Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 30th April 2008, 22:11   #1861  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Was the issue reporting option on the site too good and too clear, so it had to go?
It's good though lacks some features. Unfortunately the developers are a bit ignorant towards non Drupal development related issues and always need ages to make the modul compatible with new Drupal versions, that's the reason why it's gone, it don't run yet on the fresh Drupal version I run. It might come back when they manage to make it compatible and I manage to make it run (I'm pretty clueless about php unfortunately).

The forum modul lacks as well but at least it's a core modul which is easier to maintain. There are moduls that integrate forums like phpbb but I try to avoid complex external moduls as they are usually hard to setup, maintain and make it hard to update Drupal.

The reason why I've updated Drupal is I wanted to try to edit pages with MediaWiki markup. I was using Drupal 5 but there was only a Drupal 6 modul that could do that. It turned out the MediaWiki support of that modul was less than half baked lacking the most fundamental features like simple lists and links.

I've tried then a WYSIWYG editor because I have issues with raw HTML and BB markup, tried that before and had issues, it was time to give it another try. TinyMCE is the most popular but that modul didn't run yet on the latest Drupal version either so I've installed another one called NicEdit, it's lightweight and works good so far.

I've also needed to try many themes that didn't mess up basic content too much. Most themes seem to use rather nasty CSS it seems. Again my web tech knowledge isn't the best. I just learn as much I need to build site. Web tech appear to be a big mess.

Last edited by stax76; 1st May 2008 at 19:21.
Old 1st May 2008, 22:15   #1862  |  Link
Navalynt

I prefer to leave things as automated as possible so I use Robot4Rip to automate the ripping process to the hard drive. This program uses VobSub for the subtitles, not text subtitles.

I noticed the beta will autoselect only text subtitles and does not even give an option for VobSub's IDX files anymore. If I manually switch to *All Files then slect my IDX file it does work to add the subtitles into the movie. Can you add back in the ability to automatically select IDX files?

Really, if StaxRip were to autodetect the default DVDdecrypter chapter file (OGG) and autoselect IDX for subtitles (if the name corresponded to the D2V file) the process of backing up my DVD videos to my media center computer would require the absolute minimum of user input! You're program makes my life a hell of a lot easier so I thank you a thousand times over for the work you've put into it!

Last edited by Navalynt; 1st May 2008 at 22:21.
Old 2nd May 2008, 03:16   #1863  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
does not even give an option for VobSub's IDX files anymore
Which option do you mean?

Quote:
If I manually switch to *All Files then slect my IDX file it does work to add the subtitles into the movie.
You mean a file browser? Which one?

Quote:
Can you add back in the ability to automatically select IDX files?
Automatic creation and pick-up of idx works here, filenames are:

VTS_01 - Chapter Information - OGG.txt
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB
VTS_01_3.VOB
VTS_01_1.idx
VTS_01_1.d2v

Quote:
if StaxRip were to autodetect the default DVDdecrypter chapter file (OGG) and autoselect IDX for subtitles (if the name corresponded to the D2V file)
Works here, are you using a very old beta?
Old 2nd May 2008, 04:45   #1864  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

can someone tell me what the pw is for this guide please? http://board.serienjunkies.org/showthread.php?t=12465
Old 2nd May 2008, 04:55   #1865  |  Link
stax76

IIRC it's the domain, when you register you get a pm with the pw.
Old 7th May 2008, 18:48   #1866  |  Link
dvd_maniac

I encode a lot of TV recordings using X264/AAC 1-pass.
I use 1-pass instead of 2-pass because the filesize ends up smaller then what I would have picked for 2-pass and the quality only suffers slightly. Is it possible to do a 2-pass with the filesize a 1-pass would create?
IE: The other night I did House M.D.
The mpeg-2 recording was 5.1GB, I did a 1-pass encode and the resulting filesize ended up being 95MB.
I would like it to do a second pass based on the 95MB filesize automatically...

Possible?
Old 8th May 2008, 00:54   #1867  |  Link
Rhymes69

whats the code to add ColorMatrix () to ur starip profile?
Old 9th May 2008, 17:16   #1868  |  Link
stax76

I want to release the final soon and then pause things for some months so I've uploaded a new beta that can import x264 profiles so people can at least update their profiles.
Old 12th May 2008, 22:12   #1869  |  Link
Navalynt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navalynt View Post
I prefer to leave things as automated as possible so I use Robot4Rip to automate the ripping process to the hard drive. This program uses VobSub for the subtitles, not text subtitles.

I noticed the beta will autoselect only text subtitles and does not even give an option for VobSub's IDX files anymore. If I manually switch to *All Files then slect my IDX file it does work to add the subtitles into the movie. Can you add back in the ability to automatically select IDX files?

Really, if StaxRip were to autodetect the default DVDdecrypter chapter file (OGG) and autoselect IDX for subtitles (if the name corresponded to the D2V file) the process of backing up my DVD videos to my media center computer would require the absolute minimum of user input! You're program makes my life a hell of a lot easier so I thank you a thousand times over for the work you've put into it!
Sorry, I was using an old beta version. I updated, ran through a DVD, and found that it DID autoselect the DVDdecrypter chapter file so that it awesome, thanks!

As for the other problem let me clarify: On the beta I installed last night if there is an IDX and SUB file already in the directory with the same naming convention as the D2V file Staxrip does not auto-select it.

Here's a specific example:
Hard_Candy.d2v
Hard_Candy.idx
Hard_Candy.sub

I have robot4rip set to use the same dgindex as StaxRip to avoid any problems with version conflicts so when I load up StaxRip I usually just select my d2v file, everything loads up BUT the subtitles. It looks like StaxRip will only add the subs automatically if they are in text format. If I double click on "Container Configuration" then click the "ADD" button I can change from "Subtitle Files" to "All Files" so I can see the IDX file and select it. From that point it does work to mux in the subtitles it's just an inconvenience to always have to select the subtitles manually just because I use vobsub instead a text sub.
Old 13th May 2008, 01:52   #1870  |  Link
stax76

Which container format?
Old 13th May 2008, 03:36   #1871  |  Link
Navalynt

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax View Post
Which container format?
MP4 Container
Old 13th May 2008, 08:58   #1872  |  Link
stax76

Does MP4Box support vobsub subtitles?
Old 13th May 2008, 09:05   #1873  |  Link
Deinorius
Najarenthur

Nope.
Well... mp4 Container doesn't support it by itself, but it is possible to mux not supported streams into private streams. Only problem with this practic is, you can only play it on systems, which splitters support this stream formats and these private streams.

I don't know it well, but may be Haalis Splitter support it, but I'm sure, nothing else in Stand-Alone-World.
Old 13th May 2008, 09:37   #1874  |  Link
stax76

Is there a guide or thread about vobsub in MP4 or has anybody experience with it?
Old 13th May 2008, 12:46   #1875  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

@stax

mp4box compiled by kurtnoise13 has vob/idx support out of the box

just add the idx file, you can also specify the "index" of language by using #number_of_language

example
1) english
2) italian
3) french

-add vts_01_01.idx#2
for adding ONLY italian language

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
Old 13th May 2008, 12:51   #1876  |  Link
Deinorius
Najarenthur

Am I right, that Haalis Splitter supports Vobsubs out of mp4 buzzqw?
Old 13th May 2008, 20:30   #1877  |  Link
Navalynt

As I mentioned I've been ripping to MP4 and manually selecting the IDX file to mux in. The movies are working great on my media center which is using Haali.

I just recently switched from MKV files to MP4 for more compatibility. Is StaxRip setup then to only recognize and automatically add IDX files for MKV files assuming no compatibility with MP4?
Old 13th May 2008, 23:22   #1878  |  Link
burfadel

In the latest beta build, the cropping feature no longer works properly anymore. To be more precise, the cropping feature does crop the picture, but the resize function no longer automatically adjusts like it did before. Two examples where it worked before where it doesn't now: (older versions include the previous beta builds)
- On digital WS tv, a show that is only 4:3. When cropped, the reside would normally adjust it automatically to the correct reside ration, say 512x384. With this new build it doesn't automatically adjust, and even though the source is anamorphic you have to deselect it!
- Again, on digital WS tv, a movie I recorded was in 2.35:1 on 16:9 WS tv, so therefore there were black bars at the top and bottom. On the older versions, when cropped the resize function would automatically change so I could select 704x288. With this new beta build I have to manually change the resize filter to put in 704x288 myself. The resize bar tries to resize it to 640x352 for example., so in this case the picture is vertically stretched!
Old 14th May 2008, 00:46   #1879  |  Link
stax76

@buzzqw

Thanks, I've to add support for this then.

Quote:
Is StaxRip setup then to only recognize and automatically add IDX files for MKV files assuming no compatibility with MP4?
Yes but I will add support.

@burfadel

It's very difficult to understand this issue (like it was diffucult to understand Navalynt's issue), is this only with certain sources or with all sources? When does the problem occur, after loading a source with crop automated or after using the crop dialog manually? The image size values did not change in previous versions after using the crop dialog, at least not with default options, only aspect ratio changes but using the slider afterwards fixes the aspect ratio.
Old 14th May 2008, 01:10   #1880  |  Link
burfadel

It happens with all sources, moving the slider bar after doesn't automatically correct the resize function anymore. This is with the Staxrip beta dated 11 May. I guess a way to test this is to just stupidly crop a source as such:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<<Remove
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<<Remove

(Say this is a 640x352 source, I know its not to scale)

So you end up with an image cropped with only this portion of the video selected:

So when you move the slider, it should automatically change from 640x352 to the 'corrected' 640x132

However, it does not do this, and instead leaves the output size as 640x352. The picture is correctly cropped though, so the result is that is vertically stretches the image!

Last edited by burfadel; 14th May 2008 at 01:13.
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265