Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th November 2004, 08:36   #1  |  Link
pogo stick
I have sawdust in my head

How to get translation out of mono audio?

Is there a way to remove every sound from mono audio except translation (two voices)? I have two version of one movie. First one is good quality with nice original stereo sound. And second is very bad with translation over noisy original mono sound. So I want to take just translation from it and add as central channel to stereo. Is it possible?
Thanks in advance.
pogo stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2004, 14:29   #2  |  Link
ursamtl

Because the track is in mono, about all you can do is process using an EQ to remove all the frequencies with the voice doesn't predominate. There are some expensive software tools that might be able to do even more processing than this, but like I said, they're expensive and also quite complex to use. Try some EQ and see if that helps. It might reduce the bad background noises enough that the good version in the other speakers will mask them, yet you'll still benefit from the voice in the mono track.

Steve.
ursamtl is offline   Reply With Quote