Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 25th August 2005, 03:50   #41  |  Link
vidhead
lost in dependency h3ll

jumped from http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...072#post703072 (as advised)

ok, i'm on MeGUI 0.2.2.2 full now.
copied DGDecode.dll in MeGUI.exe folder.

did the exact same steps mentioned before. One Click Encoder now closes (not stuck) after DGIndex closes. jobs don't run. same error with the avs script because it does not include the necessary plugins.

when i edit the avs script directly, provide the path and load the avs edited script to Input (tabbed main window) it works.

you could make path to aviSynthPlugins folder user configurable?
Old 25th August 2005, 09:18   #42  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
same error with the avs script because it does not include the necessary plugins.
Once again this is a user error. I require the avisynth plugins to be in the plugin directory. If that doesn't work for you, then you have to work your way around MeGUI cos I'm not gonna change that, I find the plugin path concept extremely useful and it spares me work.
Old 28th August 2005, 21:56   #43  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

a new build is up. As usual, the changelog can be found here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...495#post674495
Old 29th August 2005, 11:34   #44  |  Link
vidhead
lost in dependency h3ll

too many too many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
...I find the plugin path concept extremely useful and it spares me work.
where do you find this information from? the registry? an ini file? is in HKLM\Software\Avisynth\PluginDir2.5?

ok, i've avisynth 2.5 and 2.55 installed in 2 different locations. when i install AviSynth 2.55 it "picks" the Gordian Knot AviSynthFolder during installation which i accepted. (shrugs) so all along i assumed my system has it registered there? avisynth.dll in c:\windows\system32 is v.2.55

i dunno about other people doing testings with many different utilities and different builds, but i tend to have several versions installed, if possible, in various drives/locations for the purpose of testing different builds. i think it would be really helpful where paths can be explicitly stated so one may switch them easily without installing and uninstalling and rebooting. in this way we know exactly which programs or dlls are being used each time. only a suggestion.

anyhow, after i copied all the plugins into the place MeGUI was looking for them (i used RegMon - a registry monitering utility do discover where it looks) into c:\Program Files\AviSynth\plugins folder, i'm sorry to say it still doesn't work - the same error happens.

i have worked around this manually.
Old 29th August 2005, 12:08   #45  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

MeGUI doesn't look anywhere.. AviSynth does. I'm sorry but having two AviSynth versions installed (why on earth would you do that, it's not like there's any reason to have 2.5 alongside with 2.55, is there?) is an extremely rare case and I'm not catering to the 0.1% audience with special setups.
You can always put a loadplugin("path-to-dgdecode.dll") into any AviSynth script MeGUI writes.
Old 29th August 2005, 20:41   #46  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

the 0.2.2.3a build contains nothing new, but it's compiled using csc so it's smaller. I'll leave the VS.NET build up for a few days to see if there are no problems with this new build.
Old 7th September 2005, 15:56   #47  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

I would like to include the stripped x264 MeGUI with my binaries as bobor did. Can i do it?
Sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 17:59   #48  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Can i do it?
Absolutely. The same comments apply here (ship an up-to-date version), and one thing I forgot: give a link to the MeGUI thread for further info and the sources (since it's GPL and all).
Old 7th September 2005, 18:34   #49  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

up-to-date is my second name....
however http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=89979
test the installer and read the License agreement... i added it "on the fly" but i will include a decent one ASAP.

Last edited by Sharktooth; 7th September 2005 at 18:45.
Old 7th September 2005, 19:16   #50  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

looks nice I couldn't download the lite version but the full one worked out just fine. will you still keep a non installer version (just the exe) someplace?
One thing: having an uninstall link in a start menu is a big nono in Microsoft's guidelines.. you can accidentally start uninstalling
Old 7th September 2005, 19:24   #51  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

lite version fixed (damn CAPS!!!)...
The lite version is a non istaller version it contains the EXE and the DLL only.
The uninstall link is safe, unless the user is blind and click the UNINSTALL button a second time...
Old 15th September 2005, 11:47   #52  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

bug?

I think i have found some bug, it could be a visual bug only:

When i open megui-x264.exe in dir only with x264.exe (so first time), also 2nd and 3rd..... etc time.

When you go to config > Show commandline, it shows:
"x264.exe" --bitrate 700 --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4 --progress --no-psnr --output "" ""

When you select Baseline Profile it shows:
"x264.exe" --bitrate 700 --no-cabac --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4 --progress --no-psnr --output "" ""

When you go back to Main Profile it still shows:
"x264.exe" --bitrate 700 --no-cabac --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4 --progress --no-psnr --output "" ""

When you go to High profile, it remains:

So the --no-cabac stays there, is this only a visual bug, or will this affect your encode?

Also, when you go to High Profile directly, Show commandline does not change...
bob0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2005, 14:25   #53  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

well, by default CABAC is turned on.. then if you select the baseline profile, it is turned off (unchecked). Main profile doesn't require CABAC, and neither does high profile require lossless, or 8x8dct / i8x8 MBs.. hence if you up the profile, more GUI options become available but they are not automatically selected, and thus the commandline stays the same. If you select a lesser profile, the commandline can change because certain options have to be disabled as they are not compatible with the selected profile.
Old 15th September 2005, 15:27   #54  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

I understand, and you are correct.

Its just rather confusing, that you have to recheck all options that were enabled by default.

But i guess when you start megui-x264, you have to right away save your own profile!
Old 18th September 2005, 14:21   #55  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Its just rather confusing, that you have to recheck all options that were enabled by default.
Imagine coding a multi level history for that, that would be beyond reasonable. Incidentally, no program I know of, offers anything similar, and with profiles, there's really no need for it.
Old 19th September 2005, 08:11   #56  |  Link
akupenguin
x264 developer

One solution that doesn't need a history: The profile selction could by applied during commandline generation instead of modifying the options selected.
akupenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2005, 20:25   #57  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
One solution that doesn't need a history: The profile selction could by applied during commandline generation instead of modifying the options selected.
and then people would ask me "why is the commandline not showing this option even though it's selected in the GUI?"

new release is out, enjoy.
Old 20th September 2005, 23:59   #58  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

Ok, if thats the problem i agree with you.

We still love it! 0.2.2.5 added to x264.nl installer.

Old 21st September 2005, 08:08   #59  |  Link
stephanV
gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
and then people would ask me "why is the commandline not showing this option even though it's selected in the GUI?"
A greyed out option is generally assumed not to be used. This is how it's done in virtually every other program or GUI. (e.g. x264 VFW)

It's you choice of course.
stephanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2005, 18:35   #60  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

the CodecSettings property is painfully oblivious to greyed out Lowering the profile, then increasing it again is rather pointless to begin with.. those who know what they're doing will not have the slightest problem with this behavior. And those that don't fit this criteria can always learn.. at times this is to be prefered over the dumb solution <evil grin of an arrogant developer>