Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12th January 2014, 22:35   #12581  |  Link
tijgert

Oh my.. hundreds of pages dating back six years or more? How will I ever find what I need?
I hope you'll all excuse me for perhaps asking an already answered question, but the amount of posts here is staggering and just too much to siff through.

My query: I want to convert 7.1 TrueHD to 7.1 DTS-MA or even 5.1 DTS if need be.
I have access to the DTS suite and a bunch of other codec packs (all legit), but am not very knowledgable beyond ye'r basic Handbrake...
Anyone care to take my hand? Pretty please? How about a shove in the right direction, coupled with some strong hints...?
Old 13th January 2014, 02:17   #12582  |  Link
Chumbo

You should be able to output to separate WAV files and then import to your DTS suite, e.g.,
Code:
eac3to source.thd output.wavs
Old 15th January 2014, 11:54   #12583  |  Link
PowerGamer

I am trying to demux 2D video track from 3D BluRay disc (that disc contains both 2D and 3D movie versions, i.e. there are options "Play 2D" and "Play 3D" in disc menu when I am running TotalMedia Theater).
This is what I am getting when listing disc info with eac3to:
http://pastebin.com/BbJEWyQP
How do I find out which .mpls file refers to 2D version of the movie?
Old 15th January 2014, 14:57   #12584  |  Link
Snowknight26

All of them do due to the nature of the 3D implementation used on that disc (MVC instead of anaglyph).
Old 16th January 2014, 06:19   #12585  |  Link
73ChargerFan

If you run eac3to <filename> 1)
it will give you stream numbers for left, right eyes.
I think you're supposed to use the left eye stream, but I might have that backwards.
Old 16th January 2014, 07:28   #12586  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

It is the Left-Eye stream that's only 2D. It's presented in AVC/H264 while the Right-Eye (the 3D data; difference) is presented in MVC.

For 3D Blu-ray discs, most MPLS will present everything in 3D fashion. As long as everything is transferred to 3D.
Some discs have all the special features and trailers transferred to 3D (AVC/MVC) while some will only have the main movie in 3D (AVC/MVC).

But, generally, if you're selecting by MPLS, you can just run the .MPLS through eac3to to get the information of how it's read.
Reading from a playlist file (MPLS) is different from reading from an actual file (M2TS/MKV/etc).
Through MPLS, you don't get numbers in front of the stream, instead you just get hyphens ("-") and have to count which stream(s) you want to use.
In case of 3D blu-rays, skip over the "right-eye" data and use only the Left-eye data (AVC/H264).

This will give you 2D data, every time.

I believe the only software that gives you a 3D.mkv file (with AVC/MVC) is MakeMKV.
But, even then, all media players will only decode/play the 2D (Left-eye) data unless they are specifically designed for 3D playback (3dat.tv's StereoScopic Player; Bino; etc).

If you're playing back from a Blu-ray player that has file playback file system, it's very unlikely that it supports MVC at all so it will either A) playback as 2D or B) not play at all.

The best thing to do is grab the smallest file possible (like a trailer) and test it with your playback system.

MPC (and other variations), VLC, and most other media players don't support MVC playback.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)
Old 16th January 2014, 16:00   #12587  |  Link
DragonQ

Can eac3to combine 6 separate mono WAV files into a 5.1 WAV file? I've tried doing it with other software but I haven't found a way to get it working properly. Adobe Audition 3.0 reduces the volume of each track for no apparent reason, Adobe Audition CS6 raises the volume of each track for no reason.

EDIT: Never mind, managed to do with using SoX.

Last edited by DragonQ; 16th January 2014 at 16:41.
Old 16th January 2014, 16:49   #12588  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

BeSweet could do it as well, with a *.mux file; but it doesn't support W64, so it won't be a choice in case the result would exceed 4 GB.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
Old 17th January 2014, 12:52   #12589  |  Link
Nexin

Trying to convert many audio files in a folder mainly same format to output as wav files. Where any typing needed is minimal than is required now with eac3to such as eac3to "input" "output" "input" "output" "input" "output" "input" "output" etc Ways to make this task easier as like other software's do it.

eac3to converting

using cli by dropping a folder that contains music files only.

eac3to "drive\folder path" "drive\folder path" -wav

Or input as a text.txt file each audio file on a separate line.

"drive:\folder path\A audio file.ext"
"drive:\folder path\An audio file.ext"
"drive:\folder path\Again Another audio file.ext"
"drive:\folder path\Another audio file.ext"

eac3to "drive:\folder path\text file to process.txt" "drive:\folder path\" -wav

All of the above be able to convert many source audio files to wav files.
Where bitrate, kHz, channels etc remain exactly the same as the source.
For eac3to to append source file name to each destination file for each file with a replaced .wav extension

Last edited by Nexin; 17th January 2014 at 13:27.
Old 17th January 2014, 13:29   #12590  |  Link
Nexin

Audio File/s or other eac3to known format output to filename.txt

I'm also needing a way to generate a report to a filename.txt file. So far I have tried eac3to "drive:\folder path\file name.ext" >"drive:\folder path\file name.txt" where the outputs has non ascii\unicode characters such as many boxes before file details. If could do this using cli for eac3to to parse a folder of many audio files. Need report to have same info as see with eac3to "drive:\folder path\file name.ext"

All of the above stumbles when drop a folder to cli with "HD DVD / Blu-Ray Disc Structure not found" a way to overcome so can work with folder or folders that contain many audio files. eac3to because it is the only software that can clearly see whole dts mlp ma more than any other software's including foobar2000 and mediainfo for audio files. Although sometimes foobar2000 will see 5.1 audio where eac3to will see only 2.0 same again in reverse eac3to will where foobar2000 won't

using latest releases for eac3to and foobar2000 with win xp sp3

Last edited by Nexin; 17th January 2014 at 13:33.
Old 18th January 2014, 08:13   #12591  |  Link
Nexin

Has this project ended ? Madshi first post of this thread last edited the start of last year ''Last edited by madshi; 20th January 2013 at 17:44''

Anyone have idea how better to do the two above posts. With eac3to or other tools for the same formats as straight conversions
Old 18th January 2014, 08:30   #12592  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexin View Post
Has this project ended ?
No, Madshi said he's focusing his energy on madVR for now (until it reaches a 1.0 version) and then will return to this project.

-------
Have you tried a batch file?

(From an example provided with SoX...)

eac3to_batch.bat
Code:
@echo off
%~dp1
CD %~dp1
FOR %%A IN (*.dts) DO "C:\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "%%~nxA" "%%~nA.wav" -log="%%~nA_WAV.txt"
This will convert all files with the extension of ".dts" and will also create individual log files of each ".dts" file and use the same name given for each ".dts" file.

I'm not entirely sure how to do an advanced batch file that includes multiple extensions. Someone more crafty can chime in.

In case of Matroska containers use (*.mkv) and add the stream number after the "%%~nxA" or leave out the stream number if it's the first audio stream you wish to convert.

Code:
@echo off
%~dp1
CD %~dp1
FOR %%A IN (*.mkv) DO "C:\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "%%~nxA" 2: "%%~nA.wav" -log="%%~nA_WAV.txt"
You can also add in other functions too like -downStereo or other...

Code:
@echo off
%~dp1
CD %~dp1
FOR %%A IN (*.mkv) DO "C:\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "%%~nxA" 2: "%%~nA.wav" -downStereo -log="%%~nA_WAV.txt"
I'm too lazy to look up multiple extensions so I just repeat the conversion line but change the extension....
Code:
@echo off
%~dp1
CD %~dp1
FOR %%A IN (*.mkv) DO "C:\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "%%~nxA" 2: "%%~nA.wav" -log="%%~nA_WAV.txt"
FOR %%A IN (*.dts) DO "C:\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "%%~nxA" "%%~nA.wav" -log="%%~nA_WAV.txt"
FOR %%A IN (*.ac3) DO "C:\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "%%~nxA" "%%~nA.wav" -log="%%~nA_WAV.txt"
and that usually works for me (I remember doing a small batch back when I had WinXP.)
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)
Old 18th January 2014, 08:53   #12593  |  Link
Nexin

Maybe Madshi when returns to the project may make it better with more options. Maybe things like use surcode as decoder if better than ffmpeg for mlp etc. Ability to see AOB as files and disc with AOB files parse from .ifo or .bup for chapters. DVD parsing, folder parsing for any audio format file that eac3to can work with. As you say using sox maybe eac3to could work with that more, I didn't think of sox until you mentioned it.

Thanks Sparktank your solution on reading seems it may work for any multiple files from folders and otherwise. Also be able to pipe the source file names to destination files which is needed and again for making log files. Sure if someone has other scripts to improve or better yours then I'm ready to try those also
Old 19th January 2014, 15:27   #12594  |  Link
ndjamena

Code:
@if "%EMode%"=="" Set EMode=OFF
@ECHO %EMode%
if "!"=="" (
	SETLOCAL DISABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION
	Set "DISLOC=1"
)

Set "EXTLIST=*.mkv *.dts *.ac3 *.mka"
goto :Skip

:Process_File

"d:\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "%~nx1" "%~n1.wav" -log="%~n1_WAV.txt"

goto :eof

:Skip

if [%1]==[] (
   Set "Pattern=%EXTLIST%"
   CALL :START
)

:ARGS

if [%1]==[] (
	  Set "Pattern="
	  Set "EXTLIST="
	  if NOT "%DISLOC%"=="" (
		Set "DISLOC="
		ENDLOCAL
	  )
	  pause
   )
   if NOT EXIST %1 (
	  SHIFT
	  goto :ARGS
   )
   if /I "%~f1"=="%CD%" (
      Set "Pattern=%EXTLIST%"
      SHIFT
   )
   Type NUL
   pushd "%~f1" 2> nul
   if NOT "%errorlevel%"=="0" (
      if /I NOT "%CD%\"=="%~dp1" (
         pushd "%~dp1"
         Set "DoPop=1"
      )
      Set Pattern="%~nx1"
   ) else (
      Set "Pattern=%EXTLIST%"
   )
   if "%DoPop%"=="1" (
      popd
      Set "DoPop="
   )
   SHIFT

:START

for %%y in (%Pattern%) do (
      CALL :Process_File "%%~fy"
   )

Last edited by ndjamena; 20th January 2014 at 02:12.
Old 20th January 2014, 16:47   #12595  |  Link
Nico8583

Hi,
Is it necessary to use an external decoder to convert DTS to AC3 ? Is a better quality with an external decoder ?
I would like to extract DTS core from DTS-HD MA or HR in order to have a DTS stream and convert it to AC3.
Thanks !
Old 20th January 2014, 18:22   #12596  |  Link
Snowknight26

No, eac3to can do that using internal functions.
Old 20th January 2014, 19:10   #12597  |  Link
Nico8583

Ok thanks, so Arcsoft decoder or other are only to convert HD stream (DTS-HD MA or HR or Dolby TrueHD) to AC3 ?
And does eac3to support 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1 audio track with internal function ?
Old 20th January 2014, 23:08   #12598  |  Link
tebasuna51

AC3 don't support 6.1 or 7.1
Old 21st January 2014, 08:57   #12599  |  Link
Nico8583

OK thanks, but does DTS (not HD) support 6.1 or 7.1 ? And does eac3to support DTS 6.1 or 7.1 decoding with internal function ?
Old 21st January 2014, 09:08   #12600  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Core DTS can support 6.1 with the DTS-ES extension, although its usually only used if you have no DTS-HD, and eac3to should be able to decode it as 6.1 as well.
I have never seen 7.1 in core DTS.

Tags
eac3to