based.
Old 10th January 2013, 13:30   #2817  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
* Added an error popup if an MP4 container file is opened.
you might want to add an error message to the command line also, since calling something like:
Code:
DGIndexNV -i "H:\Input\VTS_01~1.MP4" -o "H:\Temp\23913844mp4_deb1536f480475f7d593219aa1afd74c_41.dgi" -h -e
simply causes DGIndexNV to crash
Old 10th January 2013, 14:17   #2818  |  Link

The latest version of DGDecNV opens MP4 files. Can you open the file in GUI mode?

If you have an MP4 that crashes DGDecNV please provide a sample.
Old 10th January 2013, 15:36   #2819  |  Link
Selur

No file also crashes DGDecNV if I use the GUI mode, here you go: http://goo.gl/pD6yj
Did nothing special aside from using a newer mp4box version to multiplex the file,... (used GPAC version 0.5.1-DEV-rev4273, will try other mp4box version to check if this is the problem)

Last edited by Selur; 10th January 2013 at 15:40.
Selur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 15:43   #2820  |  Link

I can't figure out how to download from that site. I get stupid popups and offers all over the place.

Please use mediafire.com. Thank you.