Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Closed Thread

Old 6th July 2005, 21:48   #1  |  Link
thenormal

Xvid To Divx

i recently bought myself a dvd player which is also capable of playing divx movies (and quite well too). Unfortunately, it can only play divx movies and not the xvid ones. Most of the movies i get off the net are xvid encoded so i was wondering: is there a way to convert a xvid movie into a divx one without any quality loss? and it you must lose quality, what would be the best way to perform that conversion? any help is much appreciated.

many thanks
Old 6th July 2005, 22:14   #2  |  Link
tigerman8u
Banned

what make and model of player do you have ? I use mpeg4 modifier to change some of the info of an xvid to make it play on my philips dvp642. This doesn't invole a re-encode. but some things can't be changed.
Old 6th July 2005, 22:27   #3  |  Link
thenormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerman8u
what make and model of player do you have ? I use mpeg4 modifier to change some of the info of an xvid to make it play on my philips dvp642. This doesn't invole a re-encode. but some things can't be changed.
it's a sony dvp-ns32
Old 6th July 2005, 23:54   #4  |  Link
ammck55

Not only is it against the Forum Rules to request help on downloaded material, it's also a violation to offer help on such files. See the Rules at the top of any page and the Announcement located at the top of the Newbies Forum homepage.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread