Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26th May 2010, 16:06   #1  |  Link
elbennodiablo

Help adding pre-rendering job TGMC script

Hi everybody, I was new to most of Avisynth scripting until three weeks ago. After readings lots of posts on the Avisynth Wikis and Doom9 threads, I learned a lot!

At the moment I want to deinterlace standard PAL DV videos (with TempGaussMC_beta1) that are quite long. Of course with TempGaussMC_beta1 the whole conversion lasts long, and I was happy to read that we can add pre-rendered jobs. When I try this however, the second run won't work. Maybe somebody could help me please? I have been searching the threads for a long time, but have not found an answer for this problem.

This is what happens:

I use the following script:

-----
AVISource("C:\Documents and Settings\BENNO\Desktop\New\megui\1.avi", audio=true)
Converttoyv12(interlaced=true)
TempGaussMC_beta1(edimode="nnedi2").SelectEven()
-----

... to convert DV PAL video "1.avi". In Megui I open the avs scipt the script, see the preview screen, click the box "ad pre-rendering job", encoder settings on "X264: Unrestricted 1pass Lossless", file format MP4. For audio input I direct to "1.avi", encoder settings on LAME MP3: *Scratchpad* (CBR 160).

I then press the AutoEncode button and it is on "No target size (Use profile settings)". I press Queue and then start the encoding. After the first run I get an error for Job 3:

Megui created the video "hfyu_1.avi", but job 3 cannot process it. It is a FFmpeg Lossless HuffYUV video, without audio. Could anybody please help me how to fix this?
elbennodiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 16:31   #2  |  Link
Reuf Toc

It seems you just need a VFW decoder for HuffYUV.
FFdshow can do it (just set it to decode HuffYUV in the VFW config panel)
Reuf Toc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 16:35   #3  |  Link
elbennodiablo

The ffdshow Decoder settings for Huffyuv were already set from 'disabled' > libavcodec. So that should not be the problem(?)
Old 26th May 2010, 16:45   #4  |  Link
Reuf Toc

FFdshow can be used as a directshow filter or as a VFW decoder. There are two distincts menu to set formats to decode (one for directshow and one for VFW). Please be sure you set it in the VFW menu.

If you did, try to open the HuffYUV file in your favorite player to be sure the video is not corrupted.
Old 27th May 2010, 09:53   #5  |  Link
elbennodiablo

Hi Reuf, thanks for your help. HuffYUV is set to libavcodec, under VFW configuration.

When I open the HuffYUV file (hfyu_1.avi) with VLC player, it plays the video. But there is no sound. Media player Classic does not open te video. I uploaded a small sample of the video, so you can check it:

Original DV avi file:
http://www.2shared.com/video/dmGlV317/1_online.html
Output FFDS HuffYUV:
http://www.2shared.com/video/IaVnCxg3/hfyu_1.html
Old 27th May 2010, 19:30   #6  |  Link
Reuf Toc

I've checked your video, tried to open it with directshowsource and avisource and no error occured (avisynth 2.58 under winXP) .

The screenshot you posted earlier indicate what error happened : "could not open video stream in any supported format".
After a search on doom9 forum, only two occurences but no solution... Try to install another huffyuv codec, to update ffdshow, or to open your file with directshowsource.
Old 1st June 2010, 13:07   #7  |  Link
elbennodiablo

Thank you for your help. After a few miscodes I reinstalled everything on my computer and now it runs!

This topic can be closed.