Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st October 2012, 21:27   #12241  |  Link
e1iminator

progdvb

to all people that use progdvb; lets convince the developer to include lav splitter as an option
e1iminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 22:26   #12242  |  Link
dansrfe

Not to question LAV video but I'm not sure if the primaries being signaled to madVR are the correct ones. it says EBU/PAL for a 720 x 480 4:3 NTSC DVD and on another 720 x 480 16:9 NTSC DVD madVR stated primaries as BT.470 System M.

Are these correct? I'm don't know know about BT.470 System M but EBU/PAL is only used with PAL discs right?
dansrfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 22:36   #12243  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Whatever it says was set in the bitstream like this. The values are directly taken from the various specs, there isn't much room to go wrong.
Old 2nd October 2012, 07:19   #12244  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

@dansrfe, if you think there's a bug with those DVDs, a sample of each would help. Personally, I like weird samples, so if you really have a DVD with BT.470 System M primaries, I wouldn't mind getting a sample in any case.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:10   #12245  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipZ View Post
Here's a OGM with SRT sub's sample, http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?324ev47iwvqfd38
This is more a MPC-HC issue then a LAV issue. All it does is expose the subtitles using MEDIATYPE_Subtitle and MEDIASUBTYPE_UTF8, which is perfectly fine for all text-based subtitles.

The Ogg splitter in MPC-HC uses MEDIATYPE_Text instead of MEDIATYPE_Subtitle, and for some reason the subtitle renderer behaves differently.

I don't feel like working towards its brokenness here.

Quote:
I have also noticed that LAV Video doesn't respect enable/disable for sub's it will always show subtitles, maybe this is a MPC-BE issue?
I believe BE overrides the splitters decisions.
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:14   #12246  |  Link
kasper93
MPC-HC Developer

@e1iminator I am using LAV filters in progdvb... Where you have problem?

Quote:
Its a "feature" in mpc-be, apparently. LAV does not control this.
Quote:
BE thinks to much. ;p

Last edited by kasper93; 2nd October 2012 at 11:18.
kasper93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2012, 14:17   #12247  |  Link
VipZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
This is more a MPC-HC issue then a LAV issue. All it does is expose the subtitles using MEDIATYPE_Subtitle and MEDIASUBTYPE_UTF8, which is perfectly fine for all text-based subtitles.

The Ogg splitter in MPC-HC uses MEDIATYPE_Text instead of MEDIATYPE_Subtitle, and for some reason the subtitle renderer behaves differently.

I don't feel like working towards its brokenness here.
Thanks for looking into this for me. cbFormat: 520 works as expected, cbFormat: 524 doesn't work correctly. Does this mean anything towards this issue?

Quote:
I am using the build with with this being an option and have set to not override, also MPC-BE doesn't have a tick to enable the sub's. I also tested with MPC-HC with same issue.
Old 2nd October 2012, 14:19   #12248  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper93 View Post
BE thinks to much. ;p
No All it's now is optionals - wait next release;
Old 2nd October 2012, 14:22   #12249  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Thanks for looking into this for me. cbFormat: 520 works as expected, cbFormat: 524 doesn't work correctly. Does this mean anything towards this issue?
This causes it?
The format contains 4 null bytes for some reason, i guess i can trim those off if they cause issues for SRT.
Old 2nd October 2012, 14:27   #12250  |  Link
oddball

I have a problem with LAV Audio Decoder (Decoding AC3 at least). I am using it to send audo to ReClock (Not bitstreaming) and let ReClock reencode to AC3 output so I can match the display to the the audio stream. However I am getting distortion and the volume is louder than if I use ffdshow's audio decoder. If I use ffdshow to send the audio unmolested it's perfect. LAV seems to do something strange to the audio when sent as PCM. No. The mixer option is not ticked. I also tried outputting in various output formats in LAV like 16 and 32 floating point. 16bit integer etc gave better results but were still too loud and caused a slight pop. But 32bit floating point gives distortion.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2012, 14:30   #12251  |  Link
VipZ

Quote:
This causes it?
The format contains 4 null bytes for some reason, i guess i can trim those off if they cause issues for SRT.
You are the guru After looking through multiple samples that was the only difference between a good or bad result so its just a educated guess from my part.

EDIT: Thanks nev, working great now

Last edited by VipZ; 2nd October 2012 at 15:25. Reason: Fixed
VipZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2012, 15:02   #12252  |  Link
e1iminator

@ kasper93

it would be nice if i could select lav splitter instead of elecard, microsoft or prog;
i have problems using prog splitter with channels such as bloomberg and cnbc; video lags audio
elecard and microsoft work perfectly...

Last edited by e1iminator; 2nd October 2012 at 15:04.
e1iminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 07:24   #12253  |  Link
vad74

nevcairiel
Quote:
If XBMC in fullscreen mode uses D3D Exclusive mode, then the decoder just cannot get access to the required D3D interfaces, because its locked by XBMC. That is all.
I asked about this for QuickSync Decoder author. And he answer for me:
Quote:
Only after the renderer is connected, QS can create a HW device providing the renderer passes a certain interface.
An identical issue occurs in Windows Media Center. I've fixed this for ffdshow. This is something LAV author can fix if he has the time.
Please, try do this.
vad74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 10:20   #12254  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

I've added support for (unencrypted) DVD decode long ago. Decryption was done within ffdshow. The problem is that I don't know how to determine when a menu frame has arrived. When a menu frame arrives, I should flush the HW decoder. libavcodec doesn't queue so many frames as the Intel implementation so it's not a problem there. In normal file playback, the splitter sends EndOfStream and NewSegment events to signal this, but in DVD it doesn't happen. It only sends BeginFlush and EndFlush on seeks and doesn't send any event when a menu appears.
I didn't kill the DVD playback feature, but it's off by default. Can be changed via the normal config interface.
Intel Corp.
egur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 15:54   #12255  |  Link
hoborg

Nev, can you please share x86 LAVF build with fixed YADF deintelacing?

How to start with Bitcoin
hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 16:38   #12256  |  Link
Weirdo

A question on Dolby Pro Logic II in the Mixing tab. I thought this worked in two main modes, Music and Movie. Which one does LAV use? Also, would I be correct to assume it's impossible to implement Pro Logic IIx due to licensing fees etc.?
Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 17:24   #12257  |  Link
mindbomb

there is one downmix, but the decoder can be configured for movie or music iirc.
mindbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 17:43   #12258  |  Link
Hypers

Help me please i've got a problem: When i try to use [URL="http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191"]LAV video filters/URL with any x64 version of your mpc build(1.6.4.5855 (2f0eed8)) with Nvidia Driver 306.23WHQL(GeForce? 460) on Windows x64.
I cant activate CUVID acceleration and even CoreAVC cuda Doesnt work.
But it work on [URL="http://www.xvidvideo.ru/component/docman/doc_download/9063-media-player-classic-homecinema-x64-1634992-without-installer.html"]standart mpc-hc build/URL
it also worked with your mpc build on 301.42 Nvidia driver
Hypers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2012, 02:41   #12259  |  Link
dansrfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
@dansrfe, if you think there's a bug with those DVDs, a sample of each would help. Personally, I like weird samples, so if you really have a DVD with BT.470 System M primaries, I wouldn't mind getting a sample in any case.
@madshi

The BT.470 System M primaries DVD has some weird characteristics that I've noticed about it.

1) If I play the DVD from the IFO file and then manually select the main movie Title or click Play movie from the dvd menu it shows BT.470 System M in madVR's OSD for the primaries [from upstream].

2) If I play any of the VOB files directly I get SMPTE C from the [best guess].

That other DVD that I have shows EBU/PAL primaries [from upstream] regardless of whether I play the DVD from the menu/manually select the main movie title or if I go directly to one of the movie VOB files.

Not sure what to make of the results or what is correct and what is not.
dansrfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2012, 09:32   #12260  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoborg View Post
Nev, can you please share x86 LAVF build with fixed YADF deintelacing?
Here you go.

x86: http://files.1f0.de/lavf/LAVFilters-...5-ga6b7a05.zip
x64: http://files.1f0.de/lavf/LAVFilters-...6b7a05-x64.zip

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter