Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 18th January 2010, 11:42   #1021  |  Link
TheProfosist

Integrating into MeGUI

i just donated today and should be receiving the license soon. I use MeGUI, all indexers that i used previous to this were already compiled into MeGUI and were automatically add to the AVS scripts.

Will this replace all the indexers built into MeGUI? I was just planning on using this for VC-1.

How do i integrate this into MeGUI and AVISynth? or do i just have it index the file?

And for the cuda support is it only supported for the indexing or also while decoding when converting the file?

can i use the nvidia deinterlacer with MPEG2 files?

Examples of previous AVS scripts:
for MPEG2:
DGDecode_mpeg2source("C:\TEMP\NeiA_7-01_Track1.d2v", cpu=4, info=3) - [includes color correction and MPEG2 deblocking]
for H.264:
AVCSource("C:\TEMP\Appleseed HD 720p 5000kbps_Track1.dga")

Thanks For The Help in advance. Im big into encoding and would like to get started again as soon as possible

This is what ive found so far from reading some of the manuals and guides:
index file using correct included program [i need help with which i should use, when, and for what]
start server
load dll in AVS script [i need help with which i should use, when, and for what]
proper code for correct file type? [i need help coming up with comparable code]
is this all i need to do? ...

also since this is now cuda enabled and when you playback you can decode using cuda, is there a cuda H.264 encoder comparable to x264 thats can be used with avisynth and possible MeGUI??

Last edited by TheProfosist; 18th January 2010 at 11:52. Reason: read quick guide
TheProfosist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 13:03   #1022  |  Link
Clumpco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfosist View Post
I use MeGUI, all indexers that i used previous to this were already compiled into MeGUI and were automatically add to the AVS scripts.

Will this replace all the indexers built into MeGUI? I was just planning on using this for VC-1.
MeGui versions 0.3.1.1061 and above have built-in DGIndexNV support.

Quote:
also since this is now cuda enabled and when you playback you can decode using cuda, is there a cuda H.264 encoder comparable to x264 thats can be used with avisynth and possible MeGUI??
I'll let Neuron2 answer that one in detail, but if the cuda was occupied with both frame-serving and encoding, then you would probably lose most of the advantage except if you had multiple cards.
Clumpco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 13:15   #1023  |  Link
TheProfosist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumpco View Post
MeGui versions 0.3.1.1061 and above have built-in DGIndexNV support.

I'll let Neuron2 answer that one in detail, but if the cuda was occupied with both frame-serving and encoding, then you would probably lose most of the advantage except if you had multiple cards.
could you explain how to use the built in support in MeGUI because i cant see it under any of the options.

well i have a 2 pc dedicated for encoding and putting in another card (low end 9500GT?) wouldnt be a problem. though i have used the cuda encoder included in MediaCoder but it did a horrible job at low bit rates and there was almost no customization
Old 18th January 2010, 14:45   #1024  |  Link
Clumpco

Quote:
could you explain how to use the built in support in MeGUI because i cant see it under any of the options.
Personally I use DGIndexNV outside of MeGui with an avs template file because I nearly always use exactly the same settings. However you can run it from inside MeGui by using Tools -> DG Source. It will queue the indexing and then open up the avs editor when done.
Clumpco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 15:14   #1025  |  Link

Quote:
Not in this thread. Please go to the MEGUI subforum.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 17:56   #1026  |  Link
TheProfosist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Not in this thread. Please go to the MEGUI subforum.
theirs a DGNV tools MeGUI sub forum?

and what about the other stuff like help with the avs script and wether this is an all in one solution for MPEG2 H.264 VC-1 etc you dont have to answer the megui stuff the rest should just be general questions.

Last edited by TheProfosist; 18th January 2010 at 18:03. Reason: +
Old 18th January 2010, 18:18   #1027  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

Quote:

and what about the other stuff like help with the avs script and wether this is an all in one solution for MPEG2 H.264 VC-1 etc you dont have to answer the megui stuff the rest should just be general questions.
you can read the manuals that come included with DGDecNV without a license Download
MuLTiTaSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 18:20   #1028  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
As your question here.

Quote:
Regarding the avs script for the DGDecNV tools just read DGMultiDecodeNVManual that is included with the package. It is very well written and has everything you need to get started.
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 18:25   #1029  |  Link
TheProfosist

well so far i have VC-1 working which is the reason i got this because i was getting pixelation with FFmpegsource2 and i refuse to use directshowsource.

read the manual for the combined manual this should handle all my needs. but i have a few question since i have now donated and have it.

you can gpu deinterlace and resize. i currently use lancoze4 for resize and TDeint with custom settings for deinterlce how does the built in GPU ones compare? should i use them instead or stick with what i know?

Last edited by TheProfosist; 18th January 2010 at 19:23.
Old 18th January 2010, 18:26   #1030  |  Link

Quote:
And for the cuda support is it only supported for the indexing or also while decoding when converting the file?
The CUDA support is used when decoding video, i.e., when doing a play/preview in DGIndexNV or when serving a script with DGSource()/DGMultiSource(). It is not needed or used when indexing (Save Project).

Quote:
can i use the nvidia deinterlacer with MPEG2 files?
Yes.

Quote:
is there a cuda H.264 encoder comparable to x264
No.
Old 18th January 2010, 20:28   #1031  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
i currently use lancoze4 for resize and TDeint with custom settings for deinterlce how does the built in GPU ones compare? should i use them instead or stick with what i know?
You should make your own comparison between the resize and deinterlacer. What is better for me may not be better for you.
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 20:28   #1032  |  Link
TheProfosist

i just got syntax to work for mpeg2 and choose to try croping+resize+deinterlace using gpu. this should be comparible to using Lancoz4 and TDeint if not better?

thanks again for all the help. this will be of great help with all my encoding
Old 18th January 2010, 20:32   #1033  |  Link

Quote:
i just got syntax to work for mpeg2 and choose to try croping+resize+deinterlace using gpu. this should be comparible to using Lancoz4 and TDeint if not better?
The resize is bilinear. The PureVideo deinterlacer will produce better results than TDeint in many but not all cases.
Old 20th January 2010, 01:35   #1034  |  Link

Build 2003

* Fix crash on File/Close for some streams.

* Add error popup instead of crashing for malformed MPEG2 GOPs.

* UI facelift. Hope you like it!

http://neuron2.net/dgdecnv/dgdecnv.html

My website is a little slow right now, so be patient. If it persists, I'll give my ISP a call.
Old 20th January 2010, 02:04   #1035  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

great job neuron2 a very pleasant uplift not to heavy at all i must admit i was nervous
Old 20th January 2010, 02:06   #1036  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@neuron2

if i click pause while previewing is the preview scroller supposed to be locked?
Old 20th January 2010, 02:11   #1037  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuLTiTaSK View Post
@neuron2

if i click pause while previewing is the preview scroller supposed to be locked?
Yes. You cannot navigate by GOP when in a play/preview operation. Hit the stop button to exit play/preview mode.

I had a lot of fun implementing that. Any further UI ideas you have will be welcome.

See all that space at the right of the button area? What to put there? I was thinking revolving quotes from Einstein.

Last edited by Guest; 20th January 2010 at 02:39.
Old 20th January 2010, 02:19   #1038  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@neuron2

ok just making sure

curious what influenced the uplift you installed Windows 7?
Old 20th January 2010, 02:22   #1039  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@neuron2

i was thinking about that space maybe template editor or future Blu-ray playlist switcher?
Old 20th January 2010, 02:26   #1040  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuLTiTaSK View Post
curious what influenced the uplift you installed Windows 7?
I use single-step mode a lot and it was clunky to use previously. So I wanted to add a single-step play button. But then I should have a normal play button too. And a preview button. And we might as well have stop and pause as long as we have play. So with all the new buttons, they couldn't stay on the same rectangle as the trackbar. And I couldn't find any decent text characters to put on the new buttons. Result:

* buttons on a separate window under the trackbar
* owner-draw buttons to allow for clear legends

The next UI change will probably be to eliminate the trackbar. You have the select band above it and that can be enhanced to support trackbar functionality. It's a bit goofy as it is now.

Don't have my Win7 machine yet.

Last edited by Guest; 20th January 2010 at 02:40.