Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 7th March 2019, 00:30   #461  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi Wakaku

I had a bit time and looked into the Emoji topic, where I found a bug, reported it to Mosu on GitLab and he fixed it.
Can you try this test version of MTX and send me new samples, because all older Emoji.mkv's are (maybe) invalid.

Could you also include a Tags.xml before you save it into the mkv?

Last edited by hubblec4; 7th March 2019 at 00:37.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 18:24   #462  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Save file as

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
I had a bit time and looked into the Emoji topic, where I found a bug, reported it to Mosu on GitLab and he fixed it. Can you try this test version of MTX and send me new samples, because all older Emoji.mkv's are (maybe) invalid.

Could you also include a Tags.xml before you save it into the mkv?
Wow! Downloaded now. Will do.

UPDATE:
DOWNLOAD: my-7Z-02.7z

I forgot to write in my text file in the 7Z archive, that the result MKV is playable with no problems in: MPC-HC, MPC-BE, VLC, PotPLayer, KMPlayer.

You're twice a hero now, Mr. Hubble.

Last edited by Wakaku; 7th March 2019 at 22:11.
Wakaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 22:30   #463  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Thanks for the new sample files.
Mosu is the hero, he fixed this issue in less a day.

I see that the Emoji's are not correct displayed in cE, but I can't reproduce your issue with the "Save as" button.
The save dialog is opened and then I select an existing mkv file, no errors while saving.
Old 8th March 2019, 06:18   #464  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Quote:
Thanks for the new sample files.
Mosu is the hero, he fixed this issue in less a day.

I see that the Emoji's are not correct displayed in cE, but I can't reproduce your issue with the "Save as" button.
The save dialog is opened and then I select an existing mkv file, no errors while saving.
You both are. I re-tested, no errors this time. I might have overlooked something then, pehaps the path. Anyway, all is good:
  • Again, cE can open the emoji-filenamed MKV, edit, and save it as ease (simple overwrite).
  • cE can SAVE AS that emoji-filenamed MKV into a new simple/regular alpha-numeric file name.
  • cE can SAVE AS that emoji-filenamed MKV into a new unicode file name (eg. CJK, Heb, Ara, Tha).
  • cE can SAVE AS that emoji-filenamed MKV into another emoji file name.
Seems like cE is already emoji-friendly from way back. Wow! Thank you kind sir. You made it possible for the Matroska devs (great people btw) to consider and implement official Matroska lossless rotation, and now it's emoji compatibility. I'll go to MTX's thread and thank him as well.

QUESTION:
Does Lazarus support multi-line input boxes? For example: song lyrics, multi-lined or multi-paragraphed comments.

Last edited by Wakaku; 8th March 2019 at 10:31.
Old 8th March 2019, 13:47   #465  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Nice to read that everything works. But displaying emoji's in cE is not working and maybe I can't fix it, because a Lazarus component has this issue.

Multi-line component:
I don't know, I will check this. A normal edit field is for one line and the ENTER value can't be entered in such component.
I think in Matroska exists also no multi-line support.

But I know what you mean. A TagString value can be longer then the edit field and my intention is to add a Memo component for display.
Old 9th March 2019, 20:37   #466  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Quote:
Nice to read that everything works. But displaying emoji's in cE is not working and maybe I can't fix it, because a Lazarus component has this issue.
No prob. I'm alright with the display of empty boxes / empty squares, as long as the emojis inside are not lost when remuxed by MTX or saved by cE, somewhat like for some unicode characters where Explorer displays them as such if the appropriate fonts are not installed. And my main goal for injecting metadata is preservation of metadata itself after all. For example, I want to save and preserve whatever title or comment (be it unicode or emojis) an Uploader placed in his uploaded video's page in YouTube.

Even Window 7's Explorer displays the emojis as empty boxes / empty squares. But before the fix, they were displayed as "black diamonds with white question marks" in Explorer, or lost if remuxed by MTX or saved by cE back then. I guess MediaInfo's HTML view so far is the only app to view or verify the emojis after getting tagged into an MKV/MKA.

Quote:
I don't know, I will check this. A normal edit field is for one line and the ENTER value can't be entered in such component. I think in Matroska exists also no multi-line support. But I know what you mean. A TagString value can be longer then the edit field and my intention is to add a Memo component for display.
No prob again. Honestly though, I was hoping Lazarus has pre-made multi-line input boxes. I can still input muti-line song lyrics / paragraphs / comments via Mp3tag. After a particular version, Mp3tag has then the ability to allow the User to customize all its input boxes, like if he wants singe lines or multi-lines. When viewed by MediaInfo's HTML View, the line breaks (I think called CR LF?) are represented by a slash ( / ). When I extracted the XML tag, the text was simply... it has a line break where it looks like the Enter key was pressed by a person, instead of a single line. When remuxed by MTX (even before the emoji fix), the multi-lined tags are retained. So... I'm good with the current cE, no need to implement it then.

Last edited by Wakaku; 9th March 2019 at 21:12.
Old 10th March 2019, 01:52   #467  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

I asked in the Lazarus forum about Emoji's and a user answered it works for him out of the box, but on Linux.
Your sample files not all Emoji's are correct shown in MTX but in the test tool. But it is for me OK so far.
Old 12th March 2019, 01:46   #468  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

new test rev of cE

Hi Wakaku

Next point from your wish list is the second: Open With.
I have installed a GUI cli feature and now it is possible to read params which is send by using "Open With".
When you now open a file(with Open With), the last editor is loaded and the file also.

The first param is the input-param and can be a file(I plan to support files) or a folder.

Furthermore you can add two more switches.
The second switch is for loading(I plan more options later):
Code:
-l (small L)
The third switch is for the editor which have to be used at start of cE.
Code:
ceMatroska // Matroska Chapters
ceOGG // OGG/OGM Chapters
ceAVCHD // multiAVCHD Chapters
ceConverter // Converter
ceMTTags // Matroska Tools Tags
Examples:
Code:
chapterEditor.exe "Path\to\your.file" -l ceMTTags

chapterEditor.exe "Path\to\your_folder" -l ceMatroska
It is very experimental and maybe I will change something later, but for testing it will work(I hope).
I'm interested in what you can do with this params to open your files.

Hi Dimsok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimsok View Post
And about searching in db. Is it autosearch anything what i put in "title" input? I try to type title and it hang for some time (for multiple search as i guess). Can you make, that i just type full title then press "enter" for example to search it?
I have insert a checkbox "Search immediately": Disabled: The title search only starts when confirming with the enter key.

From rev1.13 I use a newer Lazarus build which breaks the LoadLastEditor function, it would be nice if you both could check this.
Simple close cE for each editor and reopen cE.

Here is a new test rev of cE.
Old 20th March 2019, 12:32   #469  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Just downloaded now. Will update this post as usual.
UPDATE: Check VH.

Last edited by Wakaku; 22nd March 2019 at 02:49.
Old 23rd March 2019, 18:30   #470  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakaku View Post
A. For screenshot #1: Open With method
If you are indeed planning to expand the param feature, then I guess
this is the Registry location for it?

ISSUE/BUG?
After opening an MKV using this method, cE rev1.15 Test1's taskbar in Windows Explorer... the typical last entry called "Close window" does not appear, or sometimes (or most of the times) the right-click popup for cE's taskbar does not appear at all. See screenshot #3.
Open With works fine for me(Win7 64bit Classic View) and I have test it in a VM Win7 64bit Standard Theme. There is always the "Close window" entry available and two others more.

No I don't plan to expand the param's for the registry. The load(-l) switch is for loading and expanding means options for a cE task like change FPS (switch: -f) or download chapters from the database.

Quote:
B. For screenshot #2: HKCR "Shell" method?
Yes, I know this method and 7zip's view is the best :-). A main entry with sub-options.
Indeed it should not so complicated to generate a Windows reg file(I don't know how it works for Linux) but for now I don't want integrate it in cE, but I will think about it.

Quote:
C. What about SendTo?
a. Shortcut (*.lnk) sub-method
I can do this by simply creating a shortcut (*.lnk) for cE's EXE. Then
placing that shortcut into Explorer's SendTo folder. So far I don't
know how to use the particualr params to force open cE at a particular
tab. I tried:

• path to exe only, eg:
D:\MyFolder\software\aud-vid\mod\chapEdit\chapterEditor.exe

b. BATCH file sub-method

I found the issue. SendTo insert the path-param at the end of the param list.
This means the first param is "-l" or the var"1%" and this breaks cE. cE needs the input on first position.
SendTo works without params only and then is the last used editor loaded but only for Chapters and Tags.
(I have expand the loading of the last used editor in the next test rev.)

For the moment I have not tested on Linux, but I have to options for Windows:
a) I write a workaround for SendTo
b) I change the CLI and the last param must be the input(file/files(also working in new test rev)/folder).

And this is also the reason why point b.) is not working.
Old 28th March 2019, 02:07   #471  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi Wakaku

Here is a new test rev of cE.

I have decided me for option b). I changed the input param position.
1.param is now the cE task option (-l) and param2 is the cE editor. The good now is you can add so much params as you want. All this params will be parsed as an input.

An input can now consist of many files separated by a "|".

Code:
chapterEditor.exe -l ceMTTags "Path\File1.mkv"

chapterEditor.exe -l ceMTTags "Path\File1.mkv" "Path\File2.mkv"

chapterEditor.exe -l ceMTTags "Path\File1.mkv|Path\File2.mkv|Path\Other File3 with spaces.mkv" 

chapterEditor.exe -l ceMTTags "Path\Folder1" "Path\Folder2"

With "Open with" you can open one file only but now you can open multiple files and folders with SendTo.

At least some words about Emoji support.
cE was ever able to handle Emoji correctly(Lazarus has no issues and a native support).
The issue is the outdated Segoe UI font on Win7.
You can install a newer Segoe UI font(from Win10) or any other font with Emoji's support like the seguiemj.ttf.
In the settings (cE GUI) you can change the font.

Last edited by hubblec4; 28th March 2019 at 02:14.
Old 11th April 2019, 20:00   #472  |  Link
sPaCeMoNk3y

Hi hubblec4,
it seems like the time adjustments are misbehaving: when "moving" times only the start time is changes, not the end time. As well as the edition end time is not changed. I really need this feature badly and I'm quite sure it worked back at 0.51 times...
sPaCeMoNk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2019, 01:15   #473  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi sPaCeMoNk3y

Chapter time moving should work. I guess you loaded a file with chapter end times but the edition is not set to "ordered"(such files came from makemkv) and in this case start times will be changed only.

The edition end time was never changed. I have never implemented such functionality.
Old 12th April 2019, 12:54   #474  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Downloaded now. Though my update will be very, very slow, just like I'm late revisiting the forum. I will explain maybe inside an archive.
Wow! All the stuff above are very exciting. I'll try overwriting the old Segoe UI font then. Perhaps I'll search for a tutorial or blog or forum on how to overwrite that font with a newer one as it is protected. Thanks.
Old 14th April 2019, 19:25   #475  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

chapterEditor(cE) rev1.15 is available.
Windows
Linux

CLI support

For the GUI, there is now a CLI function with the option to load files into the cE.
For Windows, two options can be used by right-clicking.

1.) Open with

After loading a file with "Open with" in cE for the first time,
then there is an entry in the registry:

Code:
HKCR\Applications\chapterEditor.exe
and there are further sub-entries:

Code:
HKCR\Applications\chapterEditor.exe\shell\open\command
The value for the command looks like this in the original:

Code:
"X:\your path\chapterEditor.exe" "%1"
With this statement, chapters and tags files can be loaded into cE.
The last used editor is used.
If the last editor was not a Chapter or Tags editor, then the Matroska Chapter editor is used.

For example, if you always want to use the Tags editor you have to adjust the value for the command.

Code:
"X:\your path\chapterEditor.exe" -l ceMTTags "%1"

2.) Send to

With "Send to" several files/folders can be loaded.
To do this, create a shortcut to the cE.exe (right click on cE.exe).
This link is copied to the "Send to" folder
(X:\Your User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo)
Default link:
Code:
"X:\your path\chapterEditor.exe"
Likewise, this link can be edited and you can load files into a specific editor.
Code:
"X:\your path\chapterEditor.exe" -l ceMTTags
You can also create several links with different command lines.
Code:
"X:\your path\chapterEditor.exe" -l ceMatroska

For Linux, the "Open with" also works, but could not test it extensively.

Note:
For the Converter this results in a batch functionality, which I did not test (only theoretically).
You could convert files directly.

Code:
Change chapterEditor

added    &
fixed    *
improved #
changed  %

rev1.15 2019-04-14
// chapterEditor
& CLI support

* from rev.1.13 the loading of the last editor did not work properly for some editors (because of Lazarus update)

# Load last editor: some editors have previously loaded another editor

// CLI
& Loading files
  - 1. parameter: -l (small L)
  - 2. parameter: cE Editor [ceMatroska, ceOGG, ceAVCHD, ceConverter, ceMTTags]
  - further parameters: Input -> File, Folder, several files separated with a | ("File1.mkv|One more file.mkv|Last file.mkv")
  - only Input Parameters: files are loaded into last used editor (only Chapters and Tags)

// Chapter Database
& Search immediately
  - Disabled: The title search only starts when confirming with the enter key

// Disc2mkv
& Create Matroska file in temp folder (settings)
  - Disabled: The Matroska file is created in the parent folder

// Matroska Tags
* Tags Profiles: Apply* (right-click)
  - Options list was not displayed correctly on Linux

Last edited by hubblec4; 14th April 2019 at 19:40.
Old 14th April 2019, 19:45   #476  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

CLI support (GUI)

CLI support (GUI):

Load files parameters: -l (small L)

Editor parameter: ceMatroska, ceOGG, ceAVCHD, ceConverter, ceMTTags

Input Parameter: Path to a file, a folder or multiple files separated by a |

Code:
chapterEditor.exe "Your.file" -> load file into the last used editor
chapterEditor.exe "Your Folder" -> Load folder in the last used editor
chapterEditor.exe "1.File|Second File.xml|3. File.mkv" -> Load files into the last used editor

chapterEditor.exe -l ceMTTags "Your File.mkv" -> Load File in the Tags Editor
chapterEditor.exe -l ceMatroska "A Folder" -> Load folder into the Matroska Chapters Editor

Multiple input parameters (load files into the Tags editor)
chapterEditor.exe -l ceMTTags "Your File.mkv" "Other File.xml"
chapterEditor.exe -l ceMTTags "Your File.mkv" "A Folder"
chapterEditor.exe -l ceMTTags "Your File.mkv" "A Folder" "A.mkv|B.xml|C and D.mkv"
Old 8th May 2019, 15:19   #477  |  Link
darksen

Hi, thank you for this amazing piece of software.
I want to ask, is there any way to import only the chapters name from an xml file? Something similar to what one can do from the Database tab where you have a button "Use chapter names only". I have an edited chapters file (xml) that I can't upload so I have to use it from local file and I can't find the option to do this, there is one?
If not, can you implement this feature?
Thank you.
darksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2019, 17:02   #478  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi darksen
and welcome to Doom9 forum.

Indeed, such a feature is not present. You can use chapter names from a normal .txt file. In the chapter editors you will find a Chapter naming feature and there you can load such a .txt file.

I could expand that. When you load an xml file, all chapters names will be collected and used for the internal name list. Let me know if this OK for you?

Last edited by hubblec4; 8th May 2019 at 17:42.
Old 9th May 2019, 06:23   #479  |  Link
darksen

Quote:
Hi darksen
and welcome to Doom9 forum.

Indeed, such a feature is not present. You can use chapter names from a normal .txt file. In the chapter editors you will find a Chapter naming feature and there you can load such a .txt file.

I could expand that. When you load an xml file, all chapters names will be collected and used for the internal name list. Let me know if this OK for you?
Yes, please, it would be great. Thank you!
darksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2019, 19:26   #480  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

rev1.16

chapterEditor(cE) rev1.16 is available.
Windows
Linux

This time just a little update with a few new features.

Code:
Change chapterEditor

added    &
fixed    *
improved #
changed  %

rev1.16 2019-05-11
// chapterEditor
& Support for new formats
  - .webma, .webmv (Chapters and Tags)
  - .mp4, .m4a, .m4v (Chapters) MKVToolNix is required

// Matroska Chapters
* After moving or deleting a chapter trackUID, cE crashed

// OGG/OGM + multiAVCHD editor
& Append chapters from Matroska files

# Reload of Matroska files with multiple editions
  - only worked for .xml and .mkv files

// Chapter naming
& load XML Matroska Chapters file as name list

// Chapter Database
& Download chapter file: for OGG/OGM Editor

Tags
bluray backup, chapter editor, dvd2mkv, matroska menu, metadata, multi-edition-mkv, xml tag